Server list doesn't load

Users who are viewing this thread

HarneyUK

Recruit
Since I downloaded the update I haven't been able to find any servers at all. I get the message "unable to connect to server" as soon as i click join a game. Before the update I had no problems playing.

I have both the game and dlc on steam.

I just deleted the game and reinstalled it and no change. When i click join game it still says unable to connect to server. I checked native warband and that doesn't work either now since the update. Anybody got a fix for this?

I'm not really sure what to do with those (not to great with this kind of thing) but i copy and pasted them into my address bar and all but 1 worked out of like the first 10. It came up with all server information

Is this not a widespread problem. Im getting really frustrated I really want to play. I thought a lot more people would be experiencing this than there is.

That website stores a list of all active Warband servers' IP addresses. The game uses those addresses to get information from the different servers all over the world. If you can't access that website, your game won't be able to display the list of servers properly.

Sorry to be a pain but I really would like a solution. I just bought this game and was thoroughly enjoying it until the update which rendered it unplayable. Its the weekend which is my time off and I don't have any other time to play.

I've deleted the game from steam completely and reinstalled it. I can access that website with all the ip addresses. I've even verified and defraged my cache. I also checked the 'secure_Connections  0' in the 'rgl_config.txt' file. It also affects native warband.
Does anyone have any idea of what the problem could be I was playing completely fine before the latest update.

Can you try installing the previous version of warband:
http://download2.taleworlds.com/mb_warband_setup_1151.exe

The DLC will still work with it (with some small bugs), and it might solve your problem.

I had this problem too:
1. I changed the 'use_secure_connection' option to 1.
Result: It doesnt work
2. I installed the non steam version of the whole game and the dlc.
3. I changed the ' use_secure_connection' to 0
Result: It works

I dont know if the 2nd step is needed.

I downloaded the file you sent me no luck. I tried changing the secure connection thing no luck. Im going to try using a non steam fully updated version with dlc and if that doesn't work i'l mess with the connection thing again and get back to you.

I downloaded version 1.151 and 1.152 non steam. Tried both with secure connection and without with my steam copy still installed. Then I tried all circumstances without the steam copy installed anymore (i was reluctant to have to reinstall it again if this didnt work) and still no result it's strange because I had to problem with native warband ever or with the previous version of nw.

I cleared my hard drive of all things mount and blade and just re downloaded everything from steam and it still doesnt work. This is starting to get really annoying I've spent more time trying to fix it than playing it and because it's taken down the native module with it I have no multi player at all.

Still getting this problem I've been over to the native support section and there is a lot of people over there with the same problem as me. This game has been broke longer than working since I've bought it. I know £8 is not a lot but Im starting to feel ripped off

Thank you for taking the time to look at the problem. It's only because I loved the game so much in the first day that im pestering you so much so I can get back in there  :grin:

Could you try to download this file:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11240073/mb_warband_test.zip

Extract the contents in your main Mount & Blade: Warband folder, and try to run the game with mb_warband_test.exe  tell me if it works now.

It didnt work for me same result. Just to be sure that I did it right this is where I put it

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\mountblade warband

I dont know if this is relevant or not but i seem to having a lot of problems with flash as well. I can't watch TV on bbc iplayer anymore but I can watch youtube videos.

I had a few niggling annoyances with my computer apart from this issue so I did a factory reset and now the game is working fine.

So if your desperate or have been needed to do 1 anyway that works.

Thank you Vincenzo for trying to help fix my problem so much im sure you'll get to the bottom of it :smile:

Back
Top Bottom