serious rework that the game needs

Users who are viewing this thread

RodLimitless

Recruit
I love Bannerlord i've spent as many hours in it as I have in SoT which means i've been beyond addicted to the game since I got it, now,

this game is almost unplayable without mods D:

mods should be a bonus, an extra, NOT a necessity nor a must.

that said, the following are simple reworks i seriously think the game needs and don't think it's hard to make it happen. srsly hope TW hears us out, but these are my points:

1) amor values. they're awful right now. top armor, take 1 low tier archer arrow hit, and more than half health is gone. like, why even bother wearing it then.
-->as of now, having to use the mod armor does something to make the game playable

2) NAVIGATION SHORTCUTS. My index finger's been in pain bc i tried to do crafting and i had to click LMB left mouse button nonstop for smelting etc until i came across the addon hotkeys. i seriously considered quitting the game bc it felt i was playing click heroes.
--> as of now i'm having to use the addon hotkeys to compensate. i cannot play this game w/o it.

3) party UI enhancements

4) party haul, and being able to tell parties to do what. there's an addon that does this can't remember what's called bc it wasnt available in 1.5.10 last time i checked but yeah. you could tell parties to follow u w/o being in army.

these are cruicial for gameplay and QoL to me, and if anyone else got somethjing be sure to mention it too

as of now im going back to 1.5.10 though i wanna play 1.6 but not about to sacrifice the basic QoL attributes i get from mods to play on the updated versiosn, sigh ,...

The vast majority of bannerlord players have never installed a mod. Just because we can't envision playing the game vanilla does not mean that our experience is "factually correct" or objective.
ya I pretty much never installed a mod, but I was really tempted at one point when the leveling progression sucked a lot. That's been and is being fixed so I'm fine with the vanilla. I like giving feedback so no mods until steam workshop/end of EA.

1) About the armor, I think they are planning on reworking armor values, saw them mention that. Duh mentioned: "We are also discussing armor and how to improve it" at one point so that's that.
2) The suggestion for crafting 5x/all has just been suggested yesterday and the UI responsible developer will be suggesting it to management.
3) What kind of party UI enhancements?
4) Telling parties what to do was rejected as an idea. It would really diminish the value of influence and army creation imo and also could be a tad bit too strong so I'm fine with that, game needs a challenge as it is.

1.6.0 introduced lots of good QoL features on its own, it really is worth playing from that point of view imo. Plus the performance is way better than it was in 1.5.9 and .10 which is why I wouldn't turn to the previous patches for nothing.

Last edited:
4) Telling parties what to do was rejected as an idea. It would really diminish the value of influence and army creation imo and also could be a tad bit too strong so I'm fine with that, game needs a challenge as it is.
I think that was the most useful feature of the Diplomacy mod. Depending on your reputation with the lord and your speech skill you could not only tell lords to follow you (you could do so in Native but lords would rarely do this) you could tell lords to go to a certain place to flee, to defend a castle/town, to attack a castle/town and to repell invaders. Lords would much rather take that advice then the native "follow me I have a plan". If the outcoming action was successfull you would get a relation boost with said lord and if it wasn't a penalty. This was an absolute genious feature in my oppinion, immersive and highly useful.

Hey RodLimitless and everyone,
It helps being more specific when addressing Taleworld, I already suggested that these party control settings should be added,
each of them should be in my opinion a yes/no or a slider, what do you think? do you have anything to add or remove or to change from this list?

1. chase/don't chase anyone - just join the army immediately once given the command.
2. reinforce (or not) our clan fiefs (contribute troops to garrison)
3. reinforce (or not) allied fiefs (contribute troops to garrison)
4. avoid combat/preserve troops
5. stay close/far from me/our fiefs.
6. attack bandits - yes/no
7. siege enemy fiefs - yes/no
8. do quests yes/no
9. recruit or not
10. recruit prisoners or not
11. upgrade and hire poisoners (yes/not)
12. sell prisoners at town (yes/not)
13. how much food to have (100/200/300...)
14. reinforce our fiefs only with low rank troops.
15. if allowed to take troops from our fiefs and at what level
16. focus on speed - be quick so can outrun enemies (yes/no)
17. join other clans army (yes/no)

A lot of the people that say that they "really enjoy and like" this game. are also the people who say stuff like, "well, duh! You gotta have the imperative 20+ mods installed before you play." How they actually make that work I have no idea. For all that talk about "you don't remember Warband without mods", usually you didn't have to patch on dozens of mods that do nothing but fix the obvious to make Warband enjoyable.

So I use a fair number of mods. The thing I think most needs fixing in the game is the siege AI. If there is a mod that fixes that I would get that in 2 seconds. The Devs of this game are clearly expecting / using the modders to make their game better. They should purchase the mods that make the game better and incorporate them into the game, that way the game would be better and those mostly responsible for making it better would get some payment for their work. That is the right thing to do and the fact that as far as I know the modders aren't getting a penny of the quality work they are doing when the programmers working on the game have been apparently doing jack sh*t to make the game better is a disgrace.

So I use a fair number of mods. The thing I think most needs fixing in the game is the siege AI. If there is a mod that fixes that I would get that in 2 seconds. The Devs of this game are clearly expecting / using the modders to make their game better. They should purchase the mods that make the game better and incorporate them into the game, that way the game would be better and those mostly responsible for making it better would get some payment for their work. That is the right thing to do and the fact that as far as I know the modders aren't getting a penny of the quality work they are doing when the programmers working on the game have been apparently doing jack sh*t to make the game better is a disgrace.
They are working on the siege AI... indeed, if it was so easy to fix a modder would have done it by now. They're not expecting modders to fix it, it's just taking time because it's a complex issue.

Some modders receive monetary support from people using their mods. For example the Bannerlord Online modders receive a pretty hefty amount through patreon and what not. You make a great mod, you get paid, simple as that

They are working on the siege AI... indeed, if it was so easy to fix a modder would have done it by now. They're not expecting modders to fix it, it's just taking time because it's a complex issue.

Some modders receive monetary support from people using their mods. For example the Bannerlord Online modders receive a pretty hefty amount through patreon and what not. You make a great mod, you get paid, simple as that
what a joke, it shouldn't be up to the people who ALREADY paid full price for the game to pay more money to the modders to make it better it should be up to Failworlds to pay them and its not you make a great mode you get paid, it depends on the people paying for the mods as to who is getting paid.

They had siege working pretty well earlier on and then broke it badly, how hard is it to redo the code to what it was? Complex issue or laziness.

Back
Top Bottom