Screen Capture Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

diessa

Sergeant at Arms
Every modification needs a screen capture thread! Everyone has stories to tell, so this thread gives us a place to share them. Post screen captures, captions, and commentary about your Silverstag experience. Future, present, and past versions are welcome. If you're playing v0.14, there are things that interesting for everyone to see. Maybe you have a vault of odd or funny screen captures to share? If you're testing v0.15, there is a lot to show!

If you want to see something in v0.15.7, please ask me; I'll locate and document the feature that you're interested in, and everyone can see it. To begin:

Information Page series (Part One)

You can view information about a center by a new information page. It has center information, recruitment, finances, and construction. Quests will be added in another version. The additions to the user interface is a "little thing" that affects parts of the game that we interact with constantly.

ss-neutral-center-information.jpg
ss-owned-center-information.jpg
ss-troop-equipment.jpg
ss-veteran-troop.jpg
ss-village-recruitment.jpg

Note: screen captures are of test content, and they are 90% quality to reduce their size.

Coming up in Part Two of the Information Page series: construction, finances, and unique troops.

Information Page series (Part Two)

The information provided by the interface is substantial. You can see the impact of metrics, such as kingdom settings or your renown, on your fiefs. At locations with unique units, the units appear at the end of the faction troop list in the Recruitment interface.

ss-construction.jpg
ss-finances.jpg
ss-information-owned.jpg
ss-information-friendly.jpg
ss-unique-troops.jpg

Note: screen captures are of test content, and they are 90% quality to reduce their size.

The first part of the expanded map, where a new kingdom will be:

ss-enlarged-map-tundra.jpg

Dawgofwar made new equipment. Here are some of the new helmets:

ss-new-helmets.jpg

Windyplains and Dawgofwar redid the requirement system. Strength requirements for medium and heavy armours are larger:

ss-helmet-requirements.jpg
ss-armour-requirements.jpg

I'll post some pictures of the abilities system, but is there anything that you would like to see?

hugeknight said:
is the expanded are of the map going to be where the new factions going to be?

Yes, from what I've heard, some villages will be redistributed, but the new areas N/NE of the Vaegirs and S/SW of the Rhodoks and Sarranids will be for the new kingdoms.

Nice work Diessa - looks like I am going to have to take away Bloodlust and rechristen you as Silvertongue Truthspeaker, Lord Chancellor to the Great and Good Windy and his Dawg of War.  :mrgreen:

ruralvirginian said:
Nice work Diessa - looks like I am going to have to take away Bloodlust and rechristen you as Silvertongue Truthspeaker, Lord Chancellor to the Great and Good Windy and his Dawg of War.  :mrgreen:

haha, thanks.

Now, let's get some screen captures!

One of the items that Diessa did not catch is that the development team is looking at changing to a lighter inventory background screen.  The current dark background makes black items (such as hoods and olives) invisible and darker items difficult to see.  It may be a small detail, but often it is the small details that turn a good game into a great game.

Good post, ruralvirginian. My posts aren't comprehensive. Everyone has something to share, and there are certainly other features that haven't been included in this thread!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

While were all out looking at the new territory north of Rivacheg and southeast of Jakela we somehow missed this entire section to the east of the Khergit Khanate.  It is huge with entries northeast of Bariyye and east of Dugan.  There is even a new mountain pass east of Nelag Castle! Could this be the Khergit highlands home of Baheshtur?

"I am Baheshtur, son of Azabei, grandson of Badzan. Were you not a barbarian, you would likely know from my lineage that I am a Roan Horse Khergit of the highlands, of the tribe of Shamir, of the clan of Dulam, of the family of Ubayn, from the Pantash valley, and you might be able to guess why I am so far from home."

"For as long as any one can remember, our people have feuded with the tribe of Humyan, many of whom have settled in the next valley over. Many men have died in this feud, on both sides, including two of my brothers. The Khan himself has ordered us to cease, to save men for the wars in Calradia. But I know my rights, and my brothers' blood cries out for vengeance. I waylaid and killed a Humyan on a track over the mountains, and I rode out of our village the same night, without even having had the chance to bid farewell to my father. I will bide my time in Calradia, for a year or two, then return home when the Khan's men have forgotten. The Humyan will not forget, of course, but such is the price of honor."

I loved the annotated screen capture and story, RV! Would you be able to document the changes near the southern area of the map?

diessa said:
I loved the annotated screen capture and story, RV! Would you be able to document the changes near the southern area of the map?

Sure - let me climb on my trusty steed and gallop off towards Shariz.  I'll take some shots with the Polaroid Instant Camera I picked at the 7-11 just outta Habba (they make the best date-fruit slurpies plus they gave my warband a 10% group discount !) and whip up some screenshots for y'all.

As requested.  The lands to the south of Jelkela and east of Shariz - the possible future home of Geroia, the home of Lezalit,

"I am the second son of the count of Geroia, of whom you have no doubt heard. Having no inheritance of my own, I came here to seek my fortune in Calradia, training men in the art of battle. Unfortunately, the lord here has no taste for the disciplinary methods needed to turn rabble into soldiers. I told him it was wiser to flog them now, then bury them later. But he would not listen, and I was told to take my services elsewhere."

Marnid began his ill-fated merchant journey from Geroia:

"It's a tragic tale, sir."

"A while back, I left Geroia with a caravan of goods. I was hoping to sell it all in Sargoth and make a hefty sum. But, what do you know... we were ambushed by a party of Khergit raiders who rode away with most of the horses and goods. And two days later, my own caravan guards ran away with the rest of what I had."

"So here I am, no money and no way home."

ruralvirginian said:
As requested.  The lands to the south of Jelkela and east of Shariz - the possible future home of Geroia, the home of Lezalit,

"I am the second son of the count of Geroia, of whom you have no doubt heard. Having no inheritance of my own, I came here to seek my fortune in Calradia, training men in the art of battle. Unfortunately, the lord here has no taste for the disciplinary methods needed to turn rabble into soldiers. I told him it was wiser to flog them now, then bury them later. But he would not listen, and I was told to take my services elsewhere."

Marnid began his ill-fated merchant journey from Geroia:

"It's a tragic tale, sir."

"A while back, I left Geroia with a caravan of goods. I was hoping to sell it all in Sargoth and make a hefty sum. But, what do you know... we were ambushed by a party of Khergit raiders who rode away with most of the horses and goods. And two days later, my own caravan guards ran away with the rest of what I had."

"So here I am, no money and no way home."

Actually I put a mountain pass right above Shariz  so those lands are accessible from two directions.

You can read about abilities on the Silverstag Wikia. Here are two screen captures:

ss-ability-unlock.jpg
ss-ability-test.jpg

More v0.15.9 footage to come!

It should be noted that the "Ability Testing" menu shown above is nothing something folks will have access to.  This was turned on for beta testers to check out how the abilities function.  In future versions of the mod I'll be creating a user interface to allow players to choose their own abilities (up to 3) at specific levels, but that hasn't been built yet and won't be prior to 0.15's release.

Back
Top Bottom