Serve as soldier - the mod Author was bullied?

Users who are viewing this thread

What happened to the author of the "Serve as soldier" mod?

According to rumors, the mod Author was bullied.

A lot of people liked the mod. He developed the idea of the abandoned "Freelancer" mod.

It was a great mod and I get a lot of feedback from viewers about it.

Author, if you read this, please write here or add me on steam or wherever is more convenient for you: https://steamcommunity.com/id/soulplay1/

I would be interested to hear from the author and perhaps I could be of some help.

If there are haters of the author here, you can argue your position. Let's try to figure it all out together. I will be the arbitrator. :grin:

Good mods shouldn't go to waste so easily.

p. s. By the way, the developers should have taken the idea of a mod and added it to the game.

You can still download the mod for 1.7.0 from the Eagle Rising mod's Discord until Muse returns. It is not allowed to upload the files anywhere else.

"[...]LL Muse has granted permission to host a direct link to his mods on our discord until he returns, uploads somewhere else, or says otherwise.

If you see his mods uploaded anywhere else without permission, please report it. [...]"

You can still download the mod for 1.7.0 from the Eagle Rising mod's Discord until Muse returns. It is not allowed to upload the files anywhere else.

"[...]LL Muse has granted permission to host a direct link to his mods on our discord until he returns, uploads somewhere else, or says otherwise.

If you see his mods uploaded anywhere else without permission, please report it. [...]"

Thanks for the information!

So the author just took a break?
No problem then, we'll be waiting.

I just want to say, I loved the mod and it helped me actually have an enjoyable playthrough (I normally get bored and just start again).
If the modder sees this, thank you very much for your hard work.

If there are haters of the author here, you can argue your position. Let's try to figure it all out together. I will be the arbitrator. :grin:
What would be even the point of this lol.

I think the dev left the mod because of Taleworlds support or something, I don't remember exactly what were his words. I seriously doubt he'll contact you and specially to have an "argue" with his haters haha, but yeah this mod was great, someone needs to rework it again

What would be even the point of this lol.

I think the dev left the mod because of Taleworlds support or something, I don't remember exactly what were his words. I seriously doubt he'll contact you and specially to have an "argue" with his haters haha, but yeah this mod was great, someone needs to rework it again
My offer of support to the mod developer has nothing to do with the proposals for everyone to speak out in the topic. These are two different items.

Make a big drama video about how they were bullied. Or about how dum it was people told you such a rumor if it's not true and who they are. Or how you invented the rumor yourself. One of these is true, so what is it?

Make a big drama video about how they were bullied. Or about how dum it was people told you such a rumor if it's not true and who they are. Or how you invented the rumor yourself. One of these is true, so what is it?
MODDER GETS BULLIED OUT OF BANNERLORD - Fake or Truth? CLICK THIS VIDEO!!! :devilish::devilish::devilish:(Earn money in CashApp) (Sponsored by cash app)

Guys dont mock -internet Modder/Troll arbitrators are a rare breed and we are lucky to have one here. I welcome the return of this mod author as i do his tormentors.

May justice be meted out with internet Solomon's (OP) wise judgement - Let it be Written! Let is Be So...

Guys dont mock -internet Modder/Troll arbitrators are a rare breed and we are lucky to have one here. I welcome the return of this mod author as i do his tormentors.

May justice be meted out with internet Solomon's (OP) wise judgement - Let it be Written! Let is Be So...
Yes you're right, on the other hand I want more Taleworlds forums drama, there havent been one for a while now, damn I miss the good old days when pointless arguments were everywhere. Now there is only pointless suggestions that were made a year ago in a different format

I think it is HIGHLY inappropriate to drag in drama irrelevant to the game and its related discussion, into the forums.
It is, but if done delicately it can be entertaining and not cause a problem. I'm also interested in what somebody could say on nexus comments to make a modder go away. Either it's a lie or it must be an interesting story. Making people online shut up or go away is notoriously difficult.
It'll be hard to beat the time someone paid Big Man Tyrone to read somebody's post as mockery.
That's fascinating!

Do you have the link for that discord?

stumbled upon this thread searching for bugs related to the mod (I've personally experienced many but it may be synergy issues with other mods)

Interesting topic, though, because there are some odd arbitrary changes to the core essence of what Freelancer was, which's on meta terms to make the journey of leveling up feel less grindy and more immersive. The changes I find absurd are the total cut of the ability to wander towns or taking short leaves as it used to roll originally (at least in WB) combined with the implementation of commanding a small companion retinue of which you don't actually command because at that point you are force-assigned as commander for battles (either you pick a spot for a unit or you don't, the retinue isn't under you). There are plenty of inventory miss-match issues in which you lose access to previously held gear unless it was equipped, the retinue casue a bug in my game in which my party went to negative number size (-2) if I was alone in it, always accounting for 3 wounded troops permanently.

Anyway, back on track, so the guy implemented a feature where you can carry companions, but removed the vanilla way of recruiting companions (because you can't visit towns/taverns where the army makes stops, and you can't take a logical quick leave to scout them neither, the leave is "permanent")

If you split after retirement to search for companions, tough luck, your tier resets with the faction force pushing your companions to get stationed somewhere until you can hold a retinue again (takes ages)

I've seen that he also removed interesting intricate features like serving bandits and mercenaries, which were probably originally intended for both RP purposes and gaining access to otherwise walled special equipment designated to those. Arbitrary change yet feels like it was made because the guy doesn't know how to do it properly, yet the declaration given about those removals in the mod description are quite arrogant in a way that it's passively aggressively offending those who liked it and the original Freelancer for BL author.

Odd thing to think that the guy run at the first sight of negative internet reaction (that's a stapple, anyone who dealt with public on the internet knows it), given the tone of his mod description.

It's also noteworthy that he doesn't seem to interact enough with his own community, mod-page is filled to the brim with requests, bug reports and feedback that go totally unanswered, it has also broken after the hotfix for 1.8 with no sign or reassurance of an update anytime soon.

Now, I like the mod and am thankful for it, but the author doesn't necessarily strikes me as someone I'd like personally. Internet drama always finds it's way into modding communities, if you think BL's Drama Queen, you should see Skyrim's, that one you'd crown Drama Empress. :lol: :lol:

What happened to the author of the "Serve as soldier" mod?

According to rumors, the mod Author was bullied.

A lot of people liked the mod. He developed the idea of the abandoned "Freelancer" mod.

It was a great mod and I get a lot of feedback from viewers about it.

Author, if you read this, please write here or add me on steam or wherever is more convenient for you: https://steamcommunity.com/id/soulplay1/

I would be interested to hear from the author and perhaps I could be of some help.

Good mods shouldn't go to waste so easily.

p. s. By the way, the developers should have taken the idea of a mod and added it to the game.
The author of Save as a soldier explains clearly why he did that mod and that seems completely fair. Maybe there is some jaleousy roaming around... or stupidity...

Back
Top Bottom