Scrap the "main story"

What to do with the main story?

• Keep working on it

Votes: 66 31.7%
  • Polish it, and leave it as it is (+ Add an option to ignore it entirely)

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • Remove it completely for a while, continue work once (if) the rest of the game's completed

Votes: 32 15.4%
  • Only keep the basic combat tutorial, no forced family or narrative, scrap everything else (+)

Votes: 36 17.3%
  • Replace it with a Warband-like side-mission-sort of tutorial (meaning also +)

Votes: 23 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 7 3.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

reading comprehension
Sorry corrected.
I have got to wonder if this is the typical nonsense from the "it hate Taleworlds" segment, you see proof that someone likes something you dont, so they clearly must be Taleworld fanboy yesmen whose opinion you can just sweep aside as its clearly not valid for going against what YOU belive... I want both a story and a sandbox mode, just as we got with Viking Conquest, it worked fine there once they got the bugs out and was a great way to get into the game for newer players.

Sorry corrected.
I have got to wonder if this is the typical nonsense from the "it hate Taleworlds" segment, you see proof that someone likes something you dont, so they clearly must be Taleworld fanboy yesmen whose opinion you can just sweep aside as its clearly not valid for going against what YOU belive... I want both a story and a sandbox mode, just as we got with Viking Conquest, it worked fine there once they got the bugs out and was a great way to get into the game for newer players.
It's not. :wink:

It tells players how to reach a clan tier 1 from starting out.

It helps guide people to learn the map as they have to explore it to find the people needed to complete the one investigating the battle. It also pushes people to either joint a faction or make a faction as a vassal.

The story gives them some family members to boost their party and use as trust worthy party leaders. I use my brother to lead the first party that isn't mine. I also then find a good steward and leadership wife to use as the second. Be good if a mission can push you to getting married to someone.

The tutorial also helps get you started with recruiting, buying food, attacking a lair.

It tells players how to reach a clan tier 1 from starting out.

It helps guide people to learn the map as they have to explore it to find the people needed to complete the one investigating the battle. It also pushes people to either joint a faction or make a faction as a vassal.

The story gives them some family members to boost their party and use as trust worthy party leaders. I use my brother to lead the first party that isn't mine. I also then find a good steward and leadership wife to use as the second. Be good if a mission can push you to getting married to someone.

The tutorial also helps get you started with recruiting, buying food, attacking a lair.
All of this isn't a valid argument for including set story events in itself since it could all be done without them. There is other arguments that you could make for it but I think M&B's DNA and what makes it unique is it's sandbox nature. IMO the work on the story stuff is wasted energy they could have put in more sandbox related features or missions specificly.
touche.... :grin:
:grin:

It's tedious and unimaginative game design. Besides this is only true for your very first Bannerlord playthrough, after that you know the lay of the land. But yet again you have to embark upon your soporific search for uninspired dialogue and story-telling. I hate the first quest in the story and have taken to enabling the console and teleporting around the map in order to get it done and get it gone as quickly as possible.

The story as a whole clearly isn't going anywhere judging by the last update, which would be fine if they made it more interesting. As it stands it feels like a chore one gets out of the way in order to get into the real meat of the game.

I am sorry, but the story is profoundly shallow and dull. Viking Conquest's story is better and it isn't winning any awards. I just hope they have enough sense to give the option of playing with a different Character each time through. So tired of the same Valandia brother, just so boring.

I am sorry, but the story is profoundly shallow and dull. Viking Conquest's story is better and it isn't winning any awards. I just hope they have enough sense to give the option of playing with a different Character each time through. So tired of the same Valandia brother, just so boring.
... You know it changes each time right? His name, appearance etc?

Inappropriate language
This forum is beyond retarded. most people voting to keep it?
Do you guys literally have no understanding of what type of things is keeping this game in the ****ter it currently finds itself in? It's precisely because of bloat features that add nothing to the game like the "main storyline", or the much-desired "boats boats boats!!1" that every vikingboo and his mother is screaming after. There are so many missing core features that are absolutely essential for an enjoyable M&B game that are missing from Bannerlord, and people think it's a good idea to encourage Taleworlds to continue pursuing the completely failed venture known as turning sandbox M&B into a campaign story-driven M&B? I hate this industry and I hate consumers so much.

... You know it changes each time right? His name, appearance etc?
Nobody ****ing cares.
This forum may actually be low-standard enough to find the main story sooooooo grippingggg!! But most of us with a semblence of standards don't want this stupid "story" being forced on our characters.

Last edited:
Nobody ****ing cares.
This forum may actually be low-standard enough to find the main story sooooooo grippingggg!! But most of us with a semblence of standards don't want this stupid "story" being forced on our characters.
Instead of shouting and ranting; why don't you explain what features you would rather see?

Instead of shouting and ranting; why don't you explain what features you would rather see?
Do you always larp a 56 year old boomer who pretends to be offended by censored cuss words?

There's tons and tons of threads on the forums that have compiled long lists of missing features from Bannerlord that the game needs, go look one of them up instead.

Do you always larp a 56 year old boomer who pretends to be offended by censored cuss words?

There's tons and tons of threads on the forums that have compiled long lists of missing features from Bannerlord that the game needs, go look one of them up instead.
Well it's more it's against the forum rules you realise? :ROFLMAO:

So you are angry but you can't be bothered to explain why you are angry? You hate the story - but you can't offer a single feature you would rather see worked on?

also double posting is against the forum rules by the way...

Well it's more it's against the forum rules you realise? :ROFLMAO:

So you are angry but you can't be bothered to explain why you are angry? You hate the story - but you can't offer a single feature you would rather see worked on?
Shhh.... he does not realize its because og people like him, that these forums have issues... let him live in his little bubble...

Do you guys literally have no understanding of what type of things is keeping this game in the ****ter it currently finds itself in? It's precisely because of bloat features that add nothing to the game like the "main storyline", or the much-desired "boats boats boats!!1" that every vikingboo and his mother is screaming after. There are so many missing core features that are absolutely essential for an enjoyable M&B game that are missing from Bannerlord, and people think it's a good idea to encourage Taleworlds to continue pursuing the completely failed venture known as turning sandbox M&B into a campaign story-driven M&B? I hate this industry and I hate consumers so much.

Chill out bro.

TW clearly targeted BL to a new audience, and audience used to have quick solutions, able only to read meme-like texts, who likes to be taken by the hand and catered all the way through the game (archers are OP, nerf the bows, how do I make money, how do i play the game etc etc).
Think of how many games have issues because the tutorial is not enough "tutoring".

Business-wise TW made the right (short term) decision, the results of this survey are clear, they attracted masses of new players.

Where do we stand as lovers of true sandbox RPGs? We are in minority nowadays, collateral damage....

TW clearly targeted BL to a new audience, and audience used to have quick solutions, able only to read meme-like texts, who likes to be taken by the hand and catered all the way through the game (archers are OP, nerf the bows, how do I make money, how do i play the game etc etc).
Think of how many games have issues because the tutorial is not enough "tutoring".

Business-wise TW made the right (short term) decision, the results of this survey are clear, they attracted masses of new players.

Where do we stand as lovers of true sandbox RPGs? We are in minority nowadays, collateral damage....
lol as a lover of Warband with over 6000 hours, i approve of the story mode, i loved that VC had both a story and a Sandbox mode. So just because you dont like something, please dont include all of us in your statement.

I've been playing this game since Zendar was in it... speak for yourself.

Well, more objectively, with actual metrics, the subreddit's subscriber count more than doubled on Bannerlord's release date.

Back
Top Bottom