Separate outfits for combat & civilian situations

Users who are viewing this thread

Scarf Ace

Sergeant Knight at Arms
If there's one thing I've always found silly in M&B, it's walking into a tavern in full combat readiness, with my helmet and my full armor and all my weapons strapped to my back. It then gets even weirder as Mr. Belligerent Drunk decides to have a go at the guy with the Great Winged Helmet and a voulge.
Or think of when you enter a settlement to buy more butter, and nobody bats an eyelid at the fact that you and your horse are covered in metal, especially when the local government/populace might not trust you much.

You can of course manually change your equipment, but that's tedious.
So my proposal is simple. For immersion and challenge's sake, why not let the player choose two loadouts: One for prepared combat with the full selection of weapons and armor, and one for civilian situations where it would be silly to be lugging all that stuff around. You wouldn't be allowed to have any armor in your civilian outfit, and the type of weapons you could carry would be limited to 1 handed (and perhaps hand and a half) weapons, and shields would be limited to bucklers.

I think it would be an improvement.

Interesting idea, till you get ambushed by some assassins while getting something to drink in a tavern. :wink:

It might not be too hard to implement with some adjustments to the code, which makes lords wear armour only in battle.

I like the idea. It does seem more general-purpose clothing has been added, looking at recent screenshots in the dev blogs, so hopefully this is simple enough to implement.

Scarf Ace said:
If there's one thing I've always found silly in M&B, it's walking into a tavern in full combat readiness, with my helmet and my full armor and all my weapons strapped to my back. It then gets even weirder as Mr. Belligerent Drunk decides to have a go at the guy with the Great Winged Helmet and a voulge.
Or think of when you enter a settlement to buy more butter, and nobody bats an eyelid at the fact that you and your horse are covered in metal, especially when the local government/populace might not trust you much.
It's even sillier when you go to a lord's hall, perhaps even during a feast, everyone there's dressed in their finest (civilian) garment, while you barge in fully clad in armour, with all your weapons. I mean, hey, at least the guards could attack you if you draw your weapons there, shouldn't they?

Back
Top Bottom