Server Issues?

Users who are viewing this thread

The forums just went down for ~10 mins or so, just making sure Admins are aware/someone can look at the server logs and figure out what went wrong.

EDIT: And again just now.

Swadius 2.0 said:
Thought I was banned :lol:.

I thought that as well, until I asked another forum user on steam. Was really concerned for a moment there.

Elisianthus said:
The forums just went down for ~10 mins or so, just making sure Admins are aware/someone can look at the server logs and figure out what went wrong.

Try a day.

Sorry to everyone for the inconvenience, we are still investigating the issue and trying to resume normal funcionality on all our services.

It is possible we have suffered an attack. In any case, avoiding a repeat of this is a top priority for us and we'll be looking at ways to avoid and minimise downtime as a result. This was not planned. We will always give due notice for any planned downtime.

Captain Lust said:
Sorry to everyone for the inconvenience, we are still investigating the issue and trying to resume normal funcionality on all our services.

It is possible we have suffered an attack. In any case, avoiding a repeat of this is a top priority for us and we'll be looking at ways to avoid and minimise downtime as a result. This was not planned. We will always give due notice for any planned downtime.
Thanks Lust  :grin:
Is the main problem now the servers list being down constantly across the board for the games/modules?

Also damn the people responsible for this attack if Taleworlds/M&B was a target.  :evil:

Ah lala...
Why not taking a backup server ?
I remember having see a server that redirects every connections from one server to another if he's not reachable, i.e:

warbandmain.taleworlds.com = Alive -> Redirect to warbandmain.taleworlds.com (192.0.0.1).
warbandmain.taleworlds.com = Unreachable -> Redirect to warbandmain.taleworlds.com (192.0.0.2).

I believe it'd be quite helpful in these kind of cases and wouldn't be an expensinve service to get.

Ra'Jiska said:
Ah lala...
Why not taking a backup server ?
I remember having see a server that redirects every connections from one server to another if he's not reachable, i.e:

warbandmain.taleworlds.com = Alive -> Redirect to warbandmain.taleworlds.com (192.0.0.1).
warbandmain.taleworlds.com = Unreachable -> Redirect to warbandmain.taleworlds.com (192.0.0.2).

I believe it'd be quite helpful in these kind of cases and wouldn't be an expensinve service to get.
Not really helpful in a DDoS attack against multiple servers, as this appears to have been. There are however other preventative measures available which hopefully we'll get in place soon.

Yep, the attack appears to be continuing. The forum is currently back up, but there's no telling whether it will stay up in the short run or keep going back down.

The devs are working on preventative measures now.

Janus said:
Not really helpful in a DDoS attack against multiple servers, as this appears to have been. There are however other preventative measures available which hopefully we'll get in place soon.

Great, that's nice to see you're working on it.

Janus said:
Yep, the attack appears to be continuing. The forum is currently back up, but there's no telling whether it will stay up in the short run or keep going back down.

The devs are working on preventative measures now.

Devs working on it ? Would programming a protection work ? If it's a DDoS attack, I'm not sure (keep us informed if it works, I'd be very interested to know what was setted up), I thought the only protection was to redirect the incoming trafic to a server able to absorb the attack (DDoS Protection).

Thanks for keeping us informed.

Epicrules said:
Swadius 2.0 said:
Thought I was banned :lol:.

I thought that as well, until I asked another forum user on steam. Was really concerned for a moment there.
You can check here next time.
Epicrules said:
Elisianthus said:

Try a day.
Exactly what happened to me.

Back
Top Bottom