Serial Key Activation/Reset

Users who are viewing this thread

jmstallard

Recruit
I created my multiplayer profile, entered my serial key, then tried to join a game. Very quickly, right after clicking Join, a message says "validating serial key..." and then I get a popup message that says I can't connect. I'm assuming this is because a) I entered the wrong serial key, or b) I added spaces and I shouldn't have. However, I can't test it because I have no idea how to edit, or reset, my serial key.

Any ideas?

Edit: Looks like the activation keys weren't initially activated. As soon as someone confirms they're operational, I'll test to see if the connection problem still exists.

Start registry editor (Start - Run - regedit)
Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MountAndBladeWarbandKeys and look for napoleonic wars serial
Delete it and you will need to enter it next time you run the game.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MountAndBladeWarbandKeys is the path for Warband; Napoleaonic Wars serial key shoud also be somewhere there.

I just found an old topic that refers to the registry fix, but it said to reinstall the game afterward. I'm hoping to avoid that. I'll try your instructions and post the result.

Assuming the spaces are causing the problem, it's downright unprofessional to NOT inform your users that, in this CRITICAL step you're about to take, the information you enter will be in a different format than that in which you receive it.

In another thread, a dev mentioned that serial keys aren't activated yet, so a registry edit may not be necessary.

I checked it from the regedit, but in there my serial_key_nw did not have any numbers nor letters behiend it. Eh? I also checked the CD keys at Steam game library, but it only showed the vanilla one. And no, I did not buy the collection.

Back
Top Bottom