Second phase of the game, after conquering Calradia?

Users who are viewing this thread

KH51

Recruit
did some quick search but I didn't find anything about it, so here it goes...

currently, after your faction conquers calradia, the other faction sorta exists, but the lords wont spawn, and the game will end there since you pretty much dont have anything to fight, nor anywhere to siege...

...or so I've heard  :razz: im still far away from finishing the game, but I beleive you dont have anything to do after all faction has been wiped out...

so...how about extending the game by making a new, powerful and challenging faction with some background story, which spawn after you've conquered all of calradia?

it could be anything...like, say, some young charismatic man with great leadership who brings all bandits/theifs/outlaws into one big army, takes down one of your towns with his suprising tactics, arms his man with better equipments from the town, recruits more mercenary, and with great moral they took more of your lands blahblah so now the king ordered you to stop them, then the new game starts from there...

or some mysterious army suddenly pops out of no where, and the mysterious dudes starts grabbing your lands mysteriously, and they are so mysteriously strong that they took 2/3 of calradia in a matter of time, so you band your mens, and statrt taking back from the mysterious guys...dont ask me who they are..could be anthing, like those guys in black armor from 0.751 (think it was called black raiders? forgot the name..), or a invaders from outside of calradia with firearm technology, alien invasion from mars, some criminal group from the future who stole the time machine and came to calradia etcetcetc...

or maybe even revolting against your faction...you start with 1 town, few castles/village, some lords join with you and start the conquest to take calradia in your hands...

eh..I know im not really giving out specific ideas lol...but maybe in a future after m&b v1.0 comes out, and you still dont have much to do after crushing all other faction, then maybe its good to extend the game by creating those kinds of new and more challenging faction to fight against...

Edit: or, the game could just start a new game with increased difficulty. you keep all your stats/item, companion stats/equip, money renoun honor etc, resets all faction status, and replaces all troops with more stronger euipment and increased stats...and increase the experience you gain in each battle....I think this is more easier to make...you can also have a character with like lvl 60, on your 4th lap of the game, with all the troops being uber strong...kinda have a feeling that your in a "next stage" of the game, compare to how the troops and battles were on the first lap...

It would just be like playing the game again.

Some of your ideas about a mysterious faction are ridiculous. Aliens landing from Mars and stuff like that is fantasy, it's not the point of the game.

it would be better if lords tried to take back their lands, maybe some kind of alliances with the bandits, or maybe they'll try to kill you....

maybe the game would "END" when you have all the lords captured or killed...

anyway, everything i said sucks.... :???:

Well what happens once you've defeated these new invaders? Do a new and completely different set of invaders then invade?

Would you make some sort of progression from Dark knights to Ice raiders to Shadow knights to Fanatic infidels to Demon knights to Dread lords and beyond?

I don't think so. Not only is it terribly unoriginal, it doesn't actually forward the story or the gameplay. Once you've collected all the amazing new gear that the vanquished Shadow knights left behind, you'll be strong enough to take on the Fanatic infidels and their even more supreme gear. Although the numbers get higher and higher, it's still the same thing you end up doing.

Also, M&B is supposed to be a game without end. Once you've defeated the planet-destroying demigod Harbingers of Chaos, the last group of baddies, you're basically done. Endgame. Your character is now so godly, he can kill an army singlehanded by just yelling at them. There's nothing left to do.

No. I think the game's true longterm appeal should lie in politics and trying to maintain your hold over your fiefs. First of all, you shouldn't be able to conquer all of calradia. The game's political system should be dynamic and self-regulating enough to make it get exponentially harder as you acquire more and more fiefs. Enemies, worried about your rising power, band up to stop you. Internal politics and jealous lords stifle your ability to wage war from within. The king, concerned that you now have more power than he does, attempts to depose you. Even your fiefs start to rebel as your empire becomes too unwieldy and you no longer have the time to manage them all.

If, by some miracle (or cheating) you did conquer all calradia, the game wouldn't stop there. Previous rivalries run deep, and you'd have at your hands a very unstable empire. A revolt from one of your conquered noble vassals could carve out quite a chunk of your empire, and create copycat rivalries elsewhere. If you did not quash them immediately, you may be left with an amount of land a fraction the size of your previous empire. 

Maybe you can never fully eradicate a faction, its people still exist though under your rule but if you treat them right and defend them from bandits and poverty. Maybe rebellion could rise up with new leaders wanting certain things like release from your factions control or your destruction. The kinsmen or children of heroes you slayed wanting revenge may go on a vendetta to harm you, your lands and lords. Thus maintaining the game, but destroying a faction should be made extremely difficult.

Ingolifs said:
If, by some miracle (or cheating) you did conquer all calradia,

I've got the Swadians left  :wink:

the game wouldn't stop there. Previous rivalries run deep, and you'd have at your hands a very unstable empire. A revolt from one of your conquered noble vassals could carve out quite a chunk of your empire, and create copycat rivalries elsewhere. If you did not quash them immediately, you may be left with an amount of land a fraction the size of your previous empire. 

Now that's brilliant suggestion. Not the Martian invasion stuff. That was just wierd. No offenseto the OP.

No. I think the game's true longterm appeal should lie in politics and trying to maintain your hold over your fiefs. First of all, you shouldn't be able to conquer all of calradia. The game's political system should be dynamic and self-regulating enough to make it get exponentially harder as you acquire more and more fiefs. Enemies, worried about your rising power, band up to stop you. Internal politics and jealous lords stifle your ability to wage war from within. The king, concerned that you now have more power than he does, attempts to depose you. Even your fiefs start to rebel as your empire becomes too unwieldy and you no longer have the time to manage them all.

If, by some miracle (or cheating) you did conquer all calradia, the game wouldn't stop there. Previous rivalries run deep, and you'd have at your hands a very unstable empire. A revolt from one of your conquered noble vassals could carve out quite a chunk of your empire, and create copycat rivalries elsewhere. If you did not quash them immediately, you may be left with an amount of land a fraction the size of your previous empire.

I was preparing to respond to the original post, but the above post makes my response unnecessary. I couldn't agree more and think a good political system is key to longterm appeal. History has taught us that power is difficult to obtain and that keeping holding on to it is even more difficult.

I also agree with Ingolifs' post.

In addition, I suggest that if you conquer one of the factions completely, all other factions declare war on you. Right now I'm stuck with conquered Rhodocks (completely dead) and Swadia (0 armies left) so that kind of ended the game for me.

Would be cool to have a map that was larger(additional Factions, Towns & Villages) and enable sea travel.... then you could start with Calradia and conqueror the surrounding Kingdoms in the "world"

If you want something to do after the game how about actually running your new found Empire?
Deal with plagues, rebellion, civil war, secession crisis, revolutions, hell maybe reform your realm to be more egalitarian or spend time tweaking your military how you like it.
There's so much you can put in to do.

Back
Top Bottom