Setting Camp and training troops

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey guys,

Not sure if this is still a feature in the game. But I remember that on Warband you can set up camp anywhere in the map and train your troops. I hope they carried that over because chasing those looters is getting annoying after a while. Plus it will also help with the quest line where you train troops for a town.

yes it would be cool, especially since 90% of the time my party speed is 0.1 lower than looters, no matter how many horses i have in inventory

yes it would be cool, especially since 90% of the time my party speed is 0.1 lower than looters, no matter how many horses i have in inventory
Hahaha this is so true! And the Scout skills improve quite slowly.

Hey guys,

Not sure if this is still a feature in the game. But I remember that on Warband you can set up camp anywhere in the map and train your troops. I hope they carried that over because chasing those looters is getting annoying after a while. Plus it will also help with the quest line where you train troops for a town.
Glad to see I'm not the only one to miss that feature, it was very useful indeed. I totally agree with you and hope they'll add something similar or even better :smile:

I actually hope they don't add it. The current system works good.
As for chasing looters, buy a horse for every unit you have. They don't use them in combat but they do use them to travel with you. So this makes you faster on the world map.

For Training, your expected to find easier fights to train up (especially for the quest).
If you want better troops, then join a faction/Do quests to unlock higher tiers/amass a good size army and fight. Expect to lose a few troops every battle. It happens.

Hopefully your also playing on 'Realistic'!!

As for chasing looters, buy a horse for every unit you have. They don't use them in combat but they do use them to travel with you. So this makes you faster on the world map.

For Training, your expected to find easier fights to train up (especially for the quest).
If you want better troops, then join a faction/Do quests to unlock higher tiers/amass a good size army and fight. Expect to lose a few troops every battle. It happens.

At least have an option to turn it on or off. I would agree on the latter part where you have to be immersive play the game as if it is real or close to reality on those time periods. Although, the rate of the levels for the troops are super slow to gain and plus the quests that some of these NPCs requires you to have at least decent tier troops, especially the hide outs cause I have tried having a lot of 3rd tier troops before I started the hide out and still got wrecked by them.

I do play on realistic. And I have restarted my campaign so many times cause I keep getting owned by large groups of bandits because I only have few upper tier of troops other than peasants or recruits.

Hahaha this is so true! And the Scout skills improve quite slowly.

Glad to see I'm not the only one to miss that feature, it was very useful indeed. I totally agree with you and hope they'll add something similar or even better :smile:
it is not just the scout skill you need to level but also the riding and athletics. move around in battles instead of waiting for the enemy to come to you, this will increase your riding / athletics skill (moving on the map does not really increase it that much).

buying a horse for every troop you have works? i did not know that, i just need to keep them in my inventory? and if i have 2 battanian warriors and 1 highborn warrior do i need 2 horses or 3? as in 1 horse per different unit type or 1 per single unit.

Buying a horse for every troop you have works? i did not know that, i just need to keep them in my inventory? and if i have 2 battanian warriors and 1 highborn warrior do i need 2 horses or 3? as in 1 horse per different unit type or 1 per single unit.
I think he meant companions?

Yes I do, but now I don't think it's relevant to talk about how the game is realistic here. I mean when you go visit a village you see 4 houses and 10 people at most (this is not even close to a village imo, just 2 families having a farm haha), and when you leave you see a party of 20 peasants leaving this same village. And then a nodoby comes by, you, and just recruit one of those villagers because "hey, let's make an army!"

The main purpose of the training skill imo is to give the player a better chance at improving recruits and low level troops. Most recruit just end up dying on the battlefield, or they don't kill anyone. Which is realistic haha! So the more reason to help them a bit and give them some training :wink:

I think he meant companions?

Yes I do, but now I don't think it's relevant to talk about how the game is realistic here. I mean when you go visit a village you see 4 houses and 10 people at most (this is not even close to a village imo, just 2 families having a farm haha), and when you leave you see a party of 20 peasants leaving this same village. And then a nodoby comes by, you, and just recruit one of those villagers because "hey, let's make an army!"

The main purpose of the training skill imo is to give the player a better chance at improving recruits and low level troops. Most recruit just end up dying on the battlefield, or they don't kill anyone. Which is realistic haha! So the more reason to help them a bit and give them some training :wink:

No, I meant for all units. If you have 20 soldiers then you should also have 20 horses.
As for the second half. If you think 'training' would help your troops. I think you should instead ask why your recruits who have real weapons like spears and such don't also have rocks to throw at the looters. Or better yet, why a looter needs to take two arrows to the face to die.

Someone else suggested a you half the HP of enemies but double the armor protection. I think they may be a good compromise. I don't understand how someone (even with adrenaline) is going to survive an arrow shot through the skull.

Back
Top Bottom