Resolved Settlements don't take into consideration of Stash food

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: Settlements don't take account of stash food when calcing food
How to Reproduce: Have a castle with looted villages, starving people yet stash is FULL of food.... dumb.
Have you used cheats and if so which:
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

A stupid situation arises when a Castle has all its villages looted, and the castle starving ... YET the stash is FULL of food. The game doesn't take into consideration of food in the stash when calcing food levels.

I realize this might unbalance the game if this is fixed but it must be done. It's ridiculous as is. The player should have a check box "Do you wish your Stash food to be used by the populous ? (Y/N) " for each settlement. If the player inputs "Y" then the people won't starve ! Yes, the AI will also need to handle food in the stash.

Summary: Settlements don't take account of stash food when calcing food
How to Reproduce: Have a castle with looted villages, starving people yet stash is FULL of food.... dumb.
Have you used cheats and if so which:
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

A stupid situation arises when a Castle has all its villages looted, and the castle starving ... YET the stash is FULL of food. The game doesn't take into consideration of food in the stash when calcing food levels.

I realize this might unbalance the game if this is fixed but it must be done. It's ridiculous as is. The player should have a check box "Do you wish your Stash food to be used by the populous ? (Y/N) " for each settlement. If the player inputs "Y" then the people won't starve ! Yes, the AI will also need to handle food in the stash.

I think this is posted in the wrong section, as this is a suggestion and not really a "bug/problem".
The game is working as intended.
I get your point, and I can agree with it to some degree.
But the "stash box" was from my understanding meant to store "items that dont perish" like weapons, armor etc.
Food in rl if you stored them in a strongbox with rot fairly quickly or they would attract ants :wink:

The game is working as intended.

I thought that but historically settlements were used for storage of food, especially sacks of grains. So it is a bug.

I understand your point, looks like many hours of balancing has gone into settlement stats. Works for the most part, fantastically.

I get your point, and I can agree with it to some degree.
But the "stash box" was from my understanding meant to store "items that dont perish" like weapons, armor etc.
Food in rl if you stored them in a strongbox with rot fairly quickly or they would attract ants :wink:

No, Stashs allow food, and grain sacks, kept warm and dry, can last for a long time. Just like Wine, Olives, beer etc

Allowing Fish, meat, grapes, etc is a laugh :grin: .although salted fish and meat was a thing for preservation.

I thought that but historically settlements were used for storage of food, especially sacks of grains. So it is a bug.

I understand your point, looks like many hours of balancing has gone into settlement stats. Works for the most part, fantastically.

No, Stashs allow food, and grain sacks, kept warm and dry, can last for a long time. Just like Wine, Olives, beer etc

Allowing Fish, meat, grapes, etc is a laugh :grin: .although salted fish and meat was a thing for preservation.

Yes... I get that but this is a "stashbox" not a granary. or "storage" while mechanically we can store all kinds of things in it, think of it as a "physical small box" where you store your private belongings.

I think it was "easier" to see the concept in Warband where it quite literally was a small box/chest in your keep.

But basically my perception is that its the same as it was there and it was something suited for private storag.
I feel that my perception in this case is the same as the devs seem to have in mind, given that the mechanics play out as they do.

Hence I still think this is a suggestion and not bug/error(call it what you want).

And again I dont disagree with your idea, its a good one, and to some degree the mechanics you suggest have been suggested before I belive in various formats to counter the issue of very populated towns end up starveing etc.

And on the "no, stahs allow food etc" - I meant ingame, not it actual use.
Some goods as you say if the temperature would be fine to store in a chest for long duration, however some goods, not as much.

The problem though is that its not "labelled as it was in Warband where it was 100% obvious what the "stash" is used for aka personal usage.
Bannerlord it feels more vague by calling it "Stash". Should my perception of its usage be correct then ideally it could be labelled "personal storage" or private something that makes it more intiutive than the current name is.

Back
Top Bottom