Seriously, what is going on with the development team?

Users who are viewing this thread

talior3

Recruit
I can not fathom how normal regular people can come up with mods like Army Formations Made Easy, improved garrisons and Companion Party Control while the actual team, the people who get paid for this, can't even come close to such basic concepts?

Seriously. Someone tell me what is going on, how can normal people make free mods that are 10 times better than built-in mechanisms made by the actual team in charge of this game?

How?

At some point working on the same software, you just lose motivation / get bored. You don't have the same productivity as a modder who does a mod and moves on

At some point working on the same software, you just lose motivation / get bored. You don't have the same productivity as a modder who does a mod and moves on
But then again, someone who produces a mod on his spare time (on top of his current job) should not come close in functionality to someone who is getting payed to expand his own work; especially when we are talking about a single guy.

I get that modders do not need to concern themselves with breaking other peoples code, coding styles, weekly meetings, etc but damn!

i bet they just want to fix the base the game and sprinkle some features but fixing it seems too hard for them so they can't add additional features.

Because a modder can just sit down and do what they want. They don't have to get it approved. They don't have to make sure it doesn't conflict with other updates (well...maybe TW doesn't either...). Even just that they can independently decide "this idea is going into my mod" is a big advantage in getting something done that Devs don't have. We know from many discussions that Devs can bring forth ideas, but many times even seemingly simple, short changes get denied because it's just something TW management doesn't want in the game.

The progress rate is disappointing and frustrating but e can't blame the Devs.

Most mods are actually made by Taleworlds employees secretly working under aliases in their free time. For example, Bloc is actually Armagan's wife.

We know from many discussions that Devs can bring forth ideas, but many times even seemingly simple, short changes get denied because it's just something TW management doesn't want in the game.
I should have been more clear in my own post now that I read yours. I am by no means saying that the devs are responsible (I do not want to edit it).

Most mods are actually made by Taleworlds employees secretly working under aliases in their free time. For example, Bloc is actually Armagan's wife.

You never cease to amaze me. Good one!

Damn and she just quit modding BL in frustration with TW, guess someone will be sleeping in the coach for a while :lol:

VaUIx.png
Btw, what the hell did happen these profile pics?:grin:

I can not fathom how normal regular people can come up with mods like Army Formations Made Easy, improved garrisons and Companion Party Control while the actual team, the people who get paid for this, can't even come close to such basic concepts?

Seriously. Someone tell me what is going on, how can normal people make free mods that are 10 times better than built-in mechanisms made by the actual team in charge of this game?

How?
Because creating or working on something that you want to do is easier than to work on something that were asked you to do.

Because the people making the decisions and the people coding the game are not the same people. A modder does what he wants and a programer has to do what he's told to do. That's where the "doing it for free" and "getting paid" part differs.

Because the people making the decisions and the people coding the game are not the same people. A modder does what he wants and a programer has to do what he's told to do. That's where the "doing it for free" and "getting paid" part differs.
It's as if you'd expect better decisions when you get paid

Back
Top Bottom