Selling Crafted Weapons

Users who are viewing this thread

I haven't played recently so I don't know what the current gear prices are. Are premade weapons still absurdly expensive in the shops? It would be pretty annoying if a premade pack of javelins still sells for 300K, but a better-quality crafted one only sells for a couple thousand. Simply nerfing the sale price of crafted weapons without addressing the super high prices of premade stuff in general seems like a really lazy solution.

They are, imo, coming in line, but there re still loads of problems:

I can pack my handcrafted 2H sword into town on my civilian outfit set up.
Weapons I make are absurdly high priced compared to other premade gear.
NPCs (whom you can get to join you) come with weaponry and horses their skills say they cannot wield- and that cost... a lot. (Destriers and Pure Bloods come to mind).

etc...

Hi All,

Since the latest patch, selling crafted weapons is pants.

I used to be able to sell a two handed sword for £20k+, now even a level 5 sword is selling for £2k and a level 1 javelin goes for £1k! I've spent a lot of time levelling my Smithing and it now seems wasted.

Has anyone else encountered this since the latest update?
we dont talk about that cause we dont want it to get nerfed

Early/mid game income relies mostly on battle loot but mid/late game when You have a fief or two and You upgrade them and defend till they get better You can rely on taxes. I have Caleus castle with villages bringing me about 1k in total and 2 workshops that give around 600. With 100 man army and 60 man garrison I'm on plus. Of course this needs a little management and not upgrading every troop to T6. Basically Your troops are the biggest money sink so if You keep their tiers under control and rely mostly on medium troops You can easily earn money without fighting and after a lot of fights I think that t6 army doesn't make much difference. If You play Your battles well medium tier troops can win easily without heavy looses and they are easier to replace. Plus if You don't upgrade them they keep experience and it's easier to replace lost t6 units. I'm basically keeping army composition at 10% T6 - 10% T5 - 20% T4 - 40% T3 - 20% T1 and T2 (always trying to go to T2 and not keeping recruits).

I'm playing 1.5.6 and two handed war razor still cost 70-100k, but with one-two handed handle it cost 3k. It's would be better if they down costs of two handed weapons 20 times and increase smithing xp in the same value, but smithing didn't have any changes from april and it's still random bull****.

Back
Top Bottom