Sending out recruiters

Users who are viewing this thread

SpaceOdin

Recruit
Hi I recently downloaded your mod and have managed to take a few towns, I've been running around grabing troops from all over the place to fill up the 2 cities I'm keeping for myself.  I've read on here that there should be an option to send out a recruiter to handle this sort of thing for me but non of the 3 ministers I hired have the option to do this.

Has this been removed in the most recent release?

I did make one of my companions my minister, is he supposed to give to command to send out recruiters?  I was under the impression the command came from one of the 3 you hire for different aspects of management.

In any event I can not for the life of me find the command on any of the 4 people in my court its getting frustrating to run around recruiting thousands of troops

I am two revisions back from current and that feature does not exist anymore, but even when it did those guys almost never come back. It was a total waste of money.

He didn't "switched" it off, it was broken/bugged a few revisions back and since he plans to overhaul the way to recruit soldiers, he hasn't fixed the recruiters yet.

Othienka said:
Well, if you send them to recruit, then talk to them "waiting" outside, they do recruit if you tell them to choose from any/near fiefs.

@Othienka
So you're saying, as of now (rev56) recruiters actually do recruit (i.e. not buggy) ?

Nope, they stay waiting in the field/map unless you change their orders to recruiting anything available. They don't do anything if you send them through the chancellor.

Edit: Although I don't know about rev56  :???:

Yes I noticed they have a 'menu' when you talk to them in the field. Now it's a long way to start my own kingdom in this rev but will try ASAP. Thanks

You send a recruiter from the Constable (speak to him about training and recruiting troops). That's a Diplomacy feature folded into 1257 Anno Domini, and it works fine for me, though since the recruiters only visit villages you only get troops of those types - you'll need to recruit from towns and castles yourself.

I did that (through constable or chancellor can't remember now) but it was *not* recruiting. this was in rev 49 or 51, now on rev 56 I will test again ASAP..

the recruiters are buggy since drthomas add the new factions to the mod (rev 37 i think) in rev 36 they was working fine.
it seems for me (i know nothing about modding) drthomas don't adjust diplomacy settings to the new cultures so i take a look into the diplomacy board and found this:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,117475.0.html

Maybe it helps.Its the best warband mod in my opinion but its annoying to run from village to village to recruit enough troops for towns/castles.
btw im playing the newest rev and i cant send any recruiters when i talking to the constable...

sorry for my bad english.  :oops:

Is there any way to turn this back on? Even if it is a bit buggy. Its really being a game killer for me now, just not willing to put in hours of running around to get troops to put in towns and castles.

JohnT said:
Yes I noticed they have a 'menu' when you talk to them in the field. Now it's a long way to start my own kingdom in this rev but will try ASAP. Thanks
Tested this. There is no such option I know it was there in one of the earlier revisions I've used it, now it does not appear in rev57.

Kentaurus said:
Is there any way to turn this back on? Even if it is a bit buggy. Its really being a game killer for me now, just not willing to put in hours of running around to get troops to put in towns and castles.
This was game killing for me too, the workaround I have is improving relations with a town and a few villages. This way, next time you recruit from that regional centre, rather than 3-4 troops, you can enlist 20-30 (up to 45) troops at one go. With this method, recruitment pain is manageable now.

To improve relations with towns either pay 1k denars to Tavern Keeper to buy everyone drinks or win tournaments.
To improve relations with villages one can do village elder quests and clean manors&village from infecting bandits.

Garrisons grow slowly over time. Recruiters in other Diplomacy using mods can be annoying. The player faction is an option for recruiting, but choose that with the Constable, the recruit just site waiting. Instead, you can to choose some other faction whose troops are of the same type as your own faction when you talk to the waiting recruiter.

Kentaurus said:

No. Play with lance recruitment.

Back
Top Bottom