Native Completed Scramble League America(SLA) Congrats to Slayer of Men Elite!

Users who are viewing this thread

Roberta_Baratheon said:
I like my team but if all the other captains are wishing for a draft as well then I also will. I think a option could be... leave teams how they are and do a draft. Then if the drafted teams look like **** then go back to the old teams.

I agree with this fine man. Nevin at least give it a try!

I was for random teams at the beginning.. but now that I look at it, my team doesn't really work well together and I think a draft would be better

Nevino trying to run his tournament while being harrased to make another draft, recolorized 1842.

giphy.gif

Fidel Lagstro said:
Not gonna lie, listening to Nevino as an auctioneer for the WFL draft was more entertaining than the tournament itself.

Going once, going twice, I'm going to bid, going once, going twice, sold. It was pretty quality.

The best part was definitely when the bidding times were prolonged on players he wasn't bidding on, but ended the fastest on players he was bidding on. Hearing other captains complain about it but being unable to do anything about it was quality content.

Guys, this will not be a draft, you all know what you signed up for when you joined the tourney. The teams will stay as is and the tourney will go on as planned.

Surkan said:
like come on look at nikkle's team we dont really have top tier na players and maccle gets stone, gorlock, arys, trox and lagstro

The problem with this is you are comparing yourself to the best team in the tournament and regardless of draft or no draft there will be a best team in the tournament.

If you take maccles starting 8 on say a regular closed map...

Maccle (I)
Arys (I)
Trox (I)
Disco (I) (Not sure of their fourth best inf tbh)
Gorlock (C)
Stone (C)
Lagstro (A)
Ummmmmmmidk (A)

They don't have any studs on infantry compared to a team that has Guacc, Vorn, Aporta, or Gibby but they just have an overall high level of play at every class. They have a very strong cav duo for closed maps and Lagstro and Ummm are on par with the other archer duo's and probably the second best archer duo in the tournament. You could argue that Lagstro makes them the strongest but I would say John and Kane together are the best. On open maps I think they would actually be even better as Arys is a solid third cav player and they other competent people that could play as a fourth cav (in scramble league you don't need much depth).

Now one issue I would say is that this team is super active compared to other teams. With the exception of trox most of these guys play warband quite frequently which is more than most teams can say. Compared to other star players Lagstro is probably the most active whereas there are some strong players on teams that generally do not care about trying in this tournament so they shouldn't be considered star players. This goes for other tiers of players also. My team for example has some good players on it but without naming names three of them are super inactive and would rather play other games than come to matches.  :lol:

An easy fix would be to just swap out one of their mid tier players such as (ummm, trox, or stone) and give them someone else. I think that would put them on par with other teams. I also think doing nothing works too. Outside of Lagstro they have no other star player on their team. If you want to count Gorlock as a star player then maybe they have two but he is pretty rusty right now and I don't think he cares much. They are just an overall good group, whereas every other team will be playing people that are weak at times.

**I would be curious to see as to what order people rate the teams as they stand now.

eu scramble league was fairly balanced
but then again we had an actual system to provide captains with a mix of good players and worse players and not just deciding 'hey, he should go to this team...'

Back
Top Bottom