Sergeant should not grant +5% movement speed in Two Handed Sword perk in patch 1.7.2.

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't know why NIN3 want to buff the perk,maybe it is because the pick rate of this perk is low.I do agree about buffing it in skirmish mode.But i have to say,after buffed,this perk will make vlandia even more op in TDM and siege mode.
If i pick better armor and two handed sword perk at the same time,it means i can get 55 armor and a long,fast,maneuverable and a high damage 2 handed sword and a good shield and a long sword which will be buffed too.Also,with +5% movement speed, I have 84 movement speed in total.It means I have the best armor,fastest movement speed and a full set of weapons at a same time,but only cost me 150$ in casual mode.Don't forget vlandia still have cheap peasant and looter perk,it will be still easy to earn 150$.

Imagine you are playing sergeant after 1.7.2 patch is released:
1.When facing peasant,it easy to kill them in 1 hit with 2 handed sword,also most of the peasants'weapons can't make enough damage on you,you are unstoppable.
2.When facing 2 hand inf,you run faster in combat(most 2 hand inf only get +5\7% maximum movement speed,which means this perk doesn't when you are in fight).Although it is hurt when they hit you, you can still easily control the distance to avoid getting hit and kill them with your faster and longer 2h sword.
3.When facing other heavy inf,if they pick better armor,you have the advantage because they can only use 1 handed sword but you get the 2 handed one;if they use axe and mace,which means they have lower armor than you,you still can product same or higher damage with the 2 handed sword.Also remember that you have the same or better movement speed and best armor.
4.When facing ranged weapons,you have the shield.
5.When facing cav,you have the shield and long 2 handed sword which can stab and stop the horse.

So,this buff will make sergeant totally almighty in TDM and siege.Imagine what players will do? Just all vlandia players use the sergeant and they will be unstoppable in TDM and siege,they are anti-everything.This reminds me of old version when all 2 hand inf were cheap,fast running and high damage,every just use 2 hand inf and game became...it didn't boring actually,because every faction was usable.BUT NOW,only vlandia will get the best and overpowered class,what will the game played liked?Every round with vlandia?Or even worse,someone vote the weakest faction but play vlandia again and again?Many of the changes looks good in the 1.7.2 patch on paper,but I still really hope TW could think twice before buffing two handed sword perk of the sergeant in TDM AND SIEGE.

I would rather they remove the movement speed bonus altogether, it is so much of an advantage that you have to pick it or be surrounded by other faster infantry that did pick the movement bonus.

Also you run slower with a 2-handed weapon so I personally will just pick this perk just to drop the 2-handed weapon (if the 2-handed weapon does not rear a horse then I find no function in the weapon besides being able to break shields quicker but that is not worth the vulnerability to archer fire).

With the new MP developer I hope he can remove these terrible game breaking perk combat modifiers (my opinion) so that half a battle does not include looking for a spear/better weapon. I think when clan battle matchmaking becomes available we will see how broken this system is with entire lines switching weapons for a more efficient build. (heavy cavalry mounting light cavalry's faster horses but keeping their longer lances; crossbowmen dropping their range weapons to the fastest class so they can skirmish but still run away properly without getting caught.)

I think when clan battle matchmaking becomes available we will see how broken this system is with entire lines switching weapons for a more efficient build. (heavy cavalry mounting light cavalry's faster horses but keeping their longer lances; crossbowmen dropping their range weapons to the fastest class so they can skirmish but still run away properly without getting caught.)

Light cav is easily countered by one archer with hunter perk so you actually need armored horses if you are risking wasting 200 gold for a lance and xbows are only strong in massive battles, in 6v6 its too slow to make an impact.

Kiting as a team is way more diffucult with enemy cav roaming and cutting you off than running away from pubs in battle so it only works if your team is better cordinated.

Last edited:
I don't know why NIN3 want to buff the perk,maybe it is because the pick rate of this perk is low.I do agree about buffing it in skirmish mode.But i have to say,after buffed,this perk will make vlandia even more op in TDM and siege mode.
If i pick better armor and two handed sword perk at the same time,it means i can get 55 armor and a long,fast,maneuverable and a high damage 2 handed sword and a good shield and a long sword which will be buffed too.Also,with +5% movement speed, I have 84 movement speed in total.It means I have the best armor,fastest movement speed and a full set of weapons at a same time,but only cost me 150$ in casual mode.Don't forget vlandia still have cheap peasant and looter perk,it will be still easy to earn 150$.

Imagine you are playing sergeant after 1.7.2 patch is released:
1.When facing peasant,it easy to kill them in 1 hit with 2 handed sword,also most of the peasants'weapons can't make enough damage on you,you are unstoppable.
2.When facing 2 hand inf,you run faster in combat(most 2 hand inf only get +5\7% maximum movement speed,which means this perk doesn't when you are in fight).Although it is hurt when they hit you, you can still easily control the distance to avoid getting hit and kill them with your faster and longer 2h sword.
3.When facing other heavy inf,if they pick better armor,you have the advantage because they can only use 1 handed sword but you get the 2 handed one;if they use axe and mace,which means they have lower armor than you,you still can product same or higher damage with the 2 handed sword.Also remember that you have the same or better movement speed and best armor.
4.When facing ranged weapons,you have the shield.
5.When facing cav,you have the shield and long 2 handed sword which can stab and stop the horse.

So,this buff will make sergeant totally almighty in TDM and siege.Imagine what players will do? Just all vlandia players use the sergeant and they will be unstoppable in TDM and siege,they are anti-everything.This reminds me of old version when all 2 hand inf were cheap,fast running and high damage,every just use 2 hand inf and game became...it didn't boring actually,because every faction was usable.BUT NOW,only vlandia will get the best and overpowered class,what will the game played liked?Every round with vlandia?Or even worse,someone vote the weakest faction but play vlandia again and again?Many of the changes looks good in the 1.7.2 patch on paper,but I still really hope TW could think twice before buffing two handed sword perk of the sergeant in TDM AND SIEGE.
I agree %100 with all you just said. Vlandians have too much armor for sergeant and knight while costing same with other heavy infantry and cavalry. A very big game breaker issue, and it seems they have ignored this in this patch also.

I agree %100 with all you just said. Vlandians have too much armor for sergeant and knight while costing same with other heavy infantry and cavalry. A very big game breaker issue, and it seems they have ignored this in this patch also.
Considering that the Peasant Levy also has the Looter perk wich in a way makes the seargant even cheaper.

Considering that the Peasant Levy also has the Looter perk wich in a way makes the seargant even cheaper.
Looter perk is impactful but what really makes the difference that Vlandia is so annoying is that the peasant is 80(?) gold. Meaning that everytime you spawn you get 20 extra gold which is massive on the scale of TDM/Siege meaning that the amount of low class is way lower than other factions

Now people still vote vlandia in siege and tdm again and again,2 hand perk with 5% movement speed makes pro player farm more and more easier,still few people willing to play against vlandia.plz nerf sergeant.

I don't understand why vlandia gets all the good stuff together?
If they get good heavy inf, they should have **** ranged and cavalry.
But they have the best for all of them, which makes no sense.

2H swords have never, ever, been capable of rearing horses. Not in any patch, period. You're remembering it wrong.
I may be thought wrong but stabbing an oncoming horse with gs used to be effective. It might just be the change in reflective damage for mounts that makes it not worth doing anymore.

Back
Top Bottom