Security and Loyalty improvements.

Users who are viewing this thread

This is Phycaon Security and Loyalty graph after ~20 year run test. From this graph you may see how they correlate with each other.
NSUKM.png

Thanks for this it really shows how they correlate yet are not fully dependand on each other. I really like that.

I appreciate the update, but what are these security and loyalty values going to do apart from making it more fluctuate?
Post doesn't state that the changes is ultimately changing anything apart from the value we get.
What is high loyalty going to give us compared to low loyalty? How about security?
Right now they only affect prosperity.

I appreciate the update, but what are these security and loyalty values going to do apart from making it more fluctuate?
Post doesn't state that the changes is ultimately changing anything apart from the value we get.
What is high loyalty going to give us compared to low loyalty? How about security?
Right now they only affect prosperity.
They will affect rebellions and currently they also affect taxes

no idea what im looking at ( graph wise ) but i trust its working out xD anyways great game <3 really enjoyed Warband trying to hit 1k+ hours on this. at this rate should be no problem.

It sounds all fantastic but can we get some more options in coexistence of castles/towns and villages?
The current options are very limited - I mean the castle buildings and projects.The quests are also very random so the results are very unpredictable.

How about adding some events as weddings or feasts, markets. Anything that would connect better the villages with the castle/town.
Even only a small more detailed info about resource exchange between villages and towns would be great. Food transport to castle / protect the transporters - what would result small fairgrounds events in castle... in other words some better local economy. This would all affect loyalty and security.

I know this is another topic but it should be integrated with the security and loyalty mechanic. When I check the roadmap the plans for better economy are there. Maybe it's good time to consider how it would play with security/loyalty/rebellions.

Personally I would prefer better resource oriented economy. Secure the food for lords/villagers/militia/garrison. Secure the weapons, armors, horses, wood etc... Enhance the castle stash where all this would be stored. Allow player access to food reserve store...

Last edited:
Well, if we all stay home to guard our fiefs, wars will die out. Let's not go overboard.
Right there is virtually no guarding of fiefs so when at war if anywhere near front lines your villages get burned constantly which lowers village relation big time and you lose prosperity and security, so right now there practically no guarding of fiefs so need a little more options to do it

I think one thing that hurts real bad, is when you go to war, and available lord is always looking to raid every villages it is the #1 thing on the AI's mind and that hurts your city bad, have 3 raided villages and see what it does for loyalty, prosperity and security, that annoys me a lot. so all lords either, gather groups/food, in armies or raiding villages, there is almost nothing else the AI does, atleast in Warband we could feast, they need other options of things to do

Amazing post!
Nice graphs, is the info collected using a backend system or is tracking in-game possible?

It's worth very little having these very nice and complex systems, economy simulation etc, if you don't use the UI to communicate those to the players.

There is no reason not to do that, it will not scare off anyone, but only make the game gain in popularity, as many of the playerbase would love that, and those that would deem that info presented too complex, wouldn't look at them anyways, as they already play with those systems already in place, so it would only be a winning situation.

Amazing post!
Nice graphs, is the info collected using a backend system or is tracking in-game possible?

It's worth very little having these very nice and complex systems, economy simulation etc, if you don't use the UI to communicate those to the players.

There is no reason not to do that, it will not scare off anyone, but only make the game gain in popularity, as many of the playerbase would love that, and those that would deem that info presented too complex, wouldn't look at them anyways, as they already play with those systems already in place, so it would only be a winning situation.
+1. true enough!

Amazing post!

Truth!

Amazing! Can't wait to see rebellion feature after this change. The game will be much much much more dynamic and repayable.

There will only one thing that is missing from campaign map imo, which is an update to improve relation, and interaction with other npcs.

It'd be nice if we could help out the villages too. Right now my peasants are suffering while my treasury is filled to the brim and I'm quite happy to buy them new cows or whatever but I can't.

*edit* - also if we could repopulate villages with rescued peasants that'd be fantastic too.

I have been seeing issues with the new loyalty system and rebellions taking excessive time to occur. Is that because they require a minimum amount of troops in the militia 205+?

So far i have noticed 5 rebellions in rovalt after it got taken by battania. What makes me wonder, if you are a new player and you get your first fief gifted and its in a really bad shape. how long would it take until you get it in a good spot? security should be easy, but loyalty? You get already -3 if you have a different culture. Just thinking out loud.

So far i have noticed 5 rebellions in rovalt after it got taken by battania. What makes me wonder, if you are a new player and you get your first fief gifted and its in a really bad shape. how long would it take until you get it in a good spot? security should be easy, but loyalty? You get already -3 if you have a different culture. Just thinking out loud.

I did something similar when I took a city from a just-rebelled force. I do not think it takes too much time to stabilize a city although you need to do certain things until it can stabilize itself; at which point it is easier to manage.

Drop food into the trade market immediately to reverse the huge penalty on loyalty. It takes some time until it reverses itself.
Stop any construction and use the +loyalty passive ability (when you build the passive does not apply itself until the construction is finished, this is intended)
High security affects loyalty so put some people in the garrison. Troop tier also matters here! I believe the bonus is dependent on the number of militia also so make sure to increase the garrison size.
If you have a companion of the same culture put him as governor, if you do not have one hire him. This will give +1 to loyalty. (making the -3, a -2 effectively)
Solve issues that decrease the security in the town (this includes village issues)
Try to not neglect the village issues, village hearth is important in food production, taxes etc. I think 200+ is for not having any penalty/boost so at least try to maintain that.

After reading the op I was wondering what creates the loyalty/security drift value? Is this just a random thing or do certain events trigger it, and therefore can be avoided somehow?

After reading the op I was wondering what creates the loyalty/security drift value? Is this just a random thing or do certain events trigger it, and therefore can be avoided somehow?

From my understanding, it is there to keep both security and loyalty close to 50. When you go above it, the drift is negative and when you go below it, is positive. Do not quote me on that though, I may be wrong!

What makes me wonder, if you are a new player and you get your first fief gifted and its in a really bad shape. how long would it take until you get it in a good spot? security should be easy, but loyalty?

It really depends on circumstances and the game doesn't really tell you how address low loyalty.

The best thing you can do is jam pack the garrison. That's about the one direct action a new player can take to prevent a rebellion in their fief. Calling clan parties to their army then disbanding them in the settlement, for one quick method.

It really depends on circumstances and the game doesn't really tell you how address low loyalty.

The best thing you can do is jam pack the garrison. That's about the one direct action a new player can take to prevent a rebellion in their fief. Calling clan parties to their army then disbanding them in the settlement, for one quick method.
packing garrison seems nice but not everyone got the money to do so. i see more balance issues in the near future.
besides they really need to work on a better tutorial. the game right now tells you almost nothing

Back
Top Bottom