Resolved Settlement and Village Issues

Users who are viewing this thread

3Drew

Recruit
Every time my game gets going and I gain a city or two, I always get overrun with village and settlement issues. I have spent an half hour working on issues for Lageta, nonstop quests for the villages and town, and not even budge the negative impact it was having on my city. Every time I complete one, another one takes its place. It never ends. I'm the KING of Vlandia right now, get someone else to move your stupid cows for you. That shouldn't be my problem. When at peace, I'm stuck just cycling through quests for my cities just to prevent them from rebelling against me. I have Governors at all of them and upgraded buildings but issues will always tear my cities down if I'm not babysitting every one of them 24/7.

It feels so bad to be forced to run quests all the time. Can something please be done about this? Also assigning a companion and 20 troops to go away for 15 days to deal with 8 packs of looters doesn't really seem like a reasonable alternative. This is my biggest gripe with the game and the biggest thing killing the fun for me.

As an example - I had just completed all the quests at this town and when I got back maybe 20 minutes later, this is what it looked like: (I just made this account for this one post, idk if I can post pics or link yet)

I agree, towns and castles need to have more than the 3 levels of buildings that they have.

Give us the ability to upgrade the city to the point where we actually see positive values without micro, like 10 levels.

Also allow us to have the garrison patrol the villages that support the city / castle. I shouldn't have to run around protecting every villager band from bandits, our vassals and hired men should be doing more than sitting in town growing fat and old.

There's a mod, I don't know if it's updated, that allowed governors to deal with issues. It was so nice because once you get big enough you don't have time to deal with every petty issue that comes up and frankly that's what a governor is suppose to do anyway.

Yeah they need to add governor and clan parties being able to actively and autonomously solve them. Also I think as a fief owner you should be able to proactively prevent many of the issues from coming up. I don't know if there's actual reasons for some of the issues or if it all just random but sometimes the issues make no sense at all.

I agree, towns and castles need to have more than the 3 levels of buildings that they have.

Give us the ability to upgrade the city to the point where we actually see positive values without micro, like 10 levels.

Also allow us to have the garrison patrol the villages that support the city / castle. I shouldn't have to run around protecting every villager band from bandits, our vassals and hired men should be doing more than sitting in town growing fat and old.

Actually there should be ACTUAL city management involved with city management. You should have to regularily be making decisions about your cities, castles and villages and many of those decisions should have pro and con impact. For example, you got a pop up that says a message arrived from one of your fiefs, then when you read the message you find out that a fire has destroyed the grain storage and your given multiple options how to resolve.

1) Immediately send funds to repair the grain storage and buy more grain to cover the lost supply (Cost 20,000 Denars, Loyalty +5, Food +10 for 10 days)

2) Send funds to repair the grain storage but do nothing else (Cost 10,000 Denars, Loyalty -5, -10 food for 10 days)

3) Do nothing. (Loyalty -20, -20 food for 20 days, Militia -10 for 10 days Prosperity -10 for 10 days)

Then instead of just building everything to level 3 and forgetting about everything, you should have to do something like chose between building a larger barracks for a bigger garrison or using that land for a marketplace to help build prosperity or something similar.

THAT would be city management. What we have is just.....well nothing.

Actually there should be ACTUAL city management involved with city management. You should have to regularily be making decisions about your cities, castles and villages and many of those decisions should have pro and con impact. For example, you got a pop up that says a message arrived from one of your fiefs, then when you read the message you find out that a fire has destroyed the grain storage and your given multiple options how to resolve.

1) Immediately send funds to repair the grain storage and buy more grain to cover the lost supply (Cost 20,000 Denars, Loyalty +5, Food +10 for 10 days)

2) Send funds to repair the grain storage but do nothing else (Cost 10,000 Denars, Loyalty -5, -10 food for 10 days)

3) Do nothing. (Loyalty -20, -20 food for 20 days, Militia -10 for 10 days Prosperity -10 for 10 days)

Then instead of just building everything to level 3 and forgetting about everything, you should have to do something like chose between building a larger barracks for a bigger garrison or using that land for a marketplace to help build prosperity or something similar.

That would be great as well as an expanded building levels, or maybe have a set amount of levels a town can get to e.g 100 and you decide how they are distributed.

So will you spend 10 on food now you only have 90 to assign to other buildings.

I like the idea of getting random messages that give you either a mission (bring back x hardwood and grain to repair the granary or the pay x / y / ignore the request).

There are a few problems with what you're proposing. First the game is not touted as a city management game anywhere or by anyone so something like this would frustrate a lot of new players. Second what you're proposing doesn't seem like a city management game. They're very hands on and what you describe is more a kin to a mobile clicker game not really a city management where you have to get in and see where the problem lies and reroute electric, sewage etc or change roads, builds and the like. Third the idea of a city builder game kind of clashes with the idea of a kingdom builder. What I mean is you can be involved at the city level or at a country level because trying to keep a kingdom in order, fight wars, conquer rival kingdoms then adding in trying to keep a 6-10 towns running properly is going to overwhelm just about everyone, just my 2 cents.
If all that isn't enough TW has enough problems getting the systems they have now working properly they would never go for something like this, it would be too much work for them with little benefit.

Something to fix this AND supply patrols to deal with bandits/tiny enemy parties needs to be added.
Currently doing a playthrough where I have all but wiped out a kingdom, yet my faction is constantly at war with them. So loads of 10-20 men parties zip around the map and destroy all the villages. This coupled with stupidly scaling village quests(requiring hundreds of mules or tools) makes it impossible to keep your holdings stable/profitable.

I posted an idea of when you sit on your throne you are there to deal with problems. Like you sit on the throne and your notables come in and present you with requests that can cause different effects by approving or disapproving. I'm all for anything that will bring you inside the castles and cities, cause its a shame to me they are so absolutely beautifully done and just wasted as we dont really have a reason to go into them.

Or they could dial down the negative number the issues make.
-1 is kind of absurdly high.
Basically it tanks the affected stat and will force you to take action.

Dialing it down to 0,5 or 0,75 would have a huge impact in terms of "you can wait until a better time" etc.

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom