Screenshots and videos

Users who are viewing this thread

MJPdiablo said:
Only thing i hate about this mod is the big epic anime like sword.It's just so.....out of the picture
The only people that can use that sword is your father (who dies) and you.

This sword is called the Dragonslayer, from Berserk (me being a huge fan of it). But it shouldn't be in this mod, it just doesn't fit.

The size of the sword is also off.

MJPdiablo said:
Only thing i hate about this mod is the big epic anime like sword.It's just so.....out of the picture
Synelor said:
This sword is called the Dragonslayer, from Berserk (me being a huge fan of it). But it shouldn't be in this mod, it just doesn't fit.

The size of the sword is also off.

Slytacular said:
MJPdiablo said:
TitoWasFat said:
Then don't use it.
That's what i'm going to do
How do I take out that weapon from the game? It looks really stupid.

Actually the weapon is a zanbato.
A Zanbato (斬馬刀 Zanbatō?, literally "horse-slaying sword" or "horse-chopping saber") is an especially large type of Japanese sword, the historical use of which is disputed. The sword closely resembles the Nodachi or ōdachi, however it differs from the Nodachi by having a ricasso of approximately 12 to 18 inches (30-45 cm). This lends more credence to the theory of the sword having a practical use in feudal Japan. The increased length of the blade, along with the extra grip, would give it dual use both as a sword and as a polearm for attacking advancing cavalry. This style of Zanbatō sword can be found for sale in rural tourist shops and stands in Kyoto and Nara prefectures of Japan. This sword may have been inspired by the Chinese zhan ma dao (see below), as both were said to have been used for killing the horse and rider in one swing.

Such extremely long and curved Zanbatō swords did exist, and were solely used for ceremonial purposes. Experienced smiths often took it upon themselves to prove their talent by creating these so-called "Zanbatō" as a personal challenge. This led to the extremely long blades often seen in ancient depictions, some of which were so long (a dozen feet or more) that they could hardly be mistaken for something other than display pieces.

It's fine that you people don't know about it, alot of people like to argue about japanese lore without studying it first.

I do not think they are debating the existence of the actual zanbato in the game so much as the "great zanbato," which is about the same size and likely heft as that of Cloud's buster sword, and shares the same stats in this mod. Those two weapons are the only fantasy weapons in the mod, and aside from in shops to purchase, the only time anyone carries one is the player's father in the beginning. Also, not to poke fun or anything, but I'm not sure copying a Wikipedia entry counts as studying.

mb7r.jpg

Some screenshots from my time playing this sweet mod. The first few screenshots are from my game as a travelling monk. The last one is of my Uesugi general. I hope you guys enjoy the screenies!

Practicing with my katana.
YraMf.jpg

Resting beneath the cherry blossom.
dFJFy.jpg

The other monks and I encountered some looters.
508DZ.jpg

We cut them down like bamboo!
0d6Ln.jpg

We rest after the battle.
x2vsH.jpg

Me staring into the sunset. How majestic!
eGyfA.jpg

My general after a victory over some bandits.
bMDMe.jpg

Back
Top Bottom