Servers STILL kicking everyone back to menu at end of round??

Users who are viewing this thread

Servers still booting all back to menu at end of round instead of going to either next round or next map is an obvious, screaming bug and not a feature. Combined with the queuing it is an absolute sack of wet sand to the face of any MP enjoyment.

Why is this still happening? I like MP, I get there are issues, balancing, complaints over this and that etc but the above issue is so fundamental to retaining players that it is truly baffling why it hasn't been fixed.

This is the single biggest handbrake on MP, I see it get mentioned and then nothing happens. I've even seen acknowlegement of it from Dev team members. This has been going on since release but nothing is being done about it.

Please, for the love of Gods, sort it out NEXT PATCH, it is a priority issue.

Servers still booting all back to menu at end of round instead of going to either next round or next map is an obvious, screaming bug and not a feature. Combined with the queuing it is an absolute sack of wet sand to the face of any MP enjoyment.

Why is this still happening? I like MP, I get there are issues, balancing, complaints over this and that etc but the above issue is so fundamental to retaining players that it is truly baffling why it hasn't been fixed.

This is the single biggest handbrake on MP, I see it get mentioned and then nothing happens. I've even seen acknowlegement of it from Dev team members. This has been going on since release but nothing is being done about it.

Please, for the love of Gods, sort it out NEXT PATCH, it is a priority issue.
It wont be a priority, some dev threw an statement saying idk why that was hard to code or something like that and they won't be able to do it soon, basically this game is so stupid a basic feature like playing without stopping can't be done at all

It is maddening how this isn't being sorted out pronto. I want to enjoy playing Bannerlord in MP but this really puts the dampener on it.

As you say about the Dev statement, it is fairly absurd this isn't being prioritised.

This was one of the reasons I stopped playing MP as quickly as I did. Even right at release the queue times were too long. This may just be me but I just don't want to queue for any game if the queue is longer than 30 seconds, esp if I have to queue between playing. I like to get on, maybe do some loading up and prep, but then when I'm in, I want to be in the game and controlling something until I'm done playing for the night.

Warband and now bannerlord has always been a low population game, so whenever things that destory server populations continue on it compounds the difficulty in finding a match. I used to see this in warband all the time on servers that allowed them to rotate into khergit vs khergit matches. You could have 60 ppl on for a solid hour, k vs k comes up and you are down to 10 people in 5 minutes, 100% of the time, and the server can stay dead all night from that point on too.

Thing is I know people wanted to play. If I hopped on and just said screw it, I'll hit a tree for 10 minutes, someone eventually showed up, then another and another, it's a critical mass thing of people randomly checking if enough people are playing. If so they will stay for a while, if not, they leave.

Long match making + server dumps every time will continue to kill the MP population regardless of how people feel about balance or whatever else. I have a feeling they just coded this game straight up like they were going to match make everything and made a ton of horrendous assumptions early on that leave it the way it is now for a long while.

I don't know why TW doesn't seem to fundamentally understand how people play these games online yet. The population will never be some huge AAA game. There are some competitive players (well, there used to be), but the majority of people playing aren't going to want that. This game is the ultimate medieval sandbox, and the multiplayer should reflect that. I don't know why they went like the esport 6v6 double down or nothing route when they should have leaned in hard into their customized weapon, outfit, and perk selections, and built a more involved siege mode.

I also think they are just insane for not having a huge PvE mode for online as well, but eh.

Back
Top Bottom