Seizing an opportunity

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi all,

Looking through the posts on this board, I've found some talking about starting your own kingdom but none really helped me that much so I wanted to ask for some people's input.

I have been playing this game for a while (coming close to day 1000) on a tweaked version of the Dark Age mod for VC. I started as a raiding viking before settling and joining Northymbre once I had captured Yns Manaw on my own. I then spent my time working my way from within the kingdom in a position to start my own faction and I'm finally ready but not sure how to do it.

I'm now lord of Bebbanburg, Yns Manaw, Middlesburg and Caer Ligualid. I have over 2000 men combined, including probs 750 elite infantry as well as ships for 650 men.

Northymbre is a shadow of itself. While I've helped it conquer half of England it only has 5-6 vassals that are unloyal. I can't declare independence after capturing something because I'm already losing too much revenue to tax inefficiency and I'm already refusing fiefs because a lord gets banished every other turn.

I have made friends with numerous dependable lords, and am friendly with all norse kings.

I'm trying to figure out what my best way out is without losing my fiefs which are now loyal, close to one another, well positioned and very very well garrisoned.

Any suggestions, or am I going to have to gamble it all after releasing myself from an oath and capturing everything back?

Also, I would be willing to do some save editing to skip the breaking off from liege part if there's a way to do that.

Ty

If u have good persuasion skills and good relations if u go independent prob you will be able to snatch many fiefs and lords without fighting.

Do the capture and rebel when refused thing, don't sweat the tax inefficiency. Once you're out on your own, it won't be but one or two paydays before some lord joins up that you can hand some stuff off to.

I'm really reticent going for the regular rebelling given the stupid amount of fiefs I'll have to go through before that happens. I've helped Northymbre capture almost every center between Edimburgh and Witan Caester, excluding maybe 3 cities and there aren't generally more than 5 lords at once which rotate week or so...

There isn't much left to capture that's worth the losses that won't be awarded to me if I ask for it.

Does anyone have a better way of rebelling? I'm accepting every fief to raise my "fief score" or whatever you want to call it, am marshall with pretty high controversy and my king is still giving me everything I want. I lost 149,000 gold last week to tax inefficiency and my budget has dived into the red because of it.

Getting desperate here :/

Back
Top Bottom