SP - UI Selecting dialogue options an town options with numbers

Users who are viewing this thread

It would be very satisfying not having to move the mouse everywhere for a while, in this case using numbers to select those options would make complaints like some on this forum obsolete

There is a mod that does that, shouldn't be too hard to implement if approved. Maybe also add arrow keys and enter key. This could also apply to other situations besides dialog.

@emrozdemir you could take a look at the mods being put out and get some ideas from them. :grin:
This section is specific to UI, for example (although some ui mods might not be here)

Also in each mod there is a comment section, I find it very useful to know any problems with it and some suggestions/improvements as well.

@Lusitani 5th Empire I regularly look at the mods that users are downloading. It gives me a real and objective sense of what users feel missing, or the native UI is lacking on explaining, quite clearly. @Dejan also gather a list of mods that have been downloaded that month and shares that with the teams. I find that list really valuable.

And I think it shows, from a first glance, we've addressed some of the issues that these mods are fixing or implemented a feature in similar way. Fast dialog(map conversations), Settlement Icons, Persistent Lock, Equipment in Encyclopedia, Hotkeys, Reset Map Rotation etc. And we have more features in the works that will address more of these issues that players feel need fixing. So keep an eye out for that.

I hope this happens - either with the number pad, the arrow keys, or other hot keys. And for all scene or pop-up menu options, not just those in towns.

When a bug made the cursor disappear (which was quickly hotfixed) it opened my eyes that there was no other way to navigate or choose menu options. Something like this would be much appreciated.

I would love to see button navigation for dialogues and menus. Thanks @emrozdemir for your responses and being open to these suggestions :smile:
A preliminary implementation of arrow navigation in menus is in the works btw :xf-smile: Internally, it's currently in the Initial menu, Game menus, Conversations, Map bar, settlement overlay and map notifications. e.g cursor is at the center, press left to focus on the game menu, up and down to navigate, press right twice to navigate map notifications etc. It's still a work in progress and the plan is to implement it in other screens as well.

Also, no problem, I like discussions like this :xf-smile:

A preliminary implementation of arrow navigation in menus is in the works btw :xf-smile: Internally, it's currently in the Initial menu, Game menus, Conversations, Map bar, settlement overlay and map notifications. e.g cursor is at the center, press left to focus on the game menu, up and down to navigate, press right twice to navigate map notifications etc. It's still a work in progress and the plan is to implement it in other screens as well.

Also, no problem, I like discussions like this :xf-smile:

That really sounds perfect.

Back
Top Bottom