Server Hosting Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey guys... Not sure if ya remeber me from a couple years ago, but I used to host a Vikingr server for the GK clan.

Just curious, do I need to obtain permission from you guys before hosting on?
Are there any special requirements?
Any special settings needed to be done to host it?

Couldnt find a thread so figured I would post

Thanks

UPDATE -

Fixed!
Solution here -
ryozu said:
Okay, I spent some time trying to figure this out and got a server running without firing up a graphical interface with this commandline:

WSELoaderServer.exe -p mb_warband_dedicated.exe -r Sample_Battle.txt -m Vikingr

EDIT: It did show three servers when I viewed LAN servers, don't know if that'll happen when browsing internet servers.

If you wish to put up an american server it is certainly welcome, as you probably know there have been a few attempts but most proved to he rather shortlived and I recall Vidirhrafn, who hosted a server himself, to be rather disappointed about the lack of activity.

In technical terms though: There is a Sample file included in the main download, you best change the server name and password to something more suitable and then it should be running well already. Another thing with the hosting is that you will have to start the game with the WSE server version, which is also included in the download.

In the admin panel you can change the percentages for the class limitations, but those are reset whenever the server is restarted. Beyond that there is also the limited lives for siege, and I recommend that you best only set them right before starting a siege map. Currently it is not a good idea to change the amount of lives during a map of siege either, so you have to be a bit careful with that^^

Little confused/unclear as to what I need to do to run this as a Dedicated Server...

I see the Sample file, but no start.bat, but since you mentioned I need to use the WSE launcher for it... Try launching the Server version and I get a d3dx9_42.dll missing error...

Soo what do I need to do here that is different from all the other mods?

The d3dx9_42.dll missing error sounds like you don't have DirectX installed properly.
Can you manage to start a native Warband server? That would be something to get working first. I assume you know how to do that.
Then the next step would be getting it started with WSE.
And if that works then you should be able to start Vikingr.

If you still have problems, please let us know and we'll see what we can do to help!

Barabas said:
The d3dx9_42.dll missing error sounds like you don't have DirectX installed properly.
Can you manage to start a native Warband server? That would be something to get working first. I assume you know how to do that.
Then the next step would be getting it started with WSE.
And if that works then you should be able to start Vikingr.

If you still have problems, please let us know and we'll see what we can do to help!

I am trying to host this on a Dedicated Server running Server 2012...
We currently are hosting without any issues 4 Native servers, a PW server and a FuIn2 server.

I have tried adding it to the same modules folder and running it there, did not work

Tried sending it to a seperate clean installation by itself, still failed

Since this is a Server and does not have any graphics, it cannot load an actual game

Okay, I spent some time trying to figure this out and got a server running without firing up a graphical interface with this commandline:

EDIT: It did show three servers when I viewed LAN servers, don't know if that'll happen when browsing internet servers.

ryozu said:

Excellent, thanks alot, I will try this out when I get home from work.

They frown on remoting to personal servers here, only supposed to remote to client computers haha

Ok this worked like a charm for me.

Really should put this in the 'Hosting Setup" section or whatever

Thanks!

ryozu said:

Leifr Eiríksson said:
Would it be worth sorting out a thread in a similar manner to Hrafnabjóðr but for the USA? Flavour is everything in Víkingr, it's probably good to maintain the integrity of the mod in this fashion.

Planned on it, but I also have to manage 6 other M&B servers lol

Simply a time issue :wink:

Plus this thread was strictly for getting the server running, i have made a seperate thread for the actual server page

Back
Top Bottom