Resolved Scrolling stops working when retreating from simulated battle

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
When you're fighting a 'simulated battle' (A.K.A. 'autoresolve'), and you hit Esc, the prompt pops up asking you if you're sure you want to retreat, pausing the combat. However, at this point, scrolling becomes locked, meaning that you can no longer see your kills and losses.

Seeing my kills and losses is critical to my decision of whether or not I want to retreat.

I tried to take a screenshot, but screenshots don't work in fullscreen mode, and I can't access the game options while in this screen, either...

I've never had much luck recording videos. Between a lack of tools and lack of know-how, it's always a blurry, bloated mess that takes me about an hour by the time I've uploaded it. Sorry.

To reproduce, begin a simulated battle on the campaign map with a large party (more than one page of troop types), then hit Esc when a number of your troops have been killed (but not all of them). Before you hit Esc, you will be able to scroll up and down to see your kills and losses, but when you hit Esc to bring up the prompt, you will not be able to scroll while the battle is paused like this.

Sorry; I meant when you click the Retreat! button, not Esc. Poor short-term memory...

Here's a screenshot. I have more troops below Vlandian Crossbowman, but I am unable to scroll down to see their status while the simulated battle is thus paused.

Clip6.jpg

I've been informed that the retreat button behaviour is an intended design. Marking this as resolved.
It's intended design to make some or most of the casualties unreadable, during the process of deciding whether or not to retreat? That can't be right. Perhaps there's been a miscommunication.

The issue is that only some of the casualties are visible when making the choice whether or not to retreat, while others are obscured from being read. That doesn't seem intended to me.

It's intended design to make some or most of the casualties unreadable, during the process of deciding whether or not to retreat? That can't be right. Perhaps there's been a miscommunication.
I think what's intended is not being able to interact with background elements when there is a generic inquiry pop-up on the screen.
The issue is that only some of the casualties are visible when making the choice whether or not to retreat, while others are obscured from being read. That doesn't seem intended to me.
Maybe a pause button can be added to solve that problem.

Back
Top Bottom