Selecting and Setting up a Gamepad

Users who are viewing this thread

Warband can be good with a controller with the proper setup. I myself am terribad at wasd so i hold the controller in my left hand for blocking, jumping, and movement. Meanwhile, my right hand is on the mouse for aiming, attacking, kicking, and switching weapons.

Ebdanian Admiral said:
Warband can be good with a controller with the proper setup. I myself am terribad at wasd so i hold the controller in my left hand for blocking, jumping, and movement. Meanwhile, my right hand is on the mouse for aiming, attacking, kicking, and switching weapons.

If you had said that you used your left hand to kick, I would have believed you...
but NOPE

valent69 said:
Ebdanian Admiral said:

If you had said that you used your left hand to kick, I would have believed you...
but NOPE

I used to use my left hand, but i eventually switched over to the middle mouse button once i rebound the couch button to the left trigger.

Phantom Lamb said:
I wanted to use a USB gamepad to play Warband; any suggestions on which to purchase and how to set it up as I have never dealt with any before?

Thanks
...Found this, but don't know if it works:...
http://pinnaclegameprofiler.com/pc-controller-support/alpha-gamepad-joystick/xbox-360-ps3-psx-etc/mount-and-blade-warband

ciauz^^,
Jab

Ugh, for the last time, I love the mouse and keyboard, this is for my dad.  He is an old guy and refuses to use the mouse and keyboard, again it's NOT FOR ME lol.  Please help me out as I'd like to play this with friends and family.

No one really knows what to recommend because this game is bad with a gamepad, no one uses it, besides maybe 1-2 people. At any rate, probably any generic game pad will work in the game, safest bet tbh is just pick up a wired xbox controller and bam, ez. (you can use wireless too, just need an adapter)

Any xbox controller will do. Mine is just a cheap rockcandy that i got at Walmart for 15$ and it still works fine. If you dont plan on using the mouse as well as the keyboard then all you need to do i plug the controller in.

You can get an xbox controller (I tried and it work) or you can get a cheap controller and download xpadder and map the controller's keys to keyboard ones (but be careful! the right thumb of a cheap controller is not very accurate).

Ebdanian Admiral said:

That is...interesting.

It is pre mapped with controls for both fighting and map movement in singleplayer.

Back
Top Bottom