Resolved Server Crashing when people leave the match (tested on Captain mode)

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e.1.5.7
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Unmodded
Hello,
I'm not sure about the beginning of round, (I don't want to test this thing anymore), but on the last round (2-1 or 2-3) if you press ALT+F4 instead of quitting normally to the main menu the server will crash and drop all the people out of the match.

It is unclear whether the developer know this, but why can't it be fixed in time?
People are literally suffering from this and now we have an addition to this "feature" - The Doom Sound.

It's the same server crash as before. If the developer will play more rounds he will face it, because It happens on daily basis.

It's not 100% that ALT F4 causes this (simple quit to the main menu might also cause it), but maybe when a player leaves the game and the server is becoming vacant for 1 person, the game will send 1 player from que to that server, however since it is the last round he won't be able to join, so maybe this crashes the server.

But I can tell you that this server crashes are starting from people leaving match. (most of the time when the score is 2-1 or 2-2 at the locked round)

This server crashed started to appear again on 1.5.7, earlier version was stable.

Last edited:
We just played a game, and the server crashed on the very 1st match (I did not see any people leaving though)
My mate just said that he played 10 games and 5 of them were with server crashing.

It's serious as RageQuits are nothing new. And the method to crash the game vs decent players are always looked to be found sadly...

Can confirm that server crashed today twice for us, while last soldier from his whole unit left the game last round.
Seems if only a player controlled soldier remains from his whole unit (like 1/17) left by alt+F4, it leaded to a server crash.
We were fully stacked. Seems to happen while stacked. 3rd round.
Seems like the game is trying to get control over player controlled unit which leaded to a crash twice. Rage quitters are destroying the game.
Maybe a temporary fix like 15 minutes ban from multi for those who leave on purpose only while the game is in progress would help in waiting for the fix (if it will not take account of crashes - hard to implement code wise to be fair)

Last edited:
We are still investigating this issue. The logs from the users sadly can't show anything. We are still working towards the logs we receive from the servers. Sorry for any inconvenience!

At this point I'm certain there's a link between leaving and crashing. It doesn't lead to crashes everytime but when game crashes there's generally a player who left. Battleye can also be related.
Sometimes it's delayed, like it doesn't crash until after they have been replaced with a new player.
It's being exploited.

Last edited:
The QA team informed me that they were unable to reproduce this issue in the most recent version of the game. Are you still experiencing this?
Seems very fine now. No crashes of servers experienced.
There is just some issues with peoples getting kicked out of the game while loading the map, but that is another topic.
Thank You!

Back
Top Bottom