Script idea for module: Please criticize!

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey forum, I just figured out this idea for a mod and I think you guys (writers, RP'ers and all the like) would be the best to criticize the script, since the modding board of the forum is basically all technical. It's just a personal mod which I won't release, but I'd like to know how you people think about it.
So here is the main idea. It's not finished:

We keep the map from native 1.011 in 1257, so that's 5 cultures: Khergits, Swadians, Nords, Vaegirs and Rhodoks. The main "change" in the universe of Calradia is that it's civilisation is based on slavery. To the south of Calradia there are tribes living in the woods and even further south in the jungle.
(These tribes are based on either the common black African tribes or/and on white forest-tribes like the woads of England and the North-American natives)
These tribes "warriors" are smaller in number and aren't really a great faction (I'll probably put them in the list with Outlaws/Commoners/Mercenaries/...)
The Rhodoks and Khergits brought them over the mountains to Calradia to serve as slaves. The Nords also bring them over the great seas. You can buy slaves in almost every settlement. When you buy them, you can either keep them as prisoners, troops or just set them free and improve your relation with the tribes/slaves.
If you imprison them you'll be able to sell them with profit (So you could become a slave trader.) Also you could just become a vassal of any faction and play on as if it was native M&B with slavery.
But the real intention is that you play a tribesleader that has gathered an army of tribesmen and took them over the mountains to free the slaves in Calradia. (I'll make the character start with about 200 tribesmen or so)
Once they got in Calradia they were astonished by seeing the massive cultures that live on the continent and the huge numbers of slaves that work there. Buying slaves should be cheap, but if you want stronger slaves and better fighters, you should pay more. Also the lords might have a few slaves in their garrison and amongst their prisoners. Caravans will have numerous slaves with them and groups of slave traders that travel Calradia, these will have even greater numbers of imprisoned slaves. Freeing them will make you have a huge army of slaves! (I'll probably insert the renown cheat)
Slaves won't win from the armies of trained mercenaries and soldiers by skill, but by number.
Also there'll probably be smaller armies of tribesmen spawning in the south, whom also came to free their people. Then you can either fight them or have them join you depending on your relation with the slaves and tribes.
The slaves will have old stolen weapons and basically tools. (Mining tools, hammers, axes, planks, sticks, knives, staffs and self-made spears)
The tribesmen coming over the mountains will be better armed and skilled, but still just tribal weapons and not with the same craftmanship as swords and axes from native calradia. Basically more primitive. The slaves will have no horses and the tribesmen none to a few.

It's partly based on the script of the film 10000BC, but kinda gave it my own eh... "thing"

I'd like to hear what you guys think about it.
Thanks,
Tim

While it's a neat idea, I don't think slavery was as necessary in the Middle Ages, just because it was kind of already instituted with the whole serf/lord relationship. It was after Europe started colonizing that they started using slaves as forces of labor in the colonies. But assuming you aren’t going for pure historical accuracy, I think it’s a great idea. Perhaps you could borrow an idea from the old Sword of Damocles mod and make it so you can choose not to play as a slave (perhaps the reason for setting out on adventure could be made to trigger this), and you would then have to repel a tribal invasion at some point in time.
Anyway, I’m not an expert at coding, so I don’t know how hard this would be to implement, but it sounds like an interesting concept.

I posted it here, because I wanted you guys not to look at how hard it would be to code it, I can handle myself well with that :wink:
And I indeed do not really care for historical accuracy. At least not in this project. I also thought of something similar as SoD, but I think the tribes are not strong enough to defend the land that they would capture during the invasion and they would be too easily repelled by a faction like Swadia or the Nords. I really intend to be either a tribe-leader or a slave trader. that would make the challenge of battle much more interesting. Fighting against the tribes and slaves will probably be way too easy once you reached level 20+ or so.

But still, thx.

Back
Top Bottom