Secret Chest and Plate Armor

Users who are viewing this thread

Chest Hunter

Recruit
Good afternoon, I'm Chest Hunter and I've been hunting the chest for the past 3 days. I know I sound like a conspiracy theorist but please hear me out. I'm an OG, and as you're probably aware: in Warband there were two items located inside a secret chest in the town of 'Rivacheg', the items were 'Strange Sword' and 'Strange Armour'. I've been digging around online for any easter eggs and secrets that could lead me to this chest, and there is plate armour in the game files that was implemented during a beta version and hasn't yet been removed. Can anybody corroborate this for me? It would be greatly appreciated. I understand Jeremus' staff is also still in the game files but unable to be obtained like the armour, or so we thought...
If we look at both game maps placed on top of each-other we can see that Rivacheg is north of Varcheg's current location. Being the closest town and sharing the suffix 'Cheg', I traveled there to begin my quest for the secret nobody has yet found. When in Varcheg, near the blacksmith there's an old broken cart you can use to access the roof, and following the roofs you can very easily get out of bounds. Though I found no chest there yet and have only begun my expeditions. I am one butter eater, and there are so many scenes.

These are the locations I've been out of bounds, and how:
Galend: When facing the main gate of Galend, don't enter the town proper, but follow the wall around the left-hand side, you will see two rocks (one in bounds one out of bounds) that some mapper has placed indicating a secret. If you continue around the wall, you'll see a very obvious entrance to the OOB area.
But there is something very strange going on in the town of Galend regarding ANOTHER* rock placed very peculiarly, the two rocks (one in bounds and one out of bounds) indicate a secret that requires being out of bounds to get to, and if you continue exploring out of bounds you'll find the SAME ROCK* next to some terrain that has been placed perfectly to allow a jump into an unused arena/tournament background. I originally thought it would have been inside the arena but that would have been too easy. You can access the roofs in Galend from this path and there's a point where you have to run behind the keep (the entire length within 10seconds) to continue exploring, at 110 Athletics I'm inches away but still too slow. I'm working on levelling a new character for just athletics to accomplish the run and find this hidden chest. Note: while exploring, I must get out of bounds to get back in bounds. Out of bounds exploration is not my intention.

Pravend: When facing the main gate don't enter the town, same as Galend, follow the wall around the left hand side to be granted easy out of bounds access. If you enter the town, you can take the leftmost path and find a house which is under construction and has a ladder attached. You can jump up this ladder in a very specific way to get on top, or complete the jump from the wall (You have to miss the invisible wall, ladder is easier in my opinion) and you will be out of bounds with roof access to Pravend.
*Edit: For better roof access to Pravend, go to the 'Back Street' location, behind the thugs you will find a bunch of cloth sacks adjacent to a low roof. If you jump on the tallest sack you can then jump onto the roof using the same method as the ladder.*

Sargot: There's huge castle scenery close to the map border and there's also a what I believe to be a wheat farm. One of the peculiarities of this area is you will find many unusable doors. When you look at the door 'Door' appears on the screen, indicating they can be used but I have found no way of entering these locations. I have tried attacking these doors but I'm deaf and can't hear sound, so I'm unsure if they make a different sound or are breakable with a certain weapon. If you go into first person and run at the perfect angle, these houses are empty. There are some houses the mappers have left assets inside of like barricades and feeding troughs for horses/animals. You can find very strange geometry and hidden assets when clipping the camera into the walls. Fascinating.

These are the locations I've searched so far, but while reading the patchnotes you can see they 'Temporarily switched the scene used for Danustica town'.
And so, to Danustica town I went. There is a very specific way to get out of bounds, go to the run-down part of town, take a right when you enter the main gate and follow it, you'll see what looks like a very easy roof jump, stand on the tiny wooden box at the corner of the roof which is conveniently placed at a gap in the invisible wall, and then jump onto the roof for some roof jumps and to get behind the arena.

I firmly believe these items are obtainable, and they are hidden in a chest located in one of the town/village scenes. I believe the chest is located in the temporary scene of Danustica introduced with this patch. Why would they change the scene to a temporary one? Can anyone visit the old scene?

I'm playing on Xbox and don't have access to a PC to enable cheats, nor do I have the modding tools available. I can only view each scene with my character, but I have access to a keyboard because I'm deaf and so I can make this forum post. I haven't searched even 10% of all scenes yet but I've found some interesting discoveries. Galend is my prime suspect, but the new scene of Danustica looks promising as well. Has anyone found the chest or done in-depth town exploration? For exploration I do the map border outside of the towns first, then clip my camera into every building/wall and attempt to get past invisible walls, then I do the walls of the city, then I start with the town (I go left, then right, then centre, then keep, then dungeon, then tavern, clipping my camera along the way and finding ways out of bounds or on the roofs). Has anyone got access to the PC version of the game and can help my exploration with a map viewer? I'm highly dedicated to finding the secret chest containing the armour and staff and have been searching about 12 hours a day. Do you know of any ways out of bounds anywhere, have you seen anything interesting? I need to get to the bottom of this, I will not stop until I find it. Only a Warband OG would understand the significance of a find like this, we will find it my brothers and sisters, I know it's here somewhere.

Last edited:
Why not using horse to be faster? Take whichever you find in the city. Not like anyone cares it's been stolen 😄

You're a genius Brano I've used the horse and passed the area!! I've found a place with 5 rocks, placed like:
: )

I will continue my exploration
Edit: At the end of that path you'll find wooden stairs leading up to the walls, if you reverse the horse up the stairs you can use it to jump across the roofs much further than you can on foot. I will dub these rocks 'The Horse Face'

Last edited:
I admire your effort. Sincerely. I did my share of "beyond-sight" exploration of many cities. Idea of easter-egg of yours is intriguing. Only I have never ever found an interactive object in the town/castle/village that pops-up an inventory....or simply said....a chest 🤷🏻‍♂️😉

Good afternoon, I'm Chest Hunter and I've been hunting the chest for the past 3 days. I know I sound like a conspiracy theorist but please hear me out. I'm an OG, and as you're probably aware: in Warband there were two items located inside a secret chest in the town of 'Rivacheg', the items were 'Strange Sword' and 'Strange Armour'. I've been digging around online for any easter eggs and secrets that could lead me to this chest, and there is plate armour in the game files that was implemented during a beta version and hasn't yet been removed. Can anybody corroborate this for me? It would be greatly appreciated. I understand Jeremus' staff is also still in the game files but unable to be obtained like the armour, or so we thought...
If we look at both game maps placed on top of each-other we can see that Rivacheg is north of Varcheg's current location. Being the closest town and sharing the suffix 'Cheg', I traveled there to begin my quest for the secret nobody has yet found. When in Varcheg, near the blacksmith there's an old broken cart you can use to access the roof, and following the roofs you can very easily get out of bounds. Though I found no chest there yet and have only begun my expeditions. I am one butter eater, and there are so many scenes.

I'm playing on Xbox and don't have access to a PC to enable cheats, nor do I have the modding tools available. I can only view each scene with my character, but I have access to a keyboard because I'm deaf and so I can make this forum post. I haven't searched even 10% of all scenes yet but I've found some interesting discoveries. Galend is my prime suspect, but the new scene of Danustica looks promising as well. Has anyone found the chest or done in-depth town exploration? For exploration I do the map border outside of the towns first, then clip my camera into every building/wall and attempt to get past invisible walls, then I do the walls of the city, then I start with the town (I go left, then right, then centre, then keep, then dungeon, then tavern, clipping my camera along the way and finding ways out of bounds or on the roofs). Has anyone got access to the PC version of the game and can help my exploration with a map viewer? I'm highly dedicated to finding the secret chest containing the armour and staff and have been searching about 12 hours a day. Do you know of any ways out of bounds anywhere, have you seen anything interesting? I need to get to the bottom of this, I will not stop until I find it. Only a Warband OG would understand the significance of a find like this, we will find it my brothers and sisters, I know it's here somewhere.
LOL

There's no secret chests in Bannerlord. There's a reason why folks say Bannerlord doesn't have a "soul", compared to Warband, and this is exactly one of those reasons.

All the locations in Bannerlord are copy/paste maps a.k.a. scenes. There is no special Town/Castle scene with a rare helmet. Maybe a relatively unused art asset, but nothing you can pick up. Danustica was mostly like removed because it was missing a stairs, had a blocked doorway, clipping issues, or some other kind of bug. Lots of this going on since they've been rushing out maps towards release with inadequate QA:

(Door is missing stairs here)
VYDp149.jpg

All drops in this game are based off of what troops currently have equipped. It's possible you may see high end gear like the Battle Crowns or Sturgian Brigadine only spawn in for Town markets at high prosperity, but that's the extent of anything being rare in this game. Pretty sure there's no "Staff of Jeremus", perhaps a mesh of that like Bannerlord guy's helmet, but nothing you can acquire in-game.

I really hope this is a troll post. I don't want to believe console owners are so ignorant with the game having been around on PC already for 2.5 years to not be aware of things like this. You'll be much better off hunting for "chests" in reality, me thinks.

We document missing features here

Not sure if there are any more easter eggs. Probably not in the old scenes. Perhaps in the newer ones? I doubt it is going to be a chest though, but maybe you'll discover some other cool stuff! Most of the scenes in Bannerlord clearly have a lot of work, love and attention for detail put into them.

Also, I don't know why they removed Danustica, but the current scene is the one of Rhotae, so those two cities are the same now.

Thanks for the replies and interesting thanks! I'll have to check out Rhotae proper and see if there are any differences. And regarding the missing features, I personally don't believe anybody has done in-depth study of the scenes. Everyone assumes someone else has, so I will be the one to check them. I WILL TAKE IT. I will take it. I will take the ring to Mordor, though... I do not know the way.
I have found no response from developers regarding the chest's existence, and can see that they have issued no statement denying its existence. I will find this chest, I have faith in Taleworlds that it does exist and I will prove you wrong, for the sake of us all. They are my favourite developers and I love their games, I will search each scene with an unnatural speed; as if the soles of my boots were blessed with butter. Perhaps it has something to do with the crows/ravens placed in the town scenes?

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary, over many-a quaint and curious hay piles upon the floor...

The only oddball items at the "Min/Max/Medium Dummy Armor" but I do not think they are strewn across the terrain or anything like that - you can just turn cheat mode on.

Same thing for the named Saddles - unsure if they spawn in game - but do not think they are hidden anywhere.

If there was stuff was *was* hidden it would be those - but they do not have any world objects for armor pieces only weapons. And most of the cooler named weapons are available for joining a Kingdom as a vassal now.

That said you aren't in the wrong for looking. The scene designers and the art style of Bannerlord is honestly really good and those devs do not get enough credit for it. The sad part is most of the scenes are unused. You never see them during sieges, and walking around is pointless unless you want to clear alleyways which may or may not spawn in an odd area.

Back
Top Bottom