[Serious] Here is why Bannerlord is not going to be released in the near future.

Users who are viewing this thread

1. Primarily game and DLC sales.
2. They noted repeatedly that their concern is with making a good game first, profits second - and that they are in no financial troubles. A better reason for some form of EA is player testing and feedback.

Early Access is only useful if the game is "complete" enough to be fully playable.  If some of the major graphical assets and settings (towns, villages) are incomplete or still entirely missing (sorry, but you can't go there, even though it's under attack by the enemy), it's not going to be well received, and therefore counter-productive.  It's also been claimed that some villages or towns are still not done, so that could be the sticking point.
That assumes full public access (which your concerns are correct on). However, they could also do a closed beta (first) and test specific parts of the game and engine. That would hopefully also allow for a pretty organized and indepth interaction with testers.

AlexHBK said:
I have only two questions:

1) Who is financing Bannerlord? It is very suspicious that the game is being developed for so long and it has not been canceled due to problems with the issuance of salaries to employees, and this salary should be somewhere to get.

2) Isn't it profitable for developers to add the game to early access now? This would solve many financial problems and at the same time the developers received feedback in the form of opinions of players.

Some say that they receive government subside for development companies in Turkey. I can't confirm this, but if you speak turkish and if Turkey has some kind of "transparency portal" website, you're able to investigate.

Thanks for the reply. I sincerely wish success to this project and did not want it to fail because of such problems. Given that in the foreseeable future is unlikely to be a worthy analogue it will be extremely sad if this game will happen something bad.

The subsidies are likely to help finance and encourage the hiring of interns. Nothing more. Taleworlds has in the past hired plenty of college students and they likely still do (their office is on a college campus).

I’d guess the goal of the subsidies is to grow the video game development market in Turkey. Game development companies need experienced workers and this is one way to grow that pool of workers.

I think if childrens was add two weeks ago, TW dont chave back mechanic so TW can do only anime and graphic but if we get many screenshots with good graphoic and mechanic and TW workers are writing  they play M&M:B. I think TW have only fight mechanic and some graphic but few game engine now. But to MP we need game menu, weapons and working horses so we need animals but TW are working about anim animals. And I forgot about maps while TW have. So we must wait for animals.

lithin said:
I think if childrens was add two weeks ago, TW dont chave back mechanic so TW can do only anime and graphic but if we get many screenshots with good graphoic and mechanic and TW workers are writing  they play M&M:B. I think TW have only fight mechanic and some graphic but few game engine now. But to MP we need game menu, weapons and working horses so we need animals but TW are working about anim animals. And I forgot about maps while TW have. So we must wait for animals.
You obviously have not read anything about Bannerlord.  Do so now and quit posting until you're finished.  It's so hard to take you seriously.

Honestly I don't understand this worries. The fewest here do have any skin in the game.

If they (TW) fail, the heritage stays awesome with warband and its mods ( of which many are still worked on and even the occasional new one pops up)

If they succeed , well then I shall have a game that I trust will provide me with leisure time for the next 13 years unless something other replaces it.

The only thing I know is that they work on something that once eventually launched is going to please me and enrich my personal gaming experience, in a low delta eventually even brings up me lazy ass to get into modding.

For me Bannerlord is all about exulting and rejoicing  :party: -  whenever it happens.

Comment from TW channel said:
Coming soon™ Mack, just give us a little more time! And thanks for the kind words, it means a lot coming from a brutally honest reviewer like yourself. We hope the game will live up to your expectations! Oh, and just to clear up your concerns about directional shield blocking, it works in the same way as the weapon blocking does (4 directions).

Let's see how long that "a little more time" is.

Back
Top Bottom