[Serious] Here is why Bannerlord is not going to be released in the near future.

Users who are viewing this thread

HereIsWhy

Recruit
I heard it from Armagan Yavuz himself during his talk in 1st December 2017. I hope admins won't delete this.

During his talk Armagan talked and gave advice to new game developers. One of his frequently repeated advices was to make your games bug free.
Armagan was asked the question why their game is not yet finished. His response was rather concerning for a close release.
He said(I am not certain on numbers) :"We have not finished the scenes for fiefs yet. We have done only 10-15 percent of them and we still have 100something to finish.Making these scenes and making sure they are bug free takes a lot of time. In Warband these were not a problem."

Someone asked what would be probabilities of a multi-player only release and he said "We are definitely thinking of a multi-player only release for beta early access" But from what understood from Armagan is that they want to release the game in full version. I think in their mind if they release only multi-player it would kill the game.
--
My opinion:
So as you can see the mechanics of the game is there. There are still a few bugs here and there about game play. But they do not have most of the scenes and it takes a lot of time. With their attention to details and perfectionism it will take a lot of time to finish these scenes. While finishing the scenes tho they keep adding features to the game and the engine. So they are not just sitting waiting for the game to finish.
--
Later on his talk he was asked what he would add to the game(Bannerlord) that they have not done yet.
His response " I think our biggest expansion is going to be naval combat and later if we can make is the co-op. But these will come out after the game is released"
So I can give you this good news that they are considering a naval game play too.

Take this post seriously or not. It is your choice.

I know that TW isnt ''not releasing'' because they want a perfect game but simply because they still have stuff to do.

At this point as their core community we shouldnt put any pressure on them and maybe even just forget about the game until they confirm its release date.Because if we put too much pressure on them they may rush the game unintensionally and we will end up with a ''rushed game'' after 7 years.

KhergitLancer80 said:
Because if we put too much pressure on them they may rush the game unintensionally and we will end up with a ''rushed game'' after 7 years.

I'm past the point of thinking thay are likely to give in to pressure.

Let's just say that they have set their standard with Warband. Warband has a 97% positive rating. If you think they will release this game as others are under "Early Access" it will be near completion. They are not making this game for money. They are making this game for us to enjoy. Hell, look at other games... They get released and die after couple months to a year. Warband still has a lot of players playing and it was released in 2010.

HereIsWhy said:
I heard it from Armagan Yavuz himself during his talk in 1st December 2017. I hope admins won't delete this.

During his talk Armagan talked and gave advice to new game developers. One of his frequently repeated advices was to make your games bug free.
Armagan was asked the question why their game is not yet finished. His response was rather concerning for a close release.
He said(I am not certain on numbers) :"We have not finished the scenes for fiefs yet. We have done only 10-15 percent of them and we still have 100something to finish.Making these scenes and making sure they are bug free takes a lot of time. In Warband these were not a problem."

Someone asked what would be probabilities of a multi-player only release and he said "We are definitely thinking of a multi-player only release for beta early access" But from what understood from Armagan is that they want to release the game in full version. I think in their mind if they release only multi-player it would kill the game.
--
My opinion:
So as you can see the mechanics of the game is there. There are still a few bugs here and there about game play. But they do not have most of the scenes and it takes a lot of time. With their attention to details and perfectionism it will take a lot of time to finish these scenes. While finishing the scenes tho they keep adding features to the game and the engine. So they are not just sitting waiting for the game to finish.
--
Later on his talk he was asked what he would add to the game(Bannerlord) that they have not done yet.
His response " I think our biggest expansion is going to be naval combat and later if we can make is the co-op. But these will come out after the game is released"
So I can give you this good news that they are considering a naval game play too.

Take this post seriously or not. It is your choice.

Presumably you are referring to this talk/event
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/armagan-yavuz-taleworlds-turkiyede-aaa-oyun-gelistiriciligi-8-tickets-39766833670

I haven’t seen a transcript for it anywhere.

PS click view details for the location and Turkish description (just TW backstory).

At the end of this interview (3 months ago) https://www.gamereactor.eu/grtv/338823/Mount+Blade+II+Bannerlord+Armagan+Yavuz+Interview/
4.30 minutes in - Armagan confirmed multiplayer was almost done & might be opened up for a beta but other modes still needed work.

Yea... I can see that to be true. And it makes sense, the scenary will be affected by the game engine, textures, physics... they might want to have all these parts done before building scenes. And the multiplayer beeing done makes even more sense. Their combat system is obviously nearly done, and multiplayer will not have quests and political mechanics, and less complex scenes.

KhergitLancer80 said:
I believe that it would hurt bannerlord to make an early Access for its multiplayer.
Cant say why but I feel like that.

PUBG was in EA and it has literally millions of people playing it. And there are other titles also.

578 said:
KhergitLancer80 said:
I believe that it would hurt bannerlord to make an early Access for its multiplayer.

PUBG was in EA and it has literally millions of people playing it. And there are other titles also.
PUBG is also a buggy glitchy mess that crashes pretty often. They aren’t fooling me with that 1.0 release. That game is fun but it has no quality control

KhergitLancer80 said:

I think it would depend a lot on how long it took between the beta release and the full release. Whether it's multiplayer only or with singleplayer vs AI battles too, you wouldn't want it to go on too long or people would start demanding more content (maps, factions, weapons), and then the whole thing might spiral out of control and delay the full release even further.

My biggest concern is that if everyone buys bannerlord beta access, then what incentive would they have to finish the game?

Now i kinda hope that they take their time, and take as long as they need. The last thing i want is for this game to turn out like Dayz.

Minecraft, Starbound, rimworld, and countless others are alright games, but past the peak of their sales updates began to trickle down. They are finished games but by no means did they reach their full potential. Who could blame them tho because with a small development team, early access is the only way you can get the money to even work on the game. But if you ever play those games, they are so mod heavy because the community ends up taking on the challenge of actually improving the game beyond what bear bones the development team was able to get away with.

I don't know if i want them to release the multiplayer before single player.

wormydowg said:
My biggest concern is that if everyone buys bannerlord beta access, then what incentive would they have to finish the game?

TaleWorlds wouldn't drop the game because of this. They would never drop the game. They've been developing the game for more than 5 years. They wouldn't want people to **** on the game just because it's a beta version.

They'll never release this game as a demo or early version of it to the public, at least that's I think what taleworlds would do as this is their baby.

I think early access would hurt, but not like it did for other games. M&B has a very dedicated fanbase. Theyd be much more willing to return time after time if the game was not up to par to begin with. New players however would be an issue.

I dont think a multiplayer only beta would affect it much at all, be it new players or old. Once they release the SP part, people would go nuts for it. This being said, i would be ok with some form of EA beta for multiplayer only. A full EA release might cause issues. And to be fair, TW does not seem like the type of company to drop a game.

If it were to release and people didnt like it, Armagan would go crazy pulling whats left of his hair out trying to make it perfect. There are pros and cons to this perfectionist. We wait, but we have a better game.

I don't think this story is believable enough, because creating scenes is a straight forward task to professional sceners. There's no decision making or complex coding that may break the game. If TW is really stuck with scenes and Bannerlord is getting delayed because of that, I would say they're really amateur!

Rabies said:
KhergitLancer80 said:

I think it would depend a lot on how long it took between the beta release and the full release. Whether it's multiplayer only or with singleplayer vs AI battles too, you wouldn't want it to go on too long or people would start demanding more content (maps, factions, weapons), and thscenesen the whole thing might spiral out of control and delay the full release even further.

I agree, I think people would just become bored after playing a limited set of maps. Warband is still fun today because the huge level freedom it offers - a limited beta would be the exact opposite of that.

If scenes are the big reason why the game is still in heavy development, I can understand why. Taleworlds said awhile back that each city would have three defensive fortification levels. I'm not sure if this applies to towns as well, but I imagine it's a lot of work making three bug-free sets of scenes for each city. Combined with the fortification destruction feature hinted in a previous dev blog, that is a lot of potential bugs to work out.

Back
Top Bottom