Select what units to enter the field of battle...

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't agree that Inv Mgmt was just a tax skill.
It was a skill you had to get on every character, regardless of your build or playstyle. That's the definition of a tax skill: you pay no matter what. Maybe someone goofy found a way to get by with the default but for everyone else, we needed more space for food, books and alternate weapon sets.

It was a skill you had to get on every character, regardless of your build or playstyle. That's the definition of a tax skill: you pay no matter what. Maybe someone goofy found a way to get by with the default but for everyone else, we needed more space for food, books and alternate weapon sets.
You could say the same thing for Leadership and Prisoner Mgmt. Hell, even Power Strike. Not too many builds that don't rely on having at least a few points in PS. It doesn't bother me that certain skills are required in every playthrough. I'm more concerned with their effects on gameplay, and in that regard, Inv Mgmt had a much better effect on the game than the horse-based inventory in BL

You could say the same thing for Leadership and Prisoner Mgmt. Hell, even Power Strike. Not too many builds that don't rely on having at least a few points in PS. It doesn't bother me that certain skills are required in every playthrough. I'm more concerned with their effects on gameplay, and in that regard, Inv Mgmt had a much better effect on the game than the horse-based inventory in BL
I actually went without Leadership in some playthroughs (you could raise your troop limit with renown) but yes, Prisoner Management was another annoying tax skill in Warband. My dislike stems from the way (almost) every skill in BL can be used to, at end-game, to dominate in some way while in WB some were just sumps for attributes (PS, PD) or taxes on your points.

Back
Top Bottom