Sea Combat Still Broken

Users who are viewing this thread

Tripnip14

Recruit
Is this ever going to be fixed? I just put the game down because of the bull crap that happens constantly at sea. I'm the Danish king, I'm invading Friesland with my army and 4 large vassals. I engage an enemy lord at sea, and initially it tells me that all of my vassals will join me in the battle. For whatever reason this doesn't happen, and I'm left heavily outnumbered. Whatever, I'll make a fight of it, maybe I can still win.
Battle starts, and my ships move forward. I look to my right, and a steady stream of men of flying/drifting off of one of my ships. What the frick? why hasn't this crap been fixed? Then, as soon as my ship engages with the enemy ship, some kind of clipping happens and I find myself falling to the bottom of the ocean. Come on, this is game breaking, and after paying for this mod, and considering the amount of time it has been released, I would expect it to be taken care of by now.
Brytenwalda was free and it is by far my favorite mod, but it seems yall but more effort into it than VC, which doesn't make any sense. This is a huge disappointment.

Hi Tripnip14, thanks for the report! Could you please tell us the version number of VC you are currently playing?

vassals join problem: Maybe one of the latest patches caused this. We will check it.
men of flying/drifting off: Unlikely in the latest versions of VC. However: In settings please reduce the battle size. In the past this problem was caused by low fps.
clipping: Sorry for that. Reducing the battle size value will help here too.

Phaiak said:
Hi Tripnip14, thanks for the report! Could you please tell us the version number of VC you are currently playing?

vassals join problem: Maybe one of the latest patches caused this. We will check it.
men of flying/drifting off: Unlikely in the latest versions of VC. However: In settings please reduce the battle size. In the past this problem was caused by low fps.
clipping: Sorry for that. Reducing the battle size value will help here too.

I had an amusing thing happen while I was starting a new character. When the Vikings were approaching our lil boats ALL of the men on board decided to go well...overboard. Even my own mother. I was left alone on the boat to die at the hands of those Vikings. I started the storyline mode multiple times and it has only happened once. I don't know what caused it, but it was absolutely hilarious.

Back
Top Bottom