Native Completed Scramble League America(SLA) Congrats to Slayer of Men Elite!

Users who are viewing this thread

Guaccmoleboy said:
The scramble league will still be bad or worse if the draft happens. There's nothing you can do to help the scene, all minor tournaments at this point will have 0 activity in NA. We're a dead community and nobody has any motivation to play. Wait for the next LAN or some major tourney (doubtful those will happen). It is wishful thinking to believe that anything else will help this scene or the tournament.

While I don't agree with the bottom half of his statement I believe the top is true. Not enough people care about tournaments and the ones drafted to a losing team will act just as childish later as they are now.

I love it how people keep asking for a draft (me included), and then start complaining when Nevino finally agrees to do one. Get your heads on straight, warband community

Roberta_Baratheon said:
Bunch of crying children on here, if you lost week one then just get better. Boo **** hoo. My team performed below my standards of excellence and they will be punished accordingly, especially Jeff, who is trash.

Yes helo our team won like 12/2 and we want a draft more than anyone else

Guaccmoleboy said:
There's nothing you can do to help the scene, all minor tournaments at this point will have 0 activity in NA. We're a dead community and nobody has any motivation to play. Wait for the next LAN or some major tourney (doubtful those will happen). It is wishful thinking to believe that anything else will help this scene or the tournament.

Blue Bloods scrimmed more in Mole's Tolls (one of the shortest tournaments) than wK had scrimmed in the past 4 years combined. Blue Bloods scrimmed different teams almost every other day, frequently managing to scrim against 2 or 3 different teams in a single day... Pub play has died, but players wanting to play an hour or two of organized warband every other day are still around, probably even more so than before because battle pubs are completely dead now. That's why the Rat Parties always max out immediately after they are announced.

Just stop being emo about the scene and start scheduling some more scrims. Organization and communication go a long way as a captain. If you don't have the time to do it, delegate the responsibility of setting up scrims to someone that will actually do it. If your team is truly inactive enough to not be able to scrim or make it to official matches, then you need a new team, cuz that's obviously not going to work out.

DarkLight said:
damn im sure glad im an euro!
>tfw I will never be a euro master race...
In all seriousness, I find Europeans real sticklers, very bland and boring most of the time, doesnt talk much (probably because language barriers, I know you speak English but still.) They have potential to be alright but there is just a lot more fun in NA. People talk trash back and forth and can you know, TAKE A JOKE!?

There are the trade offs

Yes, I can not scrim because my team is too inactive. I think putting a lot of Europeans onto one team was not a good idea but I understand why these players were given to me in the first place. In our official match, we had to recruit Creampie as we could not field enough players. Our team is a mess and is a reason why I want to step down from captaining, should the redraft happen. It also occurred to me that I will probably be too busy in the next months for captaining work which is also why I stepped down. The main reason this scramble league is failing is not from a lack of competent player skill or administration, but from inactivity and lack of commitment from competitive players in general. From my understanding, 2 or 3 teams were unable to field enough players either to be able to play, or play at a competitive level. The EU scramble league was successful (or atleast, the second iteration I played in) because the tournament ran alongside another in order to maintain a level of dedication from players that a scramble league alone can not achieve. There is no major prizepool (which doesn't really work in the first place) or recent major tournament to hype up our community enough to the level in play we saw from WFL, arguably the most successful scramble league (when rob left...). It's just not a smart decision to believe this tournament could be successful without any of these factors. No one enjoys playing with random players over their own competitive team, which is why there was increased activity in my tournament.

Also, we had very different situations within Mole's Tolls that contribute to my thinking. No one in my team had any motivation to play besides me or Aporta, with the latter having questionable activity due to real life situations. My team was inactive even though we managed to scrap up a scrim once or twice a week because of our mindset, and I think the same could be said for OE seeing as they were missing Sotamursu in the finals among other players (if this is different please correct me). Blue Bloods was successful because you guys were probably the only really active team that was in the community at the time. Rat Parties do fill up quickly, but the majority comes from Blue Bloods. A large attendance does not mean a large community, it just means that the same players keep coming to each event.

In my career in playing in this dying scene, I could honestly tell you this is the most inactive I have seen NA, and this activity will keep decreasing. Complaining about unbalanced teams at this point is moreso just complaining about the dying state of our scene as a whole.

I mean WFL only had interest because of the prize pool, at least initially. Your an idiot if you say otherwise. Except the prize pool was never real and the admin team kept that hidden till the end even though all the donors had disappeared before week two.

The only reason that tournament started off poorly was the late signups and Sigi and Can holding the tournament hostage by threatening to quit and disband a team so they could get players.

If Guacc wants to quit then just throw his players onto teams and give a bye week to teams. You keep saying you'll get more captains but I don't even think the captains we have currently are good and you want to replace them with who? Someone has to want to be captain or it just ruins the team. Maccle has been **** and since I don't want to name names, any captain that's had one or less scrim really isn't doing a standout job. If you don't have the people in charge excited about it then no one will be.

The only captains I think have done a stellar job so far are Nikkle, Nevino and myself. The others show a lack of interest/busy schedule.

I'll keep captaining for my team if this isn't redrafted because I made the commitment. It's just better for me to drop out now instead of being inactive midweek in the redrafted version.

Roberta_Baratheon said:
I mean WFL only had interest because of the prize pool, at least initially. Your an idiot if you say otherwise. Except the prize pool was never real and the admin team kept that hidden till the end even though all the donors had disappeared before week two.

The only reason that tournament started off poorly was the late signups and Sigi and Can holding the tournament hostage by threatening to quit and disband a team so they could get players.

If Guacc wants to quit then just throw his players onto teams and give a bye week to teams. You keep saying you'll get more captains but I don't even think the captains we have currently are good and you want to replace them with who? Someone has to want to be captain or it just ruins the team. Maccle has been **** and since I don't want to name names, any captain that's had one or less scrim really isn't doing a standout job. If you don't have the people in charge excited about it then no one will be.

The only captains I think have done a stellar job so far are Nikkle, Nevino and myself. The others show a lack of interest/busy schedule.
i had 3 scrims

Guaccmoleboy said:
Our team is a mess and is a reason why I want to step down from captaining, should the redraft happen. It also occurred to me that I will probably be too busy in the next months for captaining work which is also why I stepped down.
There's nothing wrong with not being able to captain if RL circumstances don't allow you to. I'd say it's even preferable if you do step down to make it clear to your team that they shouldn't be expecting captain work from you. Only people with the time and desire should be allowed to captain teams.

Guaccmoleboy said:
The main reason this scramble league is failing is not from a lack of competent player skill or administration, but from inactivity and lack of commitment from competitive players in general. From my understanding, 2 or 3 teams were unable to field enough players either to be able to play, or play at a competitive level.
I don't think it's failing due to player skill or administration either, but I don't think it's solely players either. I don't think many of the captains themselves are actually taking the tournament as seriously as they should. Our captain Maccle kind of disappeared for a few days to move into university, but didn't bother delegating setting up the official match to anyone on the team. I don't expect him to not move in to uni to set up a match, but I do expect him to either set the match up beforehand and let everyone know, or let someone on the team know they need to set the match up because he won't be able to. As said previously stated, if you don't have the time or have things coming up, you should really look into finding at the very least a temporary replacement. (Maccle did get us a few scrims early in the week though, so he has done some things for our team thus far)

Guaccmoleboy said:
No one enjoys playing with random players over their own competitive team, which is why there was increased activity in my tournament.
Most of the teams in your tournament were made up of random players... especially Blue Bloods. The only remaining clans in NA are tK, OE, TSB, and to a lesser degree, DoF. Every other team is a concoction of leftover players from older clans that no longer play, as well as some newer players.

Guaccmoleboy said:
A large attendance does not mean a large community, it just means that the same players keep coming to each event.
Large attendance is the one you need for successful tournament... Mole's Tolls only had 6 teams, WWCs ran fine with only 4 teams. A large community is always nice, but it isn't absolutely necessary for a successful small tournament.

If we can't come up with 8 active captains for this tournament, it will be a sub-optimal tournament no matter what system we try using. We only need 8 people out of the 110+ in this tournament to step up and do some work. Don't forget that many players in this tournament are new to the scene, and need special guidance in the beginning.

With a redraft these captain s have said they'll step down, I'll put reasoning next to each one.

Nikkle: Didn't enjoy it
Roberta: is against restart and draft format
Guacc: irl circumstances.

People who I have talked about captaining.

Lagstro
Wastee
Umm(As last resort)

I also might have to step down due to irl circumstances but I'll run the tourney regardless. If no other captain can be found I will captain to make the numbers, if anyone is willing at all please let me know.

Back
Top Bottom