Seriously.... Bunny hoping?

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah, I haven't really experience too many problems with this, myself.  I have died to a jumping enemy about once, though I've had people do it on several occasions.  It doesn't seem to provide that large of an advantage, though I guess it can sometimes be an unexpected trick--no more so than a good feint or chamberblock or something though...  Hell, probably a lot less so. XD

It is funny when players try to jump up to meet you on horseback, though. XD

You lose momentum bonuses when you jump, even when descending, so there really is no point to it other than novelty, or like what some poster above me said about being used like a feint.

On a different note, it's really fun to do a jumping vertical attack in SP!

I actually saw a really neat system that was implemented to counter bunny hopping back in the ol' Call of Duty days (no, not COD4, I'm talking like Call of Duty 1, the original). Basically when someone jumped, they could jump again right away, but the actual jump would be significantly reduced in height, as though they were tired from the first high-jump.

Of course, some folks found a way around it, where if you jumped, then immediately went prone you would crash to the ground in an instant.

This might be something to consider implementing as M&B, obviously, has no prone option.

I jump to evade horses and sometimes arrows, and if I can I always try and get jumpin-overhead-two-hander kills just for the lols, but its a silly tactic that can never work in a real counter-infantry situation. Sometimes you can jump at an archer and if you're lucky his arrow will go below you, but that usually doesn't work either.

the only good reason to hop is when your playing archer/ other class with a 1h-sword, if you practice enough, when someone try turtiling you with sword+shield, you can jump up and to the side, while spinning the camera so you land on their side, usually, they have slow enough reactions not to turn fast enough to put your shield between you...
and that takes practice, jumping up and down gets you killed when the enemy slashes your legs, which any half good player can do.

The OP's insisting that there exists some obscure bug in the system which makes the jumper immune to damage, and it is such a common knowledge that everyone is 'bunny hopping.'

But then he also goes on to say that he forgot about the thread, insults the people who took the time to write opinions, and then says he won't be bothered with it anymore.... and of course, all along the way, no evidence or proof whatsoever. Not even a single screenshot that attempts to look like evidence.

Typical, ain't it?

Lots of new players look down when they fight so they can better see their character.

So, when their opponent jumps, they tend to swing underneath them and miss.

Try aiming for the head. You'll do more damage when they don't jump, and still hit them when they do.

They can't crouch, so unless you're on uneven ground this is always a good idea.

I think it's OK when people jump I jump to run away when I am an archers and jump to avoid calvary or kill the guy riding the horse. a lot of other people jump for the same thing. :mrgreen:

Da-V-Man said:
I usually find when I'm attacking an opponent and he jumps, I hit his legs, doing more damage than I would normally (in mano a mano fights, that is).

Most likely because boots tend to be neglected when people upgrade armor.

One time, a horse jumped over me.

And I killed it.

What's the Bunny hoping for anyway? Do you mean the Energizer Bunny?

darkhorse said:
Most likely because boots tend to be neglected when people upgrade armor.
I'm gonna upgrade my boots first and foremost from now on.

OP is angry and never played video games in his life before.

Jumping over a weapon swing is actually a pretty skilled maneuver and takes some pretty awesome timing. I dare you to try it intentionally one day, there is a certain timing to it but its hard, and any average player will just adjust their swing and hit you. Everyone else swinging at chest level will still hit your legs without any adjusting. The only time you will clear a chest swing, which is a normal aim point for most people, is at the tippity top of your jump, which you are only there for a microsecond, so you have to aim such that the peak of your jump is the same time the weapon will cross your body. Further, anybody can just tilt it up a fraction and snag your feet still.

Also it is sad to me that people can't even use the term bunny hopping correctly.

I saw the film "Gamer" and was dissapointed there wasn't any bunny-hopping in it.

How can they make a film about a multiplayer combat game without people jumping around like idiots? Where's the realism in that... They also left out all the peeps calling each other noobs and fags.

As to the OP, I've never really had any trouble with this in game. Jumping seems a bit crude to my mind, but it doesn't bother me overly much. I'm not a hard-core MP player though.

Roh said:
Wow. I had forgotten this thread. And people still didn't really read what I said before trying to argue against my point. There is a very specific instance where a flaw in the game engine makes it a useful bug to abuse. But then I don't really feel like talking about it anymore. I'm done with this thread.

ThreadNecro.jpg

How can they make a film about a multiplayer combat game without people jumping around like idiots? Where's the realism in that... They also left out all the peeps calling each other noobs and fags.

But... but... 'n00b' and 'fag' insults are a time-honored tradition in any MP game...

How could they do such a thing!! How dare they!  :mrgreen:

Lord Tryko said:
You're a noob if you can't hit a jumping enemy. :lol:
Do you think that in real battle everybody would stay still and wait for you to cut them down?

No need to call the guy a name.  to some people the word n00b = stupid (or dumb) newbie.

He's like a lot of people who get frustrated easy in fighting.  The only real solution for them is to practice online in many deathmatch games.. and jump himself!  Its how you learn to fight it.

Now to him I say...  My best kills are when people jump and try and kill me with a timed leap.  Heh..  I almost look forward to it now :smile:

I got a special move for when I know Im about to lance a jumper and about 8 out of 10 times Im the one who gets the kill.

I still die the other 2 times tho  :shock:

Back
Top Bottom