Serve as soldier - the mod Author was bullied?

Users who are viewing this thread

It'll be hard to beat the time someone paid Big Man Tyrone to read somebody's post as mockery.
wf0t8d14zuj81.jpg

That´s some ****ing epic move, I love it!

Last edited:
What happened to the author of the "Serve as soldier" mod?

According to rumors, the mod Author was bullied.

A lot of people liked the mod. He developed the idea of the abandoned "Freelancer" mod.

It was a great mod and I get a lot of feedback from viewers about it.

Author, if you read this, please write here or add me on steam or wherever is more convenient for you: https://steamcommunity.com/id/soulplay1/

I would be interested to hear from the author and perhaps I could be of some help.

If there are haters of the author here, you can argue your position. Let's try to figure it all out together. I will be the arbitrator. :grin:

Good mods shouldn't go to waste so easily.

p. s. By the way, the developers should have taken the idea of a mod and added it to the game.
maybe he/she doesn't have time anymore?

There is an update to the mod, not tested yet.

EDIT : tested and it triggers crashes endlessly ;(

Last edited:
The author of Save as a soldier explains clearly why he did that mod and that seems completely fair. Maybe there is some jaleousy roaming around... or stupidity...
I understand his explanations, but I don't like the tone of it, as I've said, strikes me as overbearing, arrogant and needlessly aggressive. I agree that he should do what he likes, but as it came up years ago while a massive drama built up in Skyrim's mod community, if you wanna do self-serving mods, don't publish them. That's it, there's no secret.
Over the years I've actually made countless mods for myself which I never publish, the reason's exactly that, they were self-serving and I didn't think it was fair to others uploading it and forcing my personal preferences upon them, ignoring feedback, requests and suggestions. So I'd have an idea (singular idea), create a mod to serve that purpose and never update it again unless it was necessary. No work, and no neglecting the public because I alone am the public xD
Many authors think like I do, in a sense that if you upload a mod you have responsability with it and it's public, when not wanting to take such responsability, we don't publish the mod at all, or, if we do, we publish it with a massive warning like "one time only mod, no support, no updates".

The core difference between me and some author friends of mine is that they love developing the mods and do it for the fun of doing it. I, on the other hand, hate making mods, programming, dealing with bugs, etc. So when I make a mod I make it to fix gameplay for myself so I can play the game. They publish their mods, update them, build a community around them, while I also make mods but nobody ever sees them except for me and some friends.

Over the years I've made sub-mods to actual Warband mods, countless Skyrim mods, merge mods and sub-mods, and countless Crusader Kings mods too. Funny part is that I always end up deleting most of it during a game's downtime (when I stop playing it for long periods) along with the game because I never remember I made the mods, than I come back and am like "but there was this thing I used to use/do, where's it?" "OOOOOH! It was my mod, fk" :lol:

Last edited:
Over the years I've made sub-mods to actual Warband mods, countless Skyrim mods, merge mods and sub-mods, and countless Crusader Kings mods too. Funny part is that I always end up deleting most of it during a game's downtime (when I stop playing it for long periods) along with the game because I never remember I made the mods, than I come back and am like "but there was this thing I used to use/do, where's it?" "OOOOOH! It was my mod, fk" :lol:
Then I must thank you for Skyrim, I have stooped playing because a few years ago my windows flashed and I had not saved the config files from the C: lol - but my Skyrim was perfect, 256 mods and all the stuff for LOD, making it really beautiful !!! Damn when I was reinstalling I had at least 48h of modding-testing before playing, but it was worth it !!!

For the topic we were speaking about at the start, I just said the author explained himself, and I don't want to be the judge of neither him or you. Everyone has their arguments that are - I think - legitimate. :wink:

Then I must thank you for Skyrim, I have stooped playing because a few years ago my windows flashed and I had not saved the config files from the C: lol - but my Skyrim was perfect, 256 mods and all the stuff for LOD, making it really beautiful !!! Damn when I was reinstalling I had at least 48h of modding-testing before playing, but it was worth it !!!

For the topic we were speaking about at the start, I just said the author explained himself, and I don't want to be the judge of neither him or you. Everyone has their arguments that are - I think - legitimate. :wink:
You shouldn't, I never published Skyrim mods, at least as far as I can remember. For instance, when I would shoot a new load order, often I'd want incompatible mods to work together, so, I'd make a mod myself to merge them (manually, no xEdit merge patch, I'd hand-craft it)... Each time I go back to Skyrim it's at bare minimum 3 weeks before I start playing because I'm building the LO with ludicrous amounts of mods.

It's an interesting stance you have there through, I don't judge, but I'm not blind to what I see neither. It's a way of thinking, like, you do whatever you want, no judging as for condemning the person, but I also am not obliged to like it, or not dislike it.

Back
Top Bottom