In Progress Server stutters have made MP unplayable

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Unmodded
Summary: My screen freezes for about 1 or 2 seconds every 20-30 seconds, sometimes it freezes for longer, other people also complaining about it in chat.
How to Reproduce: Play Siege or TDM with more the 5 people on the server
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: GTX 3060
GPU Driver Version: 512.77
CPU: Intel i7-6700K
RAM: 32gb 2133MHz
Motherboard: Z170-HD3-CF
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD 970 SCSI

I used to get 5 frames per second in multiplayer. I'm not sure if this will work for you or not Although recently I found out that after a crash (or you clicking stop in the steam library for bannerlord) Click Yes and Start in safe mode. Then I get consistent performance after doing that. I can even run on High settings in multiplayer! However after 10 minutes of game-play I start noticing lag again. After the match is over I exit thru the steam library and I get my performance back again with safe mode. This leads me to believe that safe mode fixes memory leaks or something? Also safe mode resets all your settings so make sure to change them back if you want to. Id try using the setting it recommends after safe mode launches except motion blur. I hate motion blur. Also I noticed that it kept my key-binds. But it did not keep the mouse sensitivity.
let me know if this works for you. - Muirhied

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply, but It's a different issue, the server itself was having hiccups, the chat was full of people complaining about it, and I don't have any stutters or hiccups in singleplayer, Bannerlord Online, or small multiplayer matches, it's only in Siege and TDM servers of atleast 10 people, and everyone I know that has the game is having the same issue right now.

Just so you know I was only talking about multiplayer I too only get lag like that on multi. And yes I was getting 5 fps on the multi servers with 10 or more people specifically EU SIEGE, EU TDM, EA SIEGE, EA TDM and GK_Battle. I was at 5 fps on those most popular servers. Then I turned safe mode on. Then BAM instantly regained performance on the same servers. Also fyi I don't play regular multiplayer. I ONLY Play on the custom server list.

Last edited:
Video of the stutters, these happened alot early on but I thought they would have been fixed by now. Like I said I know this is Server issues, because It doesn't happen in singleplayer at all, doesn't happen on private servers like Bannerlord Online, and small multiplayer servers seem to be fine, never had the stutter on duel.

Yeah I have no lag in single-player as well. judging by the video it seems similar to what I have except magnify that by 3x that much. Again Safemode may or may not work for you. I'd say just try it out. It does seem too simple as a fix though. Seems enabling safemode may be doing something to reset network connections/packets because I get no lag in singleplayer and the lag happens on Those servers only. I have been on that server in the video before. I was slaying at 5 fps. Then I dropped down to 1 and I thought all hope was gone. I then clicked safe mode and it was night and day difference. Id say just try it, if it doesn't work it doesn't work. Also SAFE MODE DOES RUN WITH MULTIPLAYER VERSION. If it helps with your performance, i don't know. Every computer is different. Id really like to see if it works or not. Thanks

Last edited:
Hey all, our team is aware of the problems caused by servers and working hard to fix them as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Back
Top Bottom