Screenshot Mega Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eктωρ said:
in one of these games I got ruined because in a span of four years, over 100 people (and that's a lot for the game) died in rebel attacks alone, leaving the workforce completely crippled.

That sure is a lot of casualties in Tropico, 25 a year is insane  :lol: It makes me wonder why we don't have graveyards around the churches, it'd be interesting to see them grow over the years.

Tropico 5 is fun, but my enjoyment is actually severely hampered by the fact that buildings are so much less alive than in Tropico 4. I miss my ranches letting their animals free-roam around my shanty town instead of just a couple of cows standing in a tiny pin forever.

My first tropico 5 game, I ran a military dictatorship with a massively ballooning population, with a significant rebel population that I tacitly cultivated to weed out the dissidents. Once a rebel attack and a general uprising occurred in the early 2000s, and by the end of it, my two hundred man+ military had ended it at the cost of 400 lives, out of the 2,200 in the city.

How do you get more than 1k people on your island? I keep reaching that amount and tahts it. 100+ homeless even with the edics that help improve their wealth and home finding. ended up with buildings that needed Broke status with only 1 family out of 10 in there. On top of that noone even mans the uneducated jobs and when i bring people in they are just like "lol nope, going to high school instead"

hirovard said:
How do you get more than 1k people on your island? I keep reaching that amount and tahts it. 100+ homeless even with the edics that help improve their wealth and home finding. ended up with buildings that needed Broke status with only 1 family out of 10 in there. On top of that noone even mans the uneducated jobs and when i bring people in they are just like "lol nope, going to high school instead"

Sounds like real life.  :iamamoron:

hirovard said:

You build a dozen military bases, enable conscription so that every pleb is allowed to hold a rifle, make food cost money, make every high school job earn jack ****, and make the military the only profitable job and force everyone into the military.
(Warning: Coup d'etat's are nothing but capitalist propaganda, noone would dare to fight against El Presidente, not even that rat Penultimo!)

Almalexia said:
My first tropico 5 game, I ran a military dictatorship with a massively ballooning population, with a significant rebel population that I tacitly cultivated to weed out the dissidents. Once a rebel attack and a general uprising occurred in the early 2000s, and by the end of it, my two hundred man+ military had ended it at the cost of 400 lives, out of the 2,200 in the city.

What I often do is simply make most services too expensive for the poor, and let them have only the ****ty services. I then set my stuff to low budget so people are poorer, creating a huge wealth gap. This coupled with wealthy only vote is sure to give you a ton of rebels. Last time I did this I literally had monthly rebel attacks, with 3-4 groups each, resulting in a bloody civil war. It was something like this that led to the hilarious screenshot of an uprising, rebel attack and invasion happening at the same time.

qbjnubk.jpg
aMYBcmz.jpg
hK148wB.jpg

Ljas said:
v2ydZ.jpg
How? How do you even get into a firing position against Illustrious?  :shock: I have met it two times (with the taskforce, though), each time it was doing well over 20 knots and thus the only possible maneuvering on my part was flank speed on surface which is not that great given radar and screens.

Also, dat sniper shot.

No screens, too early for radar. That's the closest I could get since I had to be going at flank speed on the surface. Also save scummed like a mother****er a couple of times.
I did encounter a second one, but it was daytime and a fan shot from nine kilometers away missed.

Edit: Uhm, correction. I had my latest save nine kilometers away from said carrier and I used your suggestion of 20 knots to score a hit with a 20 degree fan shot  :party:
bqINo.jpg

Edit2: Decided to sneak towards it at periscope depth.
I_VU2.jpg
fsAWj.jpg

Underwater saving is discouraged by GWX manual so I avoid it like the plague. Never had any loading crashes with ships in visual range though. Not even with convoys.

Ljas said:
No screens, too early for radar. That's the closest I could get since I had to be going at flank speed on the surface. Also save scummed like a mother****er a couple of times.
I did encounter a second one, but it was daytime and a fan shot from nine kilometers away missed.

Edit: Uhm, correction. I had my latest save nine kilometers away from said carrier and I used your suggestion of 20 knots to score a hit with a 20 degree fan shot  :party:
bqINo.jpg

Edit2: Decided to sneak towards it at periscope depth.
I_VU2.jpg
fsAWj.jpg

Whats that games name? All these screenshots make me want to go Lusitania 2.0

Naval Action: As a way of apologizing for some server issues, the devs are giving everyone a free new ship, the Bucentaure. Now, being a frigate captain, I don't have nearly enough crew to optimally man that big of a ship, but since I've been looking forward to seeing the Bucentaure in game for quite a while, I had to give her a try.

42EAE431CA17DA7BA6A9BB05DC00CF605E544BFF
50DF04E2227D4954568E3D80DC54C4621F63A93B
E1ABDF34628DA5A4087B681BE63EB20ADCF8160D
8304F643354C7724A13F9FFA5DC9D3E8EEA9915B
666B0B862D9C0089E6AC87497C0DC44CDC5A09C5
2697FE90C98DD0F7CD42202C4962CF4D55756AE5
4E30EED0F69E9E15867053B7CD3212587A17E650

This particular Bucentaure is a bit more lightly built than I would've preferred (she's made of teak, whereas I prefer live oak), but seeing as I got her long before I normally would've been able to, I'm not complaining. She seems to do alright even with my ~350 crew, which is pleasantly surprising, given that she's meant to have a crew of 840. She also carries 42-pounder cannons, and you really can't argue with that. :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom