Version number
e1.5.3.245057
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

PogNog

Recruit
I tried making a game where I just try to run a bunch of caravans to make lots of money, but I've run into loads of odd issues with the most annoying one being that when I disband a caravan to level up the companion that was leading the caravan (because for some reason you can't pick companion perks unless they're in your party so you have to throw the entire caravan away and waste all your investment to pick their perks) then after taking them back into my party to add to their trading/scouting perks and trying to start a new caravan with them the companion stays in my party and the caravan that doesn't exist starts making small income (+18 a day).

But after starting this new caravan that never spawned all of my other caravans that were costing me over 300 a day in party wages all started making nearly 1000 a day every single day until my game crashed.

What caused my game to crash was when I tried to start a caravan that worked with the companion that was still stuck in my party after trying to start a caravan and it crashed right at the companion select dialog when trying to start a caravan in a town.

EDIT: After loading into the save that crashed it looks like the caravan actually was formed and after going to disband it to get it to form properly it duplicated my companion. I now have 2 of Oros the Scholar

EDIT EDIT: after talking to the companion in my party the dialog to take them back into my party popped up and now I have 3 of the same companion

EDIT EDIT EDIT: It also happens if you just start a party with your companion and disband them, it lets them join you twice, duplicating them without adding extra wages or food consumption I now have an army of 200 battle scholars all in the finest gear money can buy

Last edited:
I figured out the most basic way to get companions to duplicate so I'll send a video on how its happening. When I disbanded the caravan I must have done this without realizing it and duplicated my companion which caused the game to crash when I tried to start a second caravan with the same companion.

Last edited:
I have been informed that this issue is fixed on our development branch and the fix will be implemented with the upcoming patches. Thanks for reporting!

Back
Top Bottom