Sea Battle Demo - Longship Control

Users who are viewing this thread

Passion goes a long way from turning something hum drum into something wonderful. Sadly Taleworlds seems to be short on passion the last few years. :cry:
There are different forms of passion, some more ardent and others more conservative. It is undeniable the existence of passionate devs in Taleworlds, a notorious example was our beloved mexxico; but there are undoubtedly more mexxicos behind the scenes. However, the same cannot be said of who is or are at the steering wheel.

What I want to say is once again how little daring or very conservative they are in their approach to the base game itself. We see it in the question of the mechanics of navigation and naval combat... a mechanic that should have been incorporated into the game by default and that unfortunately was relegated to dlc releases before the game was released (Armagan confirmed).

There are countless mechanics that taking a quick look at the mods available for previous games should have been implemented, if not at least discussed.

And as for that in connection to the Bloc demo I remembered this mod for the first Mount&Blade, which already allowed to set fire to buildings and naval combats... in.... attention!, 2009.

FireNaval

(source)

There are different forms of passion, some more ardent and others more conservative. It is undeniable the existence of passionate devs in Taleworlds, a notorious example was our beloved mexxico; but there are undoubtedly more mexxicos behind the scenes. However, the same cannot be said of who is or are at the steering wheel.

What I want to say is once again how little daring or very conservative they are in their approach to the base game itself. We see it in the question of the mechanics of navigation and naval combat... a mechanic that should have been incorporated into the game by default and that unfortunately was relegated to dlc releases before the game was released (Armagan confirmed).

There are countless mechanics that taking a quick look at the mods available for previous games should have been implemented, if not at least discussed.

And as for that in connection to the Bloc demo I remembered this mod for the first Mount&Blade, which already allowed to set fire to buildings and naval combats... in.... attention!, 2009.

FireNaval

(source)

I'm not criticizing Taleworlds individual devs but the company as a whole.

I'm not criticizing Taleworlds individual devs but the company as a whole.
Of course, my friend :wink:, I have understood you and certainly I have also criticized Taleworlds and keep on doing it as an entity... that's why I called it "conservative"... maybe I didn't explain myself well.

Taleworlds seems undecided to how much more they should "clean up" in terms of them releasing a coherent and full game and when to just call it quits and leave the rest to the modding community. Either way they will get some praise and blame - but for my own opinion if they are whats holding up major modding overhauls, then they should relinquish control as soon as possible. The people who dont care have already bought, paid and moved on to the next Steam game but id say the majority of diehards are mostly hanging around waiting for mods

For Warband i played later mainly the 1257 mod and/or crpg which was nearly more a different game.
And clear hopes are also for great bannerlord mods, but sometimes i think the origin bannerlord version seems still in its neverending early access phase a bit to early in development for stable especially overhaul mods.
But also for entire older Mount & Blade's' i needed to search for attractive mods (also years after release), not waited for interesting M&B updates or new content. It is more the mod community which makes and made M&B to something really great. Momentary some interesting bannerlord mod developments seem to be in a kind of rest position. And i hope really those mod-makers will not be forced to leave their hopes and needs for their work. Here the ''Sea Battles'' is absolutely not only something very nice, it is a finest addition and content for bannerlord. Nearly a 'must be'. Hopefully also with coming updates implementable as mod.
Please stay tuned folks of the 'Sea Battles' :wink:
OMG! Loved 1257 and floris. Just wished a lot of those features were in the BL native. One would think that taleworlds would've played those games and take ideas from them. But can't blame them. Quite a few BL moderators haven't even played bannerlord.

*edit: the endless EA phase seems like it happens on a modder's level too. One makes a game to a certain level and one just gets bored or feel complete. But the community definitely knows that BL EA isn't or should not be anywhere near baseline complete. So many basic features are still not in the game.

OMG! Loved 1257 and floris. Just wished a lot of those features were in the BL native. One would think that taleworlds would've played those games and take ideas from them. But can't blame them. Quite a few BL moderators haven't even played bannerlord.

*edit: the endless EA phase seems like it happens on a modder's level too. One makes a game to a certain level and one just gets bored or feel complete. But the community definitely knows that BL EA isn't or should not be anywhere near baseline complete. So many basic features are still not in the game.
Perhaps only one aspect i didn't like for '1257', the gamemap showed Straßburg (today Strasbourg) directly southeast of the alpes...hm, thats absolutely not correct :wink:

But really obvious, there are still not all basics in the Bannerlord game.
If i see now that seawarfare as mod is possible to make (for me still nearly astonishing :smile:), then better a stable vanilla original but modable version with fewer features
than numerous features (perhaps even bad thought) many folks don't like/want but not changeable with modding. Anyway the foundation must be strong.

Back
Top Bottom