SP - Economy Seasonal Economic Changes

Users who are viewing this thread

I love the change of seasons in Bannerlord and thought it would be incredible to see that environmental dynamic integrated with trade. The supply of produce such as grain, dates, olives, grapes such reach its peak in autumn to represent the harvest while the demand for these goods should naturally rise in winter. Cheese and butter could increase in supply during spring and summer since that is when animal’s milk is the richest.

Wool supply could rise in spring when the sheep are sheared and demand would rise in autumn and winter as it gets colder. I think cotton is harvested in summer and it could also be in demand during autumn and winter. Naturally the price for furs should peak in winter.

I think you get the idea.

The reason for this is that I would like to see some logic in the system of supply. I would like to visit a city in autumn and be able to know it is a good investment to buy grain...and I would like to know this not because I have shopped around, but because I know winter is when food is scarce.

In a perfect world a caravan AI could take note of upcoming seasons and buy and sell accordingly.

While wood workshops, potters, and smithies might produce profits at a somewhat steady pace—a brewer, vintner, olive press, should see profits in waves with the peak in autumn when supplies are cheapest, but to make it worthwhile the profits during these peaks would need to be almost double the steady profits of the other shops.

What do you guys think about this?

Agree with the suggestion (y)
Such changes would make Calradia more alive.
I believe that seasons influencing the game more and in a realistic way is generally a good idea.

Last edited:
The problem is other things changes too fast compared to agriculture production, a village can be raided dozens of times in half a season along with territorial changes, if production cycle is seasonal then there will be serious balancing problems, i.e. players could buy a lot of grains and raid all grain producing villages and besiege the city as a mercenary during winter, and leave the kingdom after besieging it like 30 days, the price in the city would be very high at that time and you will suddenly be super rich.

The problem is other things changes too fast compared to agriculture production, a village can be raided dozens of times in half a season along with territorial changes, if production cycle is seasonal then there will be serious balancing problems, i.e. players could buy a lot of grains and raid all grain producing villages and besiege the city as a mercenary during winter, and leave the kingdom after besieging it like 30 days, the price in the city would be very high at that time and you will suddenly be super rich.
Sounds like a good business plan to me.

Wow, that is really smart...and I think in a sandbox game a player should totally be able to do something like that. People would hate you, but what medieval super rich person was not a little bit of a sociopath.

Back
Top Bottom