Open Script bugs (tournaments in forts and overwriting of king renown

Users who are viewing this thread

Tingyun

Knight at Arms
Stumbled on two minor bugs in module_scripts.py, both with very easy fixes:

1) Tournaments are starting in forts when AI lords call a feast, because the script is missing the check to confirm it is a town and not a castle (simple triggers has those checks, so they don't replenish, but it still gets initially set once when the feast is assigned.) The tournaments in forts generated by this are bugged--when they begin the player appears in an open field, and goes 1v1 against an AI. I think because the game is trying to launch a tournament in an arena scene that doesn't exist for the castles. Fixed by adding a check of (is_between, ":new_object", towns_begin, towns_end),

2) All 21 AI kings have a high initial renown set in scripts (example: (troop_set_slot, "trp_kingdom_1_lord", slot_troop_renown, 1200), ), however, it never shows up in game, because this appears before the random renown generation formula, and there is no exclusion in that one for kings, so their renown just gets overwritten and ends up the same as normal vassal lords. Fixed by moving the set renown for kings after the random renown for lords in general.

Hi mr horse, i have read a fair bit of your balanced mod stuff for Viking Conquest Reforged, nice work, you clearly know your stuff....
i didnt download it yet but might in near future...i have been playing the vanilla steam version and hoping i could reach out to you? just two i originally thought simple to fix things, yet, now, very game breaking/crippling for me.

1. battle sizer/changer doesnt seem to work? in notepad it just says 0.0000 - wont go lower than 150?
2. cant change/force-change keys of the game? just trying to change the traits key as i use this for commands instead of the f keys.

win10 lenovo laptop, it is shared graphics unfortunately, but 500mb shoudl be enough for smaller battles surely?!
AMD A12-9700P RADEON R7, 10 COMPUTE CORES 4C+6G 2.50 GHz
12.0 GB (11.4 GB usable)
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

i play on warband native captain battle a fair bit, so am comparing it to that, and i dont suffer so much on that but still occasionally combat lag similar to above, mind this could also just be server lag (at random times).

any advice welcomed,
cheers
:smile:

Back
Top Bottom