Screenshot Mega Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comrade Temuzu said:
K-64 said:
96BAF12046D9CC135A0AC65204A59FD6A42BB0EB
**** destroyers man, my frigates got their ass blown all the way back to Kharak the first time I met them.

That's because you use salvage corvettes on them, ya dingus! Seriously, about 80% of your fleet should be stolen from the enemy. :razz:

Total War: Atillia

9tO2g.jpg
bM4nk.jpg
DiXvx.jpg
dgAo4.jpg
TKW-A.jpg
byQ8p.jpg
2Pna_.jpg
kl0pX.jpg
87AO3.jpg
Vhe-E.jpg
mFDyN.jpg
j7QJm.jpg
OQrd5.jpg
Lr3vY.jpg
GuLDh.jpg
FKuOQ.jpg
Wsm2H.jpg
vLcpf.jpg
FWZ1B.jpg
glhz9.jpg
h_E1n.jpg
fUfZa.jpg
5y2J7.jpg
skXaq.jpg
uQ-Fh.jpg
1VeSi.jpg
UD_iE.jpg
AU60T.jpg
HupDd.jpg
60kag.jpg
-P0fh.jpg
R05IK.jpg

Dodes said:

9tO2g.jpg
bM4nk.jpg
DiXvx.jpg
dgAo4.jpg
TKW-A.jpg
byQ8p.jpg
2Pna_.jpg
kl0pX.jpg
87AO3.jpg
Vhe-E.jpg
mFDyN.jpg
j7QJm.jpg
OQrd5.jpg
Lr3vY.jpg
GuLDh.jpg
FKuOQ.jpg
Wsm2H.jpg
vLcpf.jpg
FWZ1B.jpg
glhz9.jpg
h_E1n.jpg
fUfZa.jpg
5y2J7.jpg
skXaq.jpg
uQ-Fh.jpg
1VeSi.jpg
UD_iE.jpg
AU60T.jpg
HupDd.jpg
60kag.jpg
-P0fh.jpg
R05IK.jpg
Try disabling more UI elements, like the useless stat cards to the left. Maybe then you'll see enough not to lose against the AI. :razz:

Bloc said:
Dodes said:

mFDyN.jpg
Am I the only one who thinks arrows looks really ugly?
It's because arrow trails are turned on so I can actually see who is firing at whom and how much.

jacobhinds said:
If they made fire arrows look like fire arrows they'd be invisible from the types of zoom levels people typically use, and in most TW games fire arrows are completely useless besides aesthetics. Like the ICBM catapults they probably just wanted a stereotypical cinematic effect.
There are four arrow types now (usually) and they actually show what the different types do. Fire arrows give a morale penalty with a lower reload rate. Heavy shot has higher armor penetration with a lower reload rate. Whistling arrows give a slight morale penalty for all units they fly over with a high reload rate. And the forth is just regular arrows. Artillery is definitely a bit ridiculous though. It's hard to acquire though, coming only from mercenaries and a lvl 3 industrial building chain.

Do the Romans have separate spear and sword infantry then? Is that how it was in real life at this time? I can't think why they would go from having sword infantry (old legion) with a large javelin which was utilised as a spear when needed (ie against cavalry) to having dedicated sword and spear troops.

It appears that your infantry got beaten up in the first Sassanid battle by enemy spearmen, who looked lightly equipped in the typical Persian style of big shield and little armour. Is that the case or was it the enemy missiles which hurt you most? I know this period is about the end of Roman supremacy, but if Roman infantry can't match what look like crappy infantrymen, how does a Roman faction avoid getting snuffed out entirely?

Short answer: it can't. I'm watching heroofcarthage and legendoftotalwar, and the roman main line infantry craps itself in melee. Despite their magic doomstacks, they lose a lot of territory really early on and most of the former empire ends up being razed. That's a real immersion breaker for me.

The pilum wasn't really a spear, it was a javelin. Although from what I've read there does seem to be different variations (some had stronger iron for the whole metal part, while others had a soft metal section so it would bend after getting stuck in an enemies shield causing them to discard the shield, and couldn't be thrown back at them) and they got lighter by Atilla's time period. It wasn't really an anti-cav weapon though, although it would work better than their swords.

Pila are unsuitable for melee. During the Marian reforms there was a thing similar to the testudo where they'd bunch up and stick the pila out to deter cavalry, but for the most part they had separate divisions of spearmen. I believe it was similar during the migration period, but with far more spearmen.

jacobhinds said:
If they made fire arrows look like fire arrows they'd be invisible from the types of zoom levels people typically use, and in most TW games fire arrows are completely useless besides aesthetics. Like the ICBM catapults they probably just wanted a stereotypical cinematic effect.

In Praetorians they did it so the smoke from flaming arrows was affected by wind. It was as unreal as this TW thing but at least it didn't look like a rocket assisted projectile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom