Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Iqubal

Recruit
Summary:
Defence seige:
at the start of the seige i divide my troops and place them carefully at the positions i want them to be on. but as soon as i click on ready they will start going somewhere else on their own and i get the notifications stating infantry and archers are moving to key position. i have tried turning off delegate command multiple times. but it just wont turn off. even if i get a notification stating that delegate command is off, as soon as i press on ready they will start moving somewhere else. please fix this because i am losing all my towns and castles because of it

offense seige
no matter how many units i carefully select and position at the start of an offence seige. as soon as i click on ready the system will generate random number of units, it will either be 6 units with random number of troops or just 2 units with mixed troops (both archers and infantry will be put in same unit) and because of this the archers will not fire their bows or move sparsely. they will take out swords and charge with infantry. i have tried to give them command of fire at will but they will just not listen and charge mindlessly. this particularly happens during the seige of OMOR. there is also a bottle neck path in omor in which all the troops get stuck. its just behind the main gate. instead of taking the wider path just beside it. they will charge from the bottleneck path and get killed

in summary your troops will just not listen to you during seiges. they will always go to where ever they want. even if delegate command is turned off. also the units you select at the start of the battle has no meaning because as soon as i click ready the system will randomly generate it.
How to Reproduce: can be replicated at the offence battle of omor. for defence bug i think you can pick any town and you will see that they start moving
Have you used cheats and if so which: once i enabled cheat mode to reset perks of main character using console commands. then i turned it off. no mods were downloded
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU:nvidia GTX 1060ti
GPU Driver Version:latest
CPU: i5 9th gen @2.4 GHz
RAM:8
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):SSD

Hey, this issue has been reported recently but our team was not able to reproduce it. Can you please share a video of this so our team can further inspect the issue?

i will try to record if i get into the situation of a defence or offence seige. let me know where i can send it.

To send us a ticket, visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here.

I second the OP, no mods installed and I get the same bug every single time.
might be worth noting that for the first 20 sieges or so I had no problem, but now, for the last 15 sieges or so I get two groups of mixed units no matter what, causing unecessary losses :/
as for the video, i don't know how to make a video, i made some screenshots i'll try to send them via the ticket system.

Last edited:
To send us a ticket, visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here.
Update : after playing again and not having the bug anymore ( for some reason ) i think i've pinpointed the problem : after playing a field battle with your army and creating control groups for cavalry and cav archers, those control groups keep exisiting in sieges with no way to remove these control groups ( even though the troops are unmounted ) causing the bug. for some reason these control groups stopped showing up in sieges today (for me).
Update 2 : after 2 sieges going as planned, the bug occured again, with no cav / cav archers control groups, so that wasn't the issue. i've reloaded the save just before starting the offensive, but this time I removed my horse before the fight ( i was commandeering my unmounted ranged troops while being on horseback myself ) and.. it seems to work, for this one siege at least, i'll try to test this again and keep you updated, high chance the bug occurs when a mounted commander leads unmounted troops. ( maybe it would even happen if a melee commander was leading ranged troops or the opposite )
Update 3 : bug occuring again whether or not i'm on horse back leading a non mounted formation. although now I have irrelevant cav and cav archers control groups forced on me in siege battles, so in the end i think the problem comes from both irrelevant control groups forced on the player AND formation leader not corresponding to the troop type, i'll leave further testing to you guys.

Last edited:
I am experiencing exactly the same problems written here. Please solve this problem on siege.
Update : after playing again and not having the bug anymore ( for some reason ) i think i've pinpointed the problem : after playing a field battle with your army and creating control groups for cavalry and cav archers, those control groups keep exisiting in sieges with no way to remove these control groups ( even though the troops are unmounted ) causing the bug. for some reason these control groups stopped showing up in sieges today (for me).
Update 2 : after 2 sieges going as planned, the bug occured again, with no cav / cav archers control groups, so that wasn't the issue. i've reloaded the save just before starting the offensive, but this time I removed my horse before the fight ( i was commandeering my unmounted ranged troops while being on horseback myself ) and.. it seems to work, for this one siege at least, i'll try to test this again and keep you updated, high chance the bug occurs when a mounted commander leads unmounted troops. ( maybe it would even happen if a melee commander was leading ranged troops or the opposite )
Update 3 : bug occuring again whether or not i'm on horse back leading a non mounted formation. although now I have irrelevant cav and cav archers control groups forced on me in siege battles, so in the end i think the problem comes from both irrelevant control groups forced on the player AND formation leader not corresponding to the troop type, i'll leave further testing to you guys

Update 3 : bug occuring again whether or not i'm on horse back leading a non mounted formation. although now I have irrelevant cav and cav archers control groups forced on me in siege battles, so in the end i think the problem comes from both irrelevant control groups forced on the player AND formation leader not corresponding to the troop type, i'll leave further testing to you guys.
Hey, can you please let me know the version of the game you have this problem? the reason our team was not able to reproduce could be that the issue was fixed with released patches.

Hi there! Are you still encountering this issue in the latest version, please let us know. Best regards!

Back
Top Bottom