Screenshottery Thread Mk.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Cordor said:
Comrade Temuzu said:
eNl-t.png

Local sticcbois not so tough after getting their **** slapped by a Megacrab and sons.
Hivers are for slavery
t. United ****ties

At least the Holy Nation just kills other races instead of enslaving everyone. All praise Tinfist.

l2c9D.jpg
The worst thing is, they actually work! There is another leaderless doomstack of 13 militia plus some artillery to the southeast of Bilbao, and they keep kicking my ass for some reason.

Also, the person who designed the UI of this game is the Juan Yagüe of game developers.

Some more Espana 1936; some of the game mechanics are slowly starting to make sense to me.
XJAM2.jpg
KZl2J.jpg
RsGPB.jpg
For some reason the first batch of German PzKpfw I, José Enrique Varela and Emilio Mola disappeared without a trace during the first half of 1937. They were all in different units too.

Also the Irish unit missed every shot in all the battle reports which I checked; that event even has a clover symbol... :lol:
(They were still more fortunate than the real unit though, in the end they marched into Madrid with Moscardo's corps.)

Actually... I didn't capture Madrid right away, Yagüe's corps walked into the province and put the city under siege, but the garrison sallied out immediately with what I assume were hordes of bloodthirsty Militia and got slaughtered by my hardened Legionary veterans. They repeated this so many times they basically cut down their initial force by about three quarters! You might notice that the second screenshot is on a later in-game date; there were multible battles of Madrid, with Moscardo's corps only showing up in the later ones when the Legionaries got a bit low on ammo.

Greater Dutch Empire c.1927

kcdyX7L.jpg
It's very satisfying to go from tiny Netherlands to having all of Benelux and then taking Artois from the French. You even get a decision to rename former French cities to Dutch i.e. Dunkirk becomes Duinkerke.

DoF72JP.jpg
Dutch East Indies/Cambodia/Chinese treaty ports

AowigTB.jpg
Sweden stole the show here because most of my colonial power was wrapped-up in Asia.

OnMt5FH.jpg
Dutch West Indies/Panama/Guyana
I was so desperate to build the Panama canal that I decided to steal all of Panama from the Colombians. It became a Dutch immigrant haven and the population in most provinces there is ~50% Dutch/Wallonian/Flemish.

It's probably that the shadows are miscast a few centimetres from the candlebase, which is a persistent problem with dynamic shadows on small objects. They probably can't let the candleholder itself cast a shadow without resulting in horrible artefacts.

Black and White 2: Battle of the Gods, heavily modded.

Enabling Large Address Aware has made the game run smoothly with thousands of civilians. One of the problems with the game on release was how citizens would just stand around as the game began to run out of memory, usually at around 500 people. But with LAA they're all doing something and hardly anyone stands around or sits at home for hours after sunrise. They can even respond to resource shortages by going out on-masse to the fields. But the most hilarious effect is that "disciple breeders", and regular labourers having sex in the morning* is way more efficient than even the developers would have planned, so the population quickly balloons out of control. The reason I'm playing this map is because it spawns infinite amounts of enemy soldiers, so I can basically use them to throw my (male) population away.

sqXm7.png
_SFzB.png
fWb0A.png
G27jc.png
xfFxA.png

*this is a core game mechanic

Another Espana 1936 campaign, this time as the filthy Reds.

To be honest, I don't like to play as the Republicans mostly because they are so damn bland. They certainly had cool units historically, but elite units like the 5th Regimiento are just another generic militia unit (and the Republicans have loads of those) and interesting units like the Asaltos and Guardia Civils are barely represented at all. Historically, over half of the Guardia Civil units remained loyal to the Republic, but in the game the Nationalists start with lots of GC units (over a dozen), while the Republicans...
gGvX9.jpg
Also for some reason my favorite commander, Modesto, disappeared halfway through the campaign
U0KX_.jpg
Meanwhile my hordes of militias ran over the northern half of the country, resulting in this
E_XtU.jpg

I noticed that the strategies differ a bit between the two sides; as Nationalists, you'll have to slowly squeeze the life out of the Republic and keep your professional soldiers alive. As Republicans, you just steamroll the enemy with hordes of Militias with some T-26s in support. Republicans start out with very few leaders but from 1937 onwards they get loads, many more than I even knew what do to with! Nationalists start with a healthy amount of officers but they get fewer reinforcements down the line.

Skyrim Project AHO mod
67E6C9031995928A53C6F2F76E1B94A72D8C2544

8589A2C0D43B5AC4BFE528CB75180316727411B2
67BBFF7358AB891593849116B1A6E8EA8528DB59

A28C553AF54190ACC1623AB785708023B8335CCD

I think I'll go screenshotting again with an external software to get them in PNG, the village is just beautifully decorated :grin:

Back
Top Bottom