Version number
e1.6.0
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

19Molnija85

Regular
Guys, first sorry for my Borat english i must use google translate.

Summary: Security and Loyality drift extremly decreases
How to Reproduce:
1. Have castle (Druimor castle) and town (Varcheg)
2. hundreds days in calradia - Autumn 9, 1088

I noticed, that penalty for security and loyalty increases extremely fast after hundreds of days in game. One (game) day i have Security drift on 1,62 and after two - three (game) days I have -0,80. Consequently, I can't do anything in the game other than worry about increasing security and loyalty ... and that's not much fun. It took me a very long time to get a plus with loyalty and security, and then after two or three days I was in the minus again! This game mechanism is very unbalanced.

Have you used cheats and if so which: No
Scene Name (if related): N/A
Media (Screenshots & Video): N/A
Computer Specs:
GPU: ASUS RTX 2080S ROG strix
GPU Driver Version: latest RC
CPU: i9 9900K without OC
RAM: 32GB RAM DDR4
Motherboard: ASUS ROG strix Z-390E
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): .M2

I'll give you a hint -> are there many parties of looters/raiders running around the area?
I know that typically Varcheg have lots of them in the area.

So if there is many of them that affect the security abit aswell.
You can boost security by haveing more in the garrison or have a governor with perks that boost security.

Thin out the packs of raiders and it should get abit better, but overall the most important thing is haveing a decent sized garrison + governor with the right perks.

@Zorion_no , yes I know. I eliminated 12 groups (looters, sea riders, mountain bandits) and I destroy one hidden base (sea riders) and Security Drifts increase on 0,08 point - it is crazy! After one minute security drifs decrease on 0,05 :grin: For the last twelf hours in game, I've been doing nothing but trying to stabilize the security drift.

Either there is a big bug or it is completely unbalanced! This way, the game would be nothing more than chases, sea riders, mountain bandits and other criminal groups. Because of this, I don't have time at all to fulfill tasks, trade, diplomacy and war ...

BTW...I have no idea how the "presence" effect, which gives +10 to security drifts, works. I'm in my city, waiting there, fulfilling the tasks of the city and nothing ... I only had the effect of presence once.

Last edited:
@Zorion_no , yes I know. I eliminated 12 groups (looters, sea riders, mountain bandits) and I destroy one hidden base (sea riders) and Security Drifts increase on 0,08 point - it is crazy! After one minute security drifs decrease on 0,05 :grin: For the last twelf hours in game, I've been doing nothing but trying to stabilize the security drift.

Either there is a big bug or it is completely unbalanced! This way, the game would be nothing more than chases, sea riders, mountain bandits and other criminal groups. Because of this, I don't have time at all to fulfill tasks, trade, diplomacy and war ...

BTW...I have no idea how the "presence" effect, which gives +10 to security drifts, works. I'm in my city, waiting there, fulfilling the tasks of the city and nothing ... I only had the effect of presence once.
Presence is a perk lords can have.
Leadership skill lvl 125.

How big is your garrison?
This have a huge impact on security.
Varcheg is notorious for being starved typically, so buy up food in other towns if you have the funds(like Seonon(Battania) or Epicroeta(Northern Empire) if possible.
Or nearbye villages and dump lots of grain, lots and lots of it, so it wont be starveing.

Overall tbh I do find it that we sort of need to micromanage alot of the stats at times, which is abit "annoying" the npc's we have in our clan should be easier to assign to deal with those issues.

Also some of the towns quest have impact on this!
So DONT DO CRIMINAL QUEST.
Do the quest from crafters and artisans only.
Usually resolving those quest help - like the Caravan Ambush quest.

Again also haveing the "right" governor helps alot, since some of the perks give + 0,5 security, but there is more than 1 of those they can have so they can more.
Like for instance in Archery there is a perk that lets archers provide 20% more security.

Tons of stuff.

Ideally if you can provide a screenshot(and no I dont work at Taleworld) it would also give a very easy way to spot if something is actually wrong on the go.

As it could be that you are actually bugged for all I know.

Looted villages also impact security -1 pr day.
I also think some of the quest they offer can have impact on security for the town but dont quote me on that.

I do know that some quest that the Town offers which takes place in the village - Army of poachers do impact the towns security.

My issue with the current state of the game is that I'm in an endless circle of WAR cause of how "good" we're doing so every other faction will declare war(this is so bad imo, hopefully the changes they have spoken about will fix it).
30 years of endless war is kind of "not fun".
Sure we fight vs 1 get peace but in the meantime there is 2 others we either declared war on or they us so constantly being at war with 2-4 ai kingdomes isnt "fun" just tanks the fun of the game.
In Warband you atleast got some time of peace in between, just to "punishing" the way the game is scripted for certain playstyles.
(Need to have real attrition where the lords get "fed up" with endless warring).

@Zorion_no (I also invite guy from TW @MArdA TaleWorlds), wow thank you for you answare and you long contribution. With all the gods of sturgia, it looks like there's a bug! I had security 96 and modifier is -0,47...on next day is security on max. i.e. 100 see attachment.

Zorion_no, i have Nozhon (my brother) as Governor in Varcheg. I have this active policies "Castle Charters, Lawspeakers, Grazing Rights, Sacred Majesty, Imperial Towns, Forgiveness of Debts, Bailiffs, State Monopolies, Magistrates, Royal Guard, Tribunes of the People, Citizen Ship".

I also don't like endless wars, only now I have a problem that for two and a half days (real time) I solve the total decline of security, now it is again at 100 but in an hour it is at 50 :sad: 14 hours I solve the increase in security and in an hour I am where I was.

Last edited:
@Zorion_no (I also invite guy from TW @MArdA TaleWorlds), wow thank you for you answare and you long contribution. With all the gods of sturgia, it looks like there's a bug! I had security 96 and modifier is -0,47...on next day is security on max. i.e. 100 see attachment.

Zorion_no, i have Nozhon (my brother) as Governor in Varcheg. I have this active policies "Castle Charters, Lawspeakers, Grazing Rights, Sacred Majesty, Imperial Towns, Forgiveness of Debts, Bailiffs, State Monopolies, Magistrates, Royal Guard, Tribunes of the People, Citizen Ship".

I also don't like endless wars, only now I have a problem that for two and a half days (real time) I solve the total decline of security, now it is again at 100 but in an hour it is at 50 :sad: 14 hours I solve the increase in security and in an hour I am where I was.

Well.. there is 1 obvious problem why the security is in decline.
You have 91 ppl in the garrison.
Overall though this should be much higher.

So that you dont have to micromanage it.

Like security drift will typically go between 2-3 that I've seen.

Meaning that that alone should be covered, atm your 91 troops provide about 1.6 security which means "already" if an issue is at hand you are - 1.4 in the difference between the "need of the town" and the provided.

Then add in the issue that is in the bound village -1 and you can see that you'll have negative effects "constantly".

Drop in more troops in your garrison 150-200
That should take it up so that even if you have the issue in the village it should still be about 0 security loss.

I typically have 250-300 units sometimes more tbh if its a rich town, and a town that I know will be sieged alot.
Troops with milita + my "small" army typically can fight of any hostiles trying to take my town.

So see the bottom one "Security drift" in your case its -3,33 which in all honesty is a very typical stat that a city will have.
Which you should counter by haveing bigger garrison mainly.

Atm I do see your "bit" poor with only 6120 denars so it may be hard to have that many troops in the castle and still have a sizeable party of your own.

I'd prolly drop a few of the troops into the garrison, remember for security even peasents helps(which is cheap troops)(they suck if you actually get besieged though).

And then head out hunting for enemies if you are at war to capture the lord and sell his troops + all the loot you get from gear.

I personally hold of on fiefs until a point where my denars are alot higher 50k+
So I vote for the other lords, and if I still get it, I then give it back to the kingdome - then vote for the other guys aswell.
This way I build good relations with the lords.

There typically is other options to get nice pieces of land later on when you are "strong enough" to keep it :razz:

@Zorion_no ,thank you so much, but i have 91 soldiers on max tier. Is the level of soldiers not taken into account in this case? He prefers to hold fewer elite soldiers than peasant armies. My 91 elite soldiers would easily repel 300 men at lower levels. In my opinion, this should also take into account the security of the drift, not only the quantity but also the quality of the crew.

@Zorion_no ,thank you so much, but i have 91 soldiers on max tier. Is the level of soldiers not taken into account in this case? He prefers to hold fewer elite soldiers than peasant armies. My 91 elite soldiers would easily repel 300 men at lower levels. In my opinion, this should also take into account the security of the drift, not only the quantity but also the quality of the crew.
Quality of troops as far as I've seen in terms of providing security for a town have no effect.
Only when you are defending.

so unless you know you are getting attacked soon - fill it up with more troops, atleast so that number 1.6 you have atm is 2 at the minimum or ideally 2.5(that way the issue in the bound village wont tank your security all the time).

Notice that the difference in the screenshot between provided security overall is -0,4 still so it will decline slowly, but it wont be going so far that it will cause rebellion though.

To avoid it actually going down haveing thus a bigger garrison to countr that 0,4 - in this case a garrison of 2 would be 0,1 in your favor.

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. For more information regarding how to send us your save files, you can check this thread out. You can find your save file here:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

@MArdA TaleWorlds, Save file it is not necessary in this case, as @Zorion_no writes, it's okay!
I just have a few observations:

- Security level (Security drifts) depends on the size of the crew, but does not take into account the elite of the crew and that is nonsense! If the castle is defended by 300 peasants, then it is more efficient to use a regular professional army, often it was in the real. Therefore, it would be nice to add some multiplier according to the garrison tier!
- currently when you have a young kingdom, the first city and low loyalty and security, so is very difficulty increase the level of security, it will take an awful lot of time for a person to get security to better numbers. Crowding hundreds of men into the crew is not a thing and also it is not even real, the castles were not guarded by many people :smile: I'm from Central Europe, so I know a little about castles: D The castles were guarded by a few men but well trained!

I say it's not a bug, but personally I think this concept (Security) is very bad at the moment!

Sorry I must use google translate :sad: I hope you know what I with this thread mean ...

Last edited:
We need the save file.
Cough this case is resolved, its just his understanding of the game-mechanics.
I gave him a crash-course on how it works - and its now ok.

This is gamedesign-features and not a bug.
I dont really think the values thoug his good, they are abit "harsh".

But as he said himself its not a bug.

Exactly as @Zorion_no says, it is not a bug, save file would be unnecessary, it would only want to improve the current concept of security and loyalty. The current concept is, in my opinion, insane. Security and Loyalty is unnecessarily difficult and the parameter is declining terribly fast ....The solution of putting an awful lot of soldiers in the castle is stupid.

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom