Screenshottery Thread Mk.2

Users who are viewing this thread

38DC92DCE0E43E206158383152FB9A0559B26EB1

33853BFDDEBF838968C713098EC0883054A593F7

C0ECCB19959DD6BCB07C700A95284DE64E15B26C

4D3D324A5602C7C5602C700009CFCAB6E760471F

398E8B5896F8A89D77F05A7F22B7259C6C471A61

I think one of the main reasons I can never really get fully immersed in that game is how easily Geralt frequently demonstrates he can just disarm some yokel with a shiv who came at him for a not totally despicable reason but instead of just throwing his knife away and telling the guy to **** off he brutally murders him in some drawn out way and then spends 10 minutes monologuing about how he hates hurting people and wishes people wouldn't see him as a monster. Like, maybe stop chopping up those starving peasants trying to shake you down so they don't starve when you can literally just as easily disarm them and throw their ****ty stone hatchet in the river.

Evil is Evil. Lesser, greater, middling… it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer to choose the greater one.

Yea, but I think Geralt is objectively the evil dickbag every time you light some 16 year old skeleton-thin peasant on fire because he demanded some coins from the clearly obscenely wealthy hermit.

Random peasant barely sees you galloping by: "Hey, Witcher, over here"
Random soldier: "Of course they got ****ed up, they tried dancing with a witcher"
Random thug: "YoU dOn'T lOoK sO tOuGh"

FLR9sQ8.png

Been playing Quake obsessively for months. Literally played hundreds of custom maps from Quaddicted. Best game ever made, even better than Age of Empires II.

New Halloween map pack came out on the 31st, 14 new maps innit.

Quake is the best looking game ever made. Warning: 79 screenshots.

lYimW.jpg
oXs0c.jpg
sPTpo.jpg
wQOk1.jpg
KdhIQ.jpg
Zj7i8.jpg
mqrR9.jpg
vn81_.jpg
Ne1dq.jpg
GsZCa.jpg

N9cmU.jpg
rk_g0.jpg
vovD-.jpg
Atvm6.jpg
Xcm7S.jpg
cKdud.jpg
g0iYd.jpg
VrCXP.jpg
5JF0F.jpg

NiobJ.jpg
u9cyv.jpg
ByfD4.jpg
nAE7z.jpg
dGIdr.jpg
HcCE5.jpg
EcouF.jpg
qrE7J.jpg
LY_OA.jpg

WQQw0.jpg
_l4zV.jpg
2YQoc.jpg
UUyKR.jpg
s8DRE.jpg
9l-qE.jpg
4LaTD.jpg
6pHCU.jpg
YnkZ7.jpg

p5Lb6.jpg
OSZs4.jpg
-Gfui.jpg
5l7Ib.jpg
Qw69n.jpg
0r6jN.jpg
GLxBr.jpg
_sVXY.jpg
15Cdm.jpg

pNBVt.jpg
6xQUI.jpg
JfyPM.jpg
N_3_g.jpg
g1j-h.jpg
G-Q6s.jpg
52i6r.jpg
_sDfI.jpg
oY8kg.jpg

Iq_ev.jpg
gszAQ.jpg
hslMe.jpg
cGDMk.jpg
BCLND.jpg
rkH27.jpg
XHocs.jpg
keF6Z.jpg
j3SXi.jpg

gBZXR.jpg
p8mnE.jpg
MARYM.jpg
uZR9K.jpg
IbSd9.jpg
eIB-7.jpg
CEleQ.jpg
EHSkx.jpg
W_l9a.jpg

PtJYa.jpg
aUKSv.jpg
GH-to.jpg
VUxcY.jpg
I_sIr.jpg
LDXvG.jpg

Densetsu said:
Been playing Quake obsessively for months. Literally played hundreds of custom maps from Quaddicted. Best game ever made, even better than Age of Empires II.

New Halloween map pack came out on the 31st, 14 new maps innit.

Quake is the best looking game ever made. Warning: 79 screenshots.

*snib*:grin:DDDDDD

Wow, what a **** game.

rG14L.jpg
ctT9H.jpg
OUPGz.jpg
XmoKF.jpg
Breach&Clear, cheap PC port of mobile game that apparently no longer exists. It's not good, but it isn't awful either and I like the gameplay loop.

My little Banished village.
WBjCb.png
WuXcp.png
I have to tell you that these people have some terrific appetite. I kept expanding the farmland from year to year, and sometimes the food supplies are still borderline, considering such a small population. Things eventually worked better as I proceeded to build a school to make them more efficient. After that, I built a smithy and a mine to produce steel tools.
At the beginning of the game, things may look quite stable if you supply yourself from farms, but that illusion of stability is maintained by the fact that the initial settlers are all educated. Once you expand, you'd end up with a lazy lot who can't handle a harvest until winter comes. This is why building a school early on is a pretty good idea.

Funnily enough, one of the first things I built was the graveyard, and then the church. That was around year 2 or 3. I just wanted to preserve the legacy of the first settlers. You may as well call me a pharaoh now. :razz:

One of the things the game never outright tells you is that people hoard food in their houses, often 2 seasons worth. It can get pretty bad when you don't have much food and lots of newly occupied houses, because all the farmers stock their houses first and you can easily lose your entire harvest to hoarders. Once it's inside the house you can't get it out, and it doesn't get counted in the resource table. It's the same with firewood.

One of the things the game never outright tells you is that people hoard food in their houses, often 2 seasons worth. It can get pretty bad when you don't have much food and lots of newly occupied houses, because all the farmers stock their houses first and you can easily lose your entire harvest to hoarders. Once it's inside the house you can't get it out, and it doesn't get counted in the resource table. It's the same with firewood.
Yes, exactly. I noticed that during my first playthrough, and it was way too late for me to do anything about it, so I aborted that game. I started that one by trying to sustain my village with fishing, hunting and gathering. In theory, the total amount of fish/meat collected should have been just enough to prevent my people from starving, but then some A-hole always took the entire available stockpile in his house and kept it only for himself, while his neighbors were falling flat due to hunger.
Playing this game sometimes reminds me of those communist utopias imagined by philosophers throughout history, but the food stockpiling mechanics are absolutely killing it. :razz:

It really feels like a holomodor simulator made by stalinists, yeah.
The way I dealt with it is to make farmers into gatherers for most of the year because farms grow on their own and gatherer stations are kind of overpowered. It also helps to build farms as large as possible because they're a lot more efficient due to the way pathfinding and crop gathering work. Having pasture also functions more or less the way it's supposed to, allowing you to kill a few dozen of them if famine / hoarding strikes.

Back
Top Bottom