Settlement Scene Making Guide

Users who are viewing this thread

Mkay, i know i should but i dont wanna look throught 43 pages for an anwser
so i make a city and everybody walks to 1 spot and just stands there.
i put in starting positions or somthing and they still walk to 1 spot :???:

Assistedsarge said:
Mkay, i know i should but i dont wanna look throught 43 pages for an anwser
so i make a city and everybody walks to 1 spot and just stands there.
i put in starting positions or somthing and they still walk to 1 spot :???:
Strange, I assume you used the entry points as described in the first post...
Do they walk to an entry point or is just a point where all their paths seem to collide? If I remember correct peasants should appear at the entry points 10 to 19 (10 in total), regularly choose one of these entry points as their goal and walk there. Without an AI mesh they will try to walk in a straight line, with an AI mesh they will try to walk the way with the fewest mesh plates to cross.

If you want you can post your scene and I download it and have a look at it tonight.

Assistedsarge said:
Can some one tell me where the "terrain generator" is and do a little more expasnsion on what i have to do for a flat terrain
First you need to enable Edit Mode:
1. Load up Mount&Blade preloader, choose the Configure option
2. Click the Advanced tab
3. Click the checkbox next to Enable Edit Mode

When you now start a game you have a new button at the bottom called "Terrain". When you press it you enter the terrain generator.

Hey!
Really nice mod. Love the settlements.
The thing is, i usually play using the settlement "Modria" (the underground one, can't remenber the name :razz: )
but i thought it could use some modification.
So i started on my own underground settlement.
Being a newbie and all i just can't figure out how to actually make the entrance.
I created the terrain with a huge mountain to place my settlement in.
But the problem is that when i place a corridor at the entrance or anything else
the mountain wall pass right through the corridor.

So my question is, how do i make a tunnel through the mountain?

Not looking forward to the ai-mesh hell im gonna go through  :razz:

(I get the feeling that the creator made a crater then somehow placed a roof on it)  :roll:

yes thats the way he done it, its impossible to make tunels with landscape tools, but you can desegin the tunel walls with rocks and then put more rocks to make a roof

Awesome thx!

Rocks for roof sounds complicated.
Think i'll drop by the settlement and take a peek at it.
Wish i thought of that before i started asking questions.  :razz:
Btw are there still room for another settlement?
I'm planning on using empty 45 (the one near custow)
If that is taken i can use the one in rhodok territory at the edge of the map.

Just wish i did'nt have to work 10 hours a day the next 4 days

So I am pretty new to this mod but this looks interesting. Some of the compleated cities look amazing. Are the user created cities included in the game so eventually I will be able to live and rule one of these awsome creations?

Yes, a lot of the settlements in the current version of the mod were submitted earlier by players. I'm afraid I'm not too familiar myself with the settlement scene making business, but I've been given to understand that the players/forum-goers can do a lot to contribute to the game. You have the opportunity to leave a permanent mark on the Custom Settlements mod for all other players to enjoy.  :grin:

I'm not sure whether or not anyone else is using it, but you can still have it for yourself. If it turns out someone else has already made a settlement using Empty46, yours can just be moved to an available spot.
More spots will be made available on the map in the future.

OK thx. It's not that good as this is the 1st time I've done scene editing, plus 46 is quite flat, I'm trying to make how a settlement really would have developed/looked.

How would you go about making new entry points.  I would like to use points 50-59 to place horses (like peasants and guards) that roam around inside a corral or simulated to run wild in an area?

Also, would it be possible to remove the saddles from these horses or is the saddle a part of the image and cannot be removed?

I have looked through the forums but have not found anything relating to this.

Enar said:
How would you go about making new entry points.  I would like to use points 50-59 to place horses (like peasants and guards) that roam around inside a corral or simulated to run wild in an area?
Adding new entry points would be easy, the problem would be to tell the program what to spawn there and what these will do (walk around). You need to talk with wickedshot about this, if you can do the script changes yourself she only needs to reserve the entry points for you.

Enar said:
Also, would it be possible to remove the saddles from these horses or is the saddle a part of the image and cannot be removed?
The saddle is part of the image so to remove it you have to create a new horse skin.
I know that some mods that have/had horses without saddle but I don't know if they allow the usage in other mods.

Back
Top Bottom