Serious Question

Users who are viewing this thread

I strongly believe the official forum for a game should be for the people who play and enjoy it - not the people who hate it.

As a kind of generalised response to this and your other posts, I think you are way way way overreacting to the impact these forums have on the success of the game, and on the impressions of new players, and what taleworlds decides to do. Only a tiny proportion of players browse the official forums of a game enough to even see threads like this. Since steam forums and the workshop / nexus were invented, there is even less reason for people to come here.

I also find it strange that you are placing the burden of action on the mass of disorganised posters here rather than taleworlds as a company. If a group comprised of random individuals is doing something detrimental to an organisation, the burden should be on the actual organised actors (i.e. the company and moderators) to fix it. I'm not saying people like younnes and America'sMostBlunted
220px-Madvillainy_cover.png
have no agency or are incapable of being detrimental to the game, but blaming them for the truly infinitesimal impact they have is like blaming a butterfly for a hurricane.

Tone policing people's complaints is just derailing, and posters like you ruin practically every thread by making it more about criticising people's posting styles rather than their actual arguments.

Taleworlds doesn't need you to defend them online. The game isn't going to vanish or die because people on the forums are being rude about the game. What will kill it, however, is the current development trajectory.

Last edited:
The people who post on here and official forums giving feedback are a loud minority of passionate people. If TaleWords took feedback seriously they would have done so when the beta happened.

Hard to blame the angry people who waited almost a decade for a half baked experience. luckily for them SP exists. It’s always been their focus and money maker.

Basically what @Kentucky James VII said.

Last edited:
I'm not part of any clan and I just stopped playing the game month ago and wait for substantial big MP patch if it ever comes or more likely mods that will actually make Bannerlord into what people expected and more. Right now the game is in sorry state.

I'm not part of any clan
Me neither and I'm pretty worried I wont be able to even try out the new servers coming with 1.5 as you'll need 2 groups of 6... there aren't enough people in na for that to happen often, I'll be in tdm begging trolls to join me just so I can give it a single go and then probably never touch it again as custom servers would be so much better

You know what. I'm done. This community has sucked out any enjoyment I had for this game. I left the forum last night feeling angry and realised 'what's the point'? I cant even login in and play the game I enjoy without just feeling furious at how utterly ruined this community is.... and I just don't care anymore. The 'player' base on here has totally ruined the game for someone who actually enjoyed it. The official game forum has literally driven away someone who actually loved the title. What a ****ing joke. So well done everyone. You got what you wanted. You destroyed all excitement, positivity and enjoyment I took from mount & blade... you achieved your goal. Look at my pointless ****ing signature - how ****ing childish am I?

Im just done. Congratulations you win. I hope I can enjoy the game again one day; but I'm done with this forum.
Finally some good news

You know what. I'm done. This community has sucked out any enjoyment I had for this game. I left the forum last night feeling angry and realised 'what's the point'? I cant even login in and play the game I enjoy without just feeling furious at how utterly ruined this community is.... and I just don't care anymore. The 'player' base on here has totally ruined the game for someone who actually enjoyed it. The official game forum has literally driven away someone who actually loved the title. What a ****ing joke. So well done everyone. You got what you wanted. You destroyed all excitement, positivity and enjoyment I took from mount & blade... you achieved your goal. Look at my pointless ****ing signature - how ****ing childish am I?

Im just done. Congratulations you win. I hope I can enjoy the game again one day; but I'm done with this forum.

Eventually you’ll realize that people are allowed to be upset about things.Nearly every change coming has been something the community has asked for, so obviously the devs feel that some of the things we are saying are correct.

Rome2 is a great example of what’s happening here. The game was terrible on launch. The fans made it EXTREMELY clear that they wernt happy. Fast forward 7 years and it’s one of the most sold and most praised total wars, with a thriving modding community and, most importantly, pretty much every feature that was asked for all the way back in 2012. Does Rome2 have family trees right now if we didn’t ask for family trees for 5 years? Probably not.

Eventually you’ll realize that people are allowed to be upset about things.Nearly every change coming has been something the community has asked for, so obviously the devs feel that some of the things we are saying are correct.

Rome2 is a great example of what’s happening here. The game was terrible on launch. The fans made it EXTREMELY clear that they wernt happy. Fast forward 7 years and it’s one of the most sold and most praised total wars, with a thriving modding community and, most importantly, pretty much every feature that was asked for all the way back in 2012. Does Rome2 have family trees right now if we didn’t ask for family trees for 5 years? Probably not.
I am still waiting for what they promised when they showed the battle of carthage!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jokes aside, this is a great example of how vocal criticism can make a game good. (I still think rome II has flaws, especially in battles, but it came back from really far). The same goes for No Man's Sky.

And then, you have example of games where the community let the devs do their thing on their side: Cubeworld. Now this game ended up as a scam to grab easy cash.

I am still waiting for what they promised when they showed the battle of carthage!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jokes aside, this is a great example of how vocal criticism can make a game good. (I still think rome II has flaws, especially in battles, but it came back from really far). The same goes for No Man's Sky.

And then, you have example of games where the community let the devs do their thing on their side: Cubeworld. Now this game ended up as a scam to grab easy cash.
God cube world, i feel like it could have been one of those small games with overwhelming positive reviews

lol imagine letting other people ruin your enjoyment of a game, like seriously whats wrong with you that some posts on a forum even impact that wtf.

@AxiosXiphos
you are a valuable member of our community that has a lot of good opinions about the game.
Especially the last few weeks things have been feeling more emotionally charged and you have been taking a lot of that on yourself by confronting people who are frustrated. There is no way one person, not even Callum could ever try to comfort everyone into feeling at peace with where this game is. There are just too many overly passionate people on here to be the difference and the way you try to help others tends to come off a little condescending.
I hope to see you here In the future and maybe see you in a game if I'm lucky

I keep coming back to MP and then hating it after a few rounds. I really, really, really want this game to be good, but Taleworlds doesn't seem to share my dream.

Fortunately I'm enjoying a single player campaign again after months by using mods. And I think mods can save MP too.

But right now I'm not recommending this game to anyone. I don't want them losing all interest before the mods make the game good.

Back
Top Bottom