SP Fantasy Second Age

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elenmmare said:
What the hell is wrong with Europe? Calradia is the most dull, uninteresting universe I've seen created. Why? Just why?

I know europe, i've played countless games based in it, i know the many varied medieval kingdoms for the most part.

A new calradia however could be interesting and unique, with new places to explore and conquer. (not to mention more freedom in armor and weapons, etc.)

Either way the mod looks like it will be amazing.

bbeck08 said:
If it was that dull you wouldn't have ever played it.

I didn't... I played a few battles back in .894, then downloaded whatever mods I could find and started playing them. Its terribly boring. Mount&Blade is about making a difference - I'd prefer to make a difference in an interesting world. Taking over generic castle 23 isn't hardly as interesting as taking over Minas Tirith or Paris.

Please stay on topic, as much as I would love to have this bumped, its not very fun reading two to five people in the last 'few' pages just jibbering on about random stuff.  :neutral:

The pic of the eastern warrior is amazing, it almost looks like a screeshot form a xbox 360 or ps3 game. Kinda looks like fable.

Great work, hope it comes through.

Cheers

Oh, and I too prefer a medieval-crusade period for the mod. I would be epic, you could change history (and even create your own kingdom in the middle of europe)

Elenmmare said:
What the hell is wrong with Europe? Calradia is the most dull, uninteresting universe I've seen created. Why? Just why?
If you read correctly he was going to make a fresh new map that no one has ever seen before. It would've been totally different from Calradia.

Hello Xendor,

Nice work! I believe you have something very good in hands!

I have just read all of the topic and have a lot of questions/suggestions.

-What happens with the fiefs of a lord that has been killed?

-Will kings be mortal as well? I believe they should! What happens if you kill a king?

-You decided to remove all the text menus from cities, I dont believe thats a good idea, because M&B is a very large/open world game and sometimes ppl just are not in the mood for exploring every town, the text menu saves us precious time that we could expend in combat or something. I'd really like then to come back. After all the player already has the option to take the realistic approuch  or not.

-I love the shouts! Will we be able te hear shouts of ally and enemie commanders? It would certainly make it easier to understand whas going on, plus beeing pretty cool.

-Can the player die? I believe that should be possible. GAME OVER :grin:

-Lords that have been knocked unconsius in battle should never be able to run away.

-Looting after battle should be *MUCH* easier in my opinion, I actually believe that a character with 0 looting should be able to find at least 60, maybe 70% of all equipment.

-Are you going to twist the tournments? I believe you should be able to wear your own equipment. Theres a mod, i cant remember wich, that twisted consistently the tornments.

-The normal fights in the arena should also be twisted, enemies spawning everywhere is just too bizarre and unreallistic. I believe you should be able to use your own equipment here also.

-Training fields: there should be more options in there, like beeing able to divide your army and have a big training fight, but that was already said. Something maybe easier is to have an "train here for some time" option, where you would just wait and your soldiers would gain some XP.

I still have a lot on my mind but thats enough for a first post, right?

keep the good work!

Drozza said:
1)What happens with the fiefs of a lord that has been killed?

2)Will kings be mortal as well? I believe they should! What happens if you kill a king?

3)You decided to remove all the text menus from cities, I dont believe thats a good idea, because M&B is a very large/open world game and sometimes ppl just are not in the mood for exploring every town, the text menu saves us precious time that we could expend in combat or something. I'd really like then to come back. After all the player already has the option to take the realistic approuch  or not.

4)I love the shouts! Will we be able te hear shouts of ally and enemie commanders? It would certainly make it easier to understand whas going on, plus beeing pretty cool.

5)Can the player die? I believe that should be possible. GAME OVER :grin:

6)Lords that have been knocked unconsius in battle should never be able to run away.

7)Looting after battle should be *MUCH* easier in my opinion, I actually believe that a character with 0 looting should be able to find at least 60, maybe 70% of all equipment.

:cool:Are you going to twist the tournments? I believe you should be able to wear your own equipment. Theres a mod, i cant remember wich, that twisted consistently the tornments.

9)The normal fights in the arena should also be twisted, enemies spawning everywhere is just too bizarre and unreallistic. I believe you should be able to use your own equipment here also.

10)Training fields: there should be more options in there, like beeing able to divide your army and have a big training fight, but that was already said. Something maybe easier is to have an "train here for some time" option, where you would just wait and your soldiers would gain some XP.

1 and 2 ) I think I'm gonna remove that fuction, sadly it's too buggy

3) I'm doing that bacouse I want to make things harder. Inventory management skill is considerebly useless now.  So if you have some loot, you won't want to enter the town, talk with merchant and doing all that stuff. You'll wait some to more loot, and then you'll go, as it's realistic and becouse of that, you'll think about spending some points to inventory management.

4) Umm, no  :sad:

5) No, but'll think about it

6) Good idea.

7) I think it's good as it is.

8, 9) not tournaments but you'll be able to wear your own equipment in duels.

I think if it will be finished,that is the most valuable,powerful and amazing mod i had ever seen on MB...
Thank u very much everyone who support and work on it.
I had a question mark in my speechbubble...
When will Second Age release or finish?

Hi Xendor,

thanks for anwsering!

Xendor said:
1 and 2 ) I think I'm gonna remove that fuction, sadly it's too buggy

3) I'm doing that bacouse I want to make things harder. Inventory management skill is considerebly useless now.  So if you have some loot, you won't want to enter the town, talk with merchant and doing all that stuff. You'll wait some to more loot, and then you'll go, as it's realistic and becouse of that, you'll think about spending some points to inventory management.

4) Umm, no  :sad:

5) No, but'll think about it

6) Good idea.

7) I think it's good as it is.

8, 9) not tournaments but you'll be able to wear your own equipment in duels.

1) and 2) really? thats really sad, in my opinion, mortal lords and kings would be the most enjoyable modification in gameplay.

A suggestion: if a lord dies,  the king should behave as the fiefs where just conquered and choose some of his lord (or himself) to own then. Now if a king dies, there could be an election to choose a new one, using the same system used for choosing marchalls. I know its unrealistic, but it seems technically possible.

3)I don't understand your reason, the lack of text menu in cities actually wouldn't change my set of skills or trading habits. It would just take me the time to walk from the gates to the shops, that's not harder, its just annoying. If cities where fully explorable, rich in details, interesting NPCs and parallel content, like in Oblivion, I would totally agree with you, but towns in M&B have some very specific functions and I really enjoy that I can make it all really quickly using text menus. an example: in "Lords and Realms", there's an text option in villages for speaking with the village elder, I had never given any importance to then, but that option actually made me speak with then often, taking quests & etc.

5)a suggestion: the death of the player could work just like the retirement, but permanent .

8 and 9)Do you think of changing something in tournaments? I suggest you play the tournaments from "the 1257 edition", they are much fun!

----

now some more toughs:

1)factions should be destroyable. being able to conquer the world would be incredible !

2)The map in native is really too small, but i don't think you should make the map just like Europe, ppl would always try to compare it to the real world, and thats bad because they would never be satisfied, a bigger Calardia seems perfect.

3)the player should be able to strip their prisoners,including lords, from all their equipment, or at least from their weapons.

4)Do you know the panoramic mod? I think everybody should include this in their mods :grin: : http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,53634.0.html

How about this?

mb16.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom