Screenshots

Users who are viewing this thread

Leonidas300 said:
rapic1994 said:
Leonidas300 said:
Actually most of the mamluks were from christian countries, of course, they were slaves and most of them were georgians, armenians, and from baltic countries, and for example the georgian mamluks were christians as you can see in this description, but after some generations they became muslims "In Egypt Georgian mamluks retained their native language, were aware of the politics of the Caucasus region, received frequent visits from their parents or other relatives, and sent gifts to family members or gave money to build useful structures (a defensive tower, or even a church) in their native villages in Georgia."

You mean the soldiers right? Yes they came as slaves and they became rulers of armies. But most of them were Turks as stated in wikipedia "mamluks were known as ghilman (another term for slaves, broadly synonymous[11]) and were bought by the Abbasid caliphs, especially al-Mu'tasim (833-842). By the end of the 9th century, these slaves had become the dominant element in the military." and "military slaves, known as either mamluks or Ghilman, became the basis of military power throughout the Islamic world. The Fatimids of Egypt bought Armenian, Turkic and Sudanese slaves, who formed the bulk of their military and often their administration"

But if you mean the Empire itself, its built by soldiers of Salahaddin Eyyubi they were muslims and like %80 arab %20 Turkish
But Im sure there are slaves from europe and became soldiers. Its very likely thing to happen. But I dont think they had the majority.
And as everyone know information about is history is not objective this source tells different, that source tells different.

However this wont help me defeat the Crusaders :razz: Is there any good soldier combination at Mamluk Sultanate which will help me defeat them without losing my all army. 40 vs 110 and we can kill only 25 of them while my soldiers being slaughtered.

In the thirteenth century, Egyptians began recruiting mainly Christians of Georgia and Circassia as slave soldiers called Mamluks. After 1235, 70 percent of Egyptian Mamluks were Circassians or Georgians in origin and the other 30% were Kipchaks.

Not that I care so much, but can I see the source on that?

XC6ondz.jpg
Brian, Baron of Wigan and 5 time tournament champion at London. Who can now afford to purchase new armor and ditch the 200 year old set.

Here are a few screen shots from my new Anno Domini 1257 Version 1.03 Lets Play.  As of this post there are over 25 videos in the playlist and growing quickly.  Story driven with a touch of roleplaying.

Here is the link.  Enjoy.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9akOu68bLWWUF-7wTiBu7V4FQ4Bej-5-

Calvary on the Charge
uf-Ro.jpg

Infantry Lines
c6mP7.jpg
fzxO2.jpg

Infantry Charge
hHxTk.jpg
L8BCz.jpg

Seige of Bougie Castle
o1Cgx.jpg
eCyv5.jpg
SocbF.jpg

here are some of mine
wow, nice castle
hxsrq.jpg
what a cowards
X7kVA.jpg
what cowards deserves
SxPeH.jpg
siege of moscow
NKb8w.jpg
saphet
HX9ZO.jpg
damnmassacres
CVwux.jpg
wow, a horse in a siege
y8sk-.jpg
horse arching like a boss
NYZz-.jpg

OXwz3Rw.jpg

Intisar, a female mujahideen (female islamic warrior? it wasn't possible in those times but... nevermind) of Mamluk Sultanate. As for now she is but a mercenary though, I don't like to start the game as a lord.

rapic1994 said:
Leonidas300 said:
rapic1994 said:
Here is the army of mine. Not very big and strong gets crushed all the time but they are my soldiers and I love them  :cool:
2ey8dnd.jpg

You shall not pass  :twisted:

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAH!!!
akh8.jpg

:lol:
I Know bro I have like army of 110 Cavalary and BAM! 40 Crusaders kill them all immediately. Its not like I dont know any tactics or something. They are just too powerful for me.(But close without saving always saves my party :razz:) Btw thats some evil creature you got there  :mrgreen:

Alfredthegreat said:
that's a lot of boyars :shock:

They are not boyars They are Mamluke Elits and only have 110 of them.

"Crusaders". Which troops do you refer to?

Today I decided to spend a couple of the last summer days in good old M&B (haven't been playing for about a year I guess) and soon found myself roleplaying something Italians were used to call "la poste di falcone"  :smile:
LIwm2qj.png

8DLZVAW.png

Back
Top Bottom